KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine (No Claws) vs Tombstone

Wolverine (No Claws) vs Tombstone
Started by: Stoic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

Wolverine (No Claws) vs Tombstone

Wolverine is only using his fists.

In a brawl how would this go?

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 05:01 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Re: Wolverine (No Claws) vs Tombstone

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Wolverine is only using his fists.

In a brawl how would this go?
He goes all Black Dragon Master weak point attack on Tombstone and ko'es him.

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 05:05 AM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

DD koed Tombstone with a sledgehammer, Wolverine's fist should more than do the trick.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 29th, 2012 05:20 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
DD koed Tombstone with a sledgehammer, Wolverine's fist should more than do the trick.

With his strength and adamant in fists. I'd see that happening. Issue is should the sledgehammer feat have happened in the first place. Doesn't tombstone trade blows with spiderman for example....

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 09:03 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Traded blows with Spider-Man(who has hurt his hands punching Tombstone), Cage, etc..

It was PIS.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 09:47 PM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Tombstone should be able to win this.

Even if the sledgehammer feat is legit, there is a lot of difference between the weight of a sledgehammer and the weight of a handful of metal fingers. Much less mass.

So, the next questions are:

1. How much damage can Logan do with his fingers?
2. How tough is Tombstones skin.
3. What can Tombstone do to Logan?

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 11:27 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Originally posted by Horrificus
Tombstone should be able to win this.

Even if the sledgehammer feat is legit, there is a lot of difference between the weight of a sledgehammer and the weight of a handful of metal fingers. Much less mass.

So, the next questions are:

1. How much damage can Logan do with his fingers?
2. How tough is Tombstones skin.
3. What can Tombstone do to Logan?

have u not read Wolverine comics?
his skill and striking power is insane..

it is constantly explained how adamantium weighs and increases his striking power to hurt guys way above Tombstones weight class.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2012 11:34 PM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Nietzschean
have u not read Wolverine comics?
his skill and striking power is insane..

it is constantly explained how adamantium weighs and increases his striking power to hurt guys way above Tombstones weight class.
Look at your hand. Look at your fingers.
Unless his fingers are also laced with White Dwarf Star metal, it isn't going to be as massive as a sledgehammer.

Personally, I would imagine that a full-sized sledgehammer swung by Daredevil is going to be more devastating than a punch from Wolverine.

And, like I said, it also depends on Tombstone's durability.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 12:04 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Look at your hand. Look at your fingers.
Unless his fingers are also laced with White Dwarf Star metal, it isn't going to be as massive as a sledgehammer.

Personally, I would imagine that a full-sized sledgehammer swung by Daredevil is going to be more devastating than a punch from Wolverine.

And, like I said, it also depends on Tombstone's durability.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...stfight3qn9.jpg

Wolverine is significantly stronger then Rough House.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 12:22 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/...stfight3qn9.jpg

Wolverine is significantly stronger then Rough House.
Well, if that's true, (which, I don't think it is), that would completely change Wolverine's profile.

Roughouse has the superhuman strength of a Rock Troll or something.
Wolverine does not have the ability to do the things that Roughouse has done.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 01:38 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Well, if that's true, (which, I don't think it is), that would completely change Wolverine's profile.

It is true. And what?

Roughouse has the superhuman strength of a Rock Troll or something.

He a decedent of them and is more powerful then tomb stone.

Wolverine does not have the ability to do the things that Roughouse has done.

He doesent need to. He beating the shit out of a guy who more powerful then tomb stone and stating he regularly does this.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 01:43 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
It is true. And what?

He a decedent of them and is more powerful then tomb stone.

He doesent need to. He beating the shit out of a guy who more powerful then tomb stone and stating he regularly does this.

Yeah. I'm saying that Wolverine does not have superhuman strength and the comment about him being significantly stronger than Roughouse is incorrect.

And I'm saying that the character of Wolverine and the writing that follows him around are poorest quality, low-brow and totally lacking in any attempt to maintain continuity with the rest of the MU.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:02 AM
KingD19

Yeah. As BA as Logan is, one instance of him sparring with Roughouse and saying he's better doesn't impress as it's clearly PIS to show how Logan can keep from falling prey to his berserk rages. Roughouse is supposed to be Class 50-ish, and while Logan has plenty of strength feats, none of them are into the double digit class, nor should they be because he isn't that strong and isn't displayed as that strong in other instances.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:07 AM
KingD19 is online now! Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

actual lifting strength is irrelevant b/c in comics a character can have superhuman striking power without the overall physical stats.

wolverine has tons of feats showing his striking power against opponents well above Tombstone

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:16 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

no non no no no. I dident see that. that was an accident. I ment Daredevil. Not rough house.. I am sorry i completely missed that. That was an accident. I just re read my post that was supose to say Daredevil. My bad guys. Rough house is way stronger then Wolverine sorry about that guys.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:17 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Yeah. I'm saying that Wolverine does not have superhuman strength and the comment about him being significantly stronger than Roughouse is incorrect.

My bad man, that was supose to say Daredevil. That was a mistaken on my part.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:19 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by KingD19
Yeah. As BA as Logan is, one instance of him sparring with Roughouse and saying he's better doesn't impress as it's clearly PIS to show how Logan can keep from falling prey to his berserk rages. Roughouse is supposed to be Class 50-ish, and while Logan has plenty of strength feats, none of them are into the double digit class, nor should they be because he isn't that strong and isn't displayed as that strong in other instances.

There nothing PIS about that. He done that number of times to rough-house. In that instances they even reference he done that a number of times.

Rough house is stronger the class 50.

They dont need to be, your jumping the guy here, and comic dont support u. He dident win because of strength. He just out fought rough house while not holding back.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:21 AM
KingD19

Have they actually fought a number of times? Or was that one time referencing the number of times they fought off panel?

And what I'm saying is, from what I've seen, Logan's strength isn't all that great in all of his appearances. Unless it's just against Roughouse.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:27 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Have they actually fought a number of times? Or was that one time referencing the number of times they fought off panel?

Yes Rough-House is one of Wolverine rouges and he has fought him a number of times.

And what I'm saying is, from what I've seen, Logan's strength isn't all that great in all of his appearances. Unless it's just against Roughouse.

For starters that striking power not strength. And ones striking power is not base off of ones strength level that but a factor. This is very true in the real world as well. That why GSP has the strongest punch of record and he not even remotely close to the strongest UFC fighter or boxer. Wolverine shown crazy striking power feats and in actual strength is likely stronger then you think as well.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 02:32 AM
SamZED

Not trying to take anything away from the feat but Roughouse would be the "third part". We're talking about Tombstone and know for a fact that Spider-man has a hard time hurting him with his class 10 punches. Logan would have to hit harder than Spider-man in order for his attacks to have some effect. Only other option I see is presure point attacks, and from what we've seen they're not that usefull against TS.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2012 03:21 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote