KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who would odin pick as thors replacement

Who would odin pick as thors replacement
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Who would odin pick as thors replacement

If odin had to pick who would he pick to replace thor.

Gladiator
Hercules
Silver Surfer
Superman

I have returned

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 12:31 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Either Gladiator or Hercules

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 12:41 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Not a chance, Superman's reluctance to kill enemies (even during war) would prevent Odin from ever picking him.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 12:48 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

A guy that can fight.
Is good with the women.
Has a regal presence.
Knows how to handle true power?

The answer is the batman.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 12:53 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Out of the list, I'd say that he would choose Superman, but I think that you should have included Captain America, because that's sure to be his number one choice.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:06 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wangbanana
Not anymore.....

And even pre the changes Odin wouldn't of been stupid, he'd pick the guy who has won more comic battles than all the others put together.

Gladiator or Hercules would be better picks and Odin isn't stupid.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:07 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

He likely wouldn't pick anyone on this list. None of them are worthy.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:18 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

True, I did enjoy watching Superman fail to lift Mjolnir during the crossover.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:20 AM
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since supes blocked with his hand while on the ground would thor be better off letting it go?

I have returned

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:26 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Maybe Hercules to spite his rival Zeus. stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 01:27 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Naturally Odin would pick Volstagg.

From that list, Herc. Boyscouts like supes are definately not worthy and Glads` blind loyalty kind of disqualifies him too. Surfer might actually be a half decent pick, but he would need to spend a lot of time in the mead hall, plus weapons training.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:36 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Silent Master
True, I did enjoy watching Superman fail to lift Mjolnir during the crossover.

No kidding, you did enjoy that scene.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 07:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Beta Ray Bill

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 02:03 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Hercules.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 03:58 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Odin would begrudgingly give it to Hercules if not Silver Surfer.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 04:03 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Re: Who would odin pick as thors replacement

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
If odin had to pick who would he pick to replace thor.

Gladiator
Hercules
Silver Surfer
Superman

I'm leaning towards Gladiator. Not because I think he is the most powerful, but for other reasons.

Hercules- Sometimes a buffoon, sometimes serious, but too unpredictable.

Surfer and Supes- very powerful, but a little too wishy-washy and definitely not with the Asgardian Warrior God mind-set. Also, no experience as royalty, as it exists in Asgard.

Gladiator, however, already has the whole warrior-duty-honor-thing. He also has spent much of his time in the presence of high royalty. He would understand how it works and what is expected of him.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:12 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Out of that lot, it has to be Gladiator. As others have stated, Surfer and Superman do not kill. Neither possesses Thor's temperament and lust for battle. So neither would be as aggressive and domineering as Thor.

Hercules, though boisterous and charming in his own way, is entirely without respect for his own father, how is he going to show any for Odin. The relationship would never work. Although, as he proved, he is a much better Thor than Thor. It's just that bit about being noble and cow-towing to Odin that'd be a big problem.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:20 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
He likely wouldn't pick anyone on this list. None of them are worthy.

This.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:29 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Stoic
Out of the list, I'd say that he would choose Superman, but I think that you should have included Captain America, because that's sure to be his number one choice.
When Thor makes Odin look down in disappointment Odin looks at captain america cursing the fact that Steve wasn't his son instead.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 05:55 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

wonder woman

Old Post Feb 1st, 2012 08:37 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote