KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Fear Itself Absorbing man

Superman vs Fear Itself Absorbing man
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Superman vs Fear Itself Absorbing man

Who wins?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 01:38 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

speed would still be an issue, but i think kal would def have his hands full in this one.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 03:37 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think Kal might actually lose to Creel the first time around.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 06:16 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Agreed. Kal's first instinct is almost certainly going to be to punch Creel and once that happens, it's basically over. Not only will he have Superman's powers, he'll also have all the powers of the Serpents hammer (Teleportation, energy projection etc.) and the ability to absorb more properties. The increased intelligence Creel possesses won't make the battle any easier.

With the general knowledge rule, I guess he might go about it a different route but knowing comic characters, he won't. Patience and intelligence is the key to victory here.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 29th, 2012 at 06:40 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 06:36 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Agreed. Kal's first instinct is almost certainly going to be to punch Creel and once that happens, it's basically over. Not only will he have Superman's powers, he'll also have all the powers of the Serpents hammer (Teleportation, energy projection etc.) and the ability to absorb more properties. The increased intelligence Creel possesses won't make the battle any easier.

With the general knowledge rule, I guess he might go about it a different route but knowing comic characters, he won't. Patience and intelligence is the key to victory here.

Funny how kal defeated Earth-man with the power of entire legion with one punch. But I don't know anything about this version of creel because I didn't read any thing related to craptacular Fear Itself. How was creel defeated and what did he do?

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 07:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by abhilegend
Funny how kal defeated Earth-man with the power of entire legion with one punch. But I don't know anything about this version of creel because I didn't read any thing related to craptacular Fear Itself. How was creel defeated and what did he do?

Once they make contact, which is almost certainly going to happen, Creel will have Clark's abilities added to his own. He was the regular Absorbing Man -on a good day though- except with an enchanted hammer and increased intelligence.

Never really defeated, they battle removed him momentarily using an Infinity door but then he had to go to the Serpent's side. Basically went around absorbing shit, beat up Pym and his team some.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 29th, 2012 at 07:46 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 07:43 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Once they make contact, which is almost certainly going to happen, Creel will have Clark's abilities added to his own. He was the regular Absorbing Man -on a good day though- except with an enchanted hammer and increased intelligence.

Never really defeated, they battle removed him momentarily using an Infinity door but then he had to go to the Serpent's side. Basically went around absorbing shit, beat up Pym and his team some.

Of course he would absorb all of Kal's power IF he get touched. Its creel's power after all. But superman would know it by forum rules and he can cover himself by his cape or something rather than just punching him bare hand. He has a lot of experience fighting parasite. I have a question: has creel ever been knocked out by physical force? I would have to find scans but its Action comics 858-863. A great read.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 07:58 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Of course he would absorb all of Kal's power IF he get touched. Its creel's power after all. But superman would know it by forum rules and he can cover himself by his cape or something rather than just punching him bare hand. He has a lot of experience fighting parasite. I have a question: has creel ever been knocked out by physical force? I would have to find scans but its Action comics 858-863. A great read.

Like I said, if he plays it smart he could win (Although I'm pretty sure he absorbed the powers of Pym through his clothing) but most heroes get snagged sooner or later. Besides that, Creel is -on a good day at least- difficult to dispatch of even normally, with increased intelligence, any force Superman uses will just be turned against him.

The John's run? It's been a while since I read it but I know for a fact that Clark finished him only after a combined Legion assault. Not sure if he had Clark's powers or not though (Doubt it from what I remember though). Either way, it paints an incomplete picture, your description of events I mean.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 29th, 2012 at 08:14 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 08:01 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Like I said, if he plays it smart he could win (Although I'm pretty sure he absorbed the powers of Pym through his clothing) but most heroes get snagged sooner or later. Besides that, Creel is -on a good day at least- difficult to dispatch of even normally, with increased intelligence, any force Superman uses will just be turned against him.

The John's run? It's been a while since I read it but I know for a fact that Clark finished him only after a combined Legion assault. Not sure if he had Clark's powers or not though (Doubt it from what I remember though). Either way, it paints an incomplete picture, your description of events I mean.

Not really, Earth-man almost shrugged off all their attacks and defeated them in a single omni-directional blast. This was the legion vs Earth-man

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...n/AC863-011.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...n/AC863-012.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...n/AC863-015.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...Superman/15.jpg

He even shrugged off simultaneous punches from Ultra-boy and Blok and knocked them out with a simultaneous blast. Then this happened

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...Superman/16.jpg

You mean this

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2366/amvspym3.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8579/amvspym04.jpg

It wasn't shown that he absorbed Pym's power through his clothes. I may be right but it was never shown or implied that he could absorb powers through clothes but Pym said that he could absorb the properties of any substance he touches. This with the addition of fact that creel said that he was smarter than before, I can say that he might have punched Pym in the face and thus absorbed his powers. You didn't answer my question.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 08:45 AM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Creel usually has to be taken down by creative means. The one time I know of that he got taken out by physical force was when he absorbed granite and Luke Cage two pieced him. No shame in that though considering granite won't stand up to steel.

Other times he usually has to get tricked. Like touching glass so he can get shattered, etc...

This version of Creel is more than likely in the upper echelons of the elite foes Superman has battled. and incredibly dangerous. He's already Thor level starting out because of the hammer, has the hammers powers. Flight, teleport, energy manip. And he can absorb literally anything Superman throws at him. A punch means he can get just his strength, or his speed, or all his powers. A heat blast means Creel could turn into a sentient form of Clark's heat energy, which he's shown to be effected by. Etc...

It's really Creel's fight to lose.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 09:17 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Not really, Earth-man almost shrugged off all their attacks and defeated them in a single omni-directional blast. This was the legion vs Earth-man

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...n/AC863-011.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...n/AC863-012.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...n/AC863-015.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...Superman/15.jpg

He even shrugged off simultaneous punches from Ultra-boy and Blok and knocked them out with a simultaneous blast. Then this happened

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums...Superman/16.jpg

I think you and I have different definitions of shrug off. It looked like he was feeling those attacks to me. When he was taking shots from Lightning Lad and Lightning Lass, he was phasing through them by the way.

It was a good showing for Superman knocking him out like that, but it's not really anything that spectacular unless he was accessing Ultra-Boy's durability. Otherwise the most durable character's power he can draw on would be Blok's.

Anyways, I don't really care one way or another. And I'm not sure how this is relevant to the fight with Absorbing Man.

http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/2366/amvspym3.jpg
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/8579/amvspym04.jpg

It wasn't shown that he absorbed Pym's power through his clothes. I may be right but it was never shown or implied that he could absorb powers through clothes but Pym said that he could absorb the properties of any substance he touches. This with the addition of fact that creel said that he was smarter than before, I can say that he might have punched Pym in the face and thus absorbed his powers. You didn't answer my question.

The only times I saw Creel making contact with Pym, it was through clothes (Unless I'm forgetting a scene). Anyways, it doesn't matter as here he absorbs the properties of the Pym particle Generator (And forces the entire Infinite Mansion to grow):
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/879...PS_030.jpg.html

I think it's a safe bet that Superman's cape won't provide any protection.

My bad, I missed it. I can't recall any such instances off of the top of my head, at least not in any of his Thor or Hulk related fights. Wouldn't surprise me if it has happened once or twice however. I think it's a safe bet that once contact is made, Superman's powers would be absorbed. That would be the case for even the regular Creel if he was having a good day.

Superman would also have a b*tch of a time trying to dispose of Creel. Frankly, I'm not sure how he'd even manage it, Creel has a brain here and can absorb the properties of any substance.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 29th, 2012 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 09:19 AM
KingD19

Basically Superman is fighting a stronger, incredibly brutal and sadistic, and more varied version of himself.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 09:35 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I think you and I have different definitions of shrug off. It looked like he was feeling those attacks to me. When he was taking shots from Lightning Lad and Lightning Lass, he was phasing through them by the way.

It was a good showing for Superman knocking him out like that, but it's not really anything that spectacular unless he was accessing Ultra-Boy's durability. Otherwise the most durable character's power he can draw on would be Blok's.

Anyways, I don't really care one way or another. And I'm not sure how this is relevant to the fight with Absorbing Man.

The only times I saw Creel making contact with Pym, it was through clothes (Unless I'm forgetting a scene). Anyways, it doesn't matter as here he absorbs the properties of the Pym particle Generator (And forces the entire Infinite Mansion to grow):
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/879...PS_030.jpg.html

I think it's a safe bet that Superman's cape won't provide any protection.

My bad, I missed it. I can't recall any such instances off of the top of my head, at least not in any of his Thor or Hulk related fights. Wouldn't surprise me if it has happened once or twice however. I think it's a safe bet that once contact is made, Superman's powers would be absorbed. That would be the case for even the regular Creel if he was having a good day.

Superman would also have a b*tch of a time trying to dispose of Creel. Frankly, I'm not sure how he'd even manage it, Creel has a brain here and can absorb the properties of any substance.

I just mentioned it because Kal battles similarly powered foes as himself almost on weekly basis. To shrug off a simultaneous punch from ultra-boy and blok from behind isn't easy as those two possesses superman level strength. Yes he was always accessing ultra-boy's durability as kal broke his hand punching him last issue and earth-man explained that he was always using ultra-boy's durability. It is relevent as it shows superman has fought and defeated similar foes. IMO absorbing kal's powers would be the last thing creel wants as superman is too experienced in fighting such enemies like Eradicator, hank henshaw, ultraman, paragon, daxamaites, bizarro, russian zod etc. If he absorbs the properties of kryptonian dna, he wouldn't automatically become as powerful as superman unless he has done something like that before i.e. absorbed powers of an energy absorber and became as powerful as him. He would have to absorb sunlight for a few seconds to achieve a reasonable power level, in which he could be koed. This is an interesting match anyway.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 10:16 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by KingD19
Basically Superman is fighting a stronger, incredibly brutal and sadistic, and more varied version of himself.

Meh, kal fights such foes on weekly basis. Creel may absorb his powers but he wouldn't have any experience with them and he can be koed after that. Manchestar black made bizarro smart but superman still defeated him because he didn't have any experience with his powers.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 10:25 AM
KingD19

Supes powers would be stacked on top of his Serpent imbued powers, and he's absorbed things such as Thor's hammer and Cosmic Cubes before and learned how to work his new abilities pretty quickly when he's on his game. This version would be using Superman's powers on a similar plateau in short order.

So he'd be just as fast, a lot stronger, etc...

This isn't as easy for Clark as you're trying to make it seem, and in all honesty Creel takes a high majority.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 10:37 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^The thing is that superman's power works differently than thor or a cosmic cube. When he absorbed thor's unique elder god-asgardian or a CCU's inherent powers, he doesn't have to recharge himself with an external source. Pym was going h2h AFTER creel absorbed his powers and even lifted him after locking hands with him. Color me unimpressed with his serpent imbued powers. His strength wouldn't be OMG 2 or 3 times than kal's. I can see it going either way like with any high herald.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 10:58 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

I just mentioned it because Kal battles similarly powered foes as himself almost on weekly basis. To shrug off a simultaneous punch from ultra-boy and blok from behind isn't easy as those two possesses superman level strength.Yes he was always accessing ultra-boy's durability as kal broke his hand punching him last issue and earth-man explained that he was always using ultra-boy's durability.

I realize that his fought energy absorbers like Parasite and Earth-Man but like I said, it's not that relevant. Different beasts. This is an intelligent Creel, I'm not sure how he'd go about putting him down without the added Kryptonian abilities.

What are you talking about? He tapped Ultra-Boy's powers to gain access to invulnerability:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7522/28016766.jpg
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1298/28160338.jpg

Where did it say that it was a constant? I'm not saying he wasn't accessing it in the end there conclusively (That would be taking speculation too far on my part) but you're extrapolating too much there.

It is relevent as it shows superman has fought and defeated similar foes. IMO absorbing kal's powers would be the last thing creel wants as superman is too experienced in fighting such enemies like Eradicator, hank henshaw, ultraman, paragon, daxamaites, bizarro, russian zod etc. If he absorbs the properties of kryptonian dna, he wouldn't automatically become as powerful as superman unless he has done something like that before i.e. absorbed powers of an energy absorber and became as powerful as him.
He would have to absorb sunlight for a few seconds to achieve a reasonable power level, in which he could be koed. This is an interesting match anyway.

When Creel absorbs Superman's powers, he doesn't become a Kryptonian, he just has that well of abilities to draw on top of his others. His experience with fighting Kryptonian like foes would be immense if Creel was limited to that powerset.

Creel has been able to absorb the properties of anything (Except one alien form of energy) including IIRC the Quantum Bands and the Hulk so I'd say that solar dependency issue wouldn't come into play. His abilities don't really have any type of defined description outside the vague 'he can absorb essences/properties' statement. Whatever, it's magic.

How would Superman go about achieving a knock out? With Creel having a brain, his restoration abilities should be at their peak.

Tbh, I'm just treating this version as Creel having a good day. The hammer isn't really what makes him dangerous, it's the increased intelligence. Regularly, Superman would definitely win, maybe as easily as a knock out through heat vision or something but the hammer is enough of a leg up for him to be written intelligently/with respect. Otherwise he can range from giving Clark a tough fight to being punked.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Jan 29th, 2012 at 11:10 AM

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:07 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^My bad, I thought he was accessing his durability non-stop. But he flew through space unaided and later said that "I have every power your precious legion possesses" and took ultra-boy and blok's punch from behind without a grunt, my theory has more proof than yours.

You are giving too much emphasis on a statement from creel. He didn't do anything particularly exceptional. IIRC he becomes the substance he touches, wasn't he once turned into cocaine, distributed into drug addicts and reformed through their urine? Like I said even if he becomes as powerful as kal, its not a game over. Paragon becomes twice as powerful as a metahuman in his vicinity and even he couldn't ko kal with twice of his strength. He also stalemated PC superboy and koed PC Mon-el. What restoration abilities? Like I said this can go either way.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 11:32 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

^My bad, I thought he was accessing his durability non-stop. But he flew through space unaided and later said that "I have every power your precious legion possesses" and took ultra-boy and blok's punch from behind without a grunt, my theory has more proof than yours.

In the very scene you're referencing he says that multiple powers protect him from the effects of space. Surviving those hits better supports your stance but at the same time, his IIRC felt weaker attacks. It's really not conclusive. Whatever, it's not really relevant and I don't care either way.

You are giving too much emphasis on a statement from creel. He didn't do anything particularly exceptional. IIRC he becomes the substance he touches, wasn't he once turned into cocaine, distributed into drug addicts and reformed through their urine? Like I said even if he becomes as powerful as kal, its not a game over. Paragon becomes twice as powerful as a metahuman in his vicinity and even he couldn't ko kal with twice of his strength. He also stalemated PC superboy and koed PC Mon-el. What restoration abilities? Like I said this can go either way.

His overall superior craftiness indicated an increased intelligence, his claim wasn't unsupported. It's just a shame he didn't face any real challenges. Not sure what that has to do with anything, involuntary transformation (If that's what you're getting) is no longer an issue. I'm happy for Clark I guess. His ability to reform from basically anything. Maybe if Clark makes no contact, still not sure how he'd go about disposing of Creel though.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 01:36 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

In the very scene you're referencing he says that multiple powers protect him from the effects of space. Surviving those hits better supports your stance but at the same time, his IIRC felt weaker attacks. It's really not conclusive. Whatever, it's not really relevant and I don't care either way.

That only proves that he can use multiple powers at once. Not really, lightning lad and lass are incredibly powerful and phasing through their attacks doesn't mean anything. Yes it's not conclusive but its a very impressive feat. You don't care for anyone's feats other than thor anyway.cool

quote:
His overall superior craftiness indicated an increased intelligence, his claim wasn't unsupported. It's just a shame he didn't face any real challenges. Not sure what that has to do with anything, involuntary transformation (If that's what you're getting) is no longer an issue. I'm happy for Clark I guess. His ability to reform from basically anything. Maybe if Clark makes no contact, still not sure how he'd go about disposing of Creel though.

Just indicative, nothing conclusive. Too bad for creel. Why its no longer an issue, can you clarify? IIRC it wasn't an involuntary transformation but he was tricked and unable to reform from the scattered part of his body. He can't just reform from anything, daredevil once just cracked his diamond body to defeat him and unless this "smarting up" rendered every showing of creel losing invalid, its still applicable. You are happy for clark, it must be end of the world. Why counter-vibrations of course. Seriously did creel teleported anywhere or we are just assuming that he was capable of it like kuurth? He can still ko creel using some ice coating on his hands courtesy of freeze breath.

Old Post Jan 29th, 2012 02:53 PM