KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » New Krypton vs Arishem

New Krypton vs Arishem
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

New Krypton vs Arishem

All 100,000 members of New Krypton sundip for 5 minutes.

vs

Arishem

No BFR

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2012 11:18 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

They might be able to do a lot of damage , but the Celestial eventually wins .

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2012 11:20 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

One Celestial vs 100,000 Trans characters? This is actually a tough one for me. Say 100 Sundipped kryptonians could beat a skyfather for the sake of argument. That would mean we have the equivalent of maybe 1,000 skyfathers here. I think the Celestial loses.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 12:34 AM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I don't think maths works that way.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 01:28 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

I'm not saying it's a hard and fast rule, but it's the only way I can think of to make sense of this many characters involved in a fight. I also think I was being VERY conservative saying that 100 Sundipped Kryptonians could beat one skyfather (generous to the skyfather). I realize other things could come into play here, but as far as I've seen Celestials fight, 98% of the time they fire incredibly powerful energy blasts, and they always seen very slow to react. I highly doubt Arishem is going to do something like turn the sun red, as it seems highly out of character, and with the sundip I don't think it would matter much anyway.

If you have another way to look at this fight, I'd love to hear it.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 01:38 AM
PillarofOsiris is currently offline Click here to Send PillarofOsiris a Private Message Find more posts by PillarofOsiris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I'm not saying it's a hard and fast rule, but it's the only way I can think of to make sense of this many characters involved in a fight. I also think I was being VERY conservative saying that 100 Sundipped Kryptonians could beat one skyfather (generous to the skyfather). I realize other things could come into play here, but as far as I've seen Celestials fight, 98% of the time they fire incredibly powerful energy blasts, and they always seen very slow to react. I highly doubt Arishem is going to do something like turn the sun red, as it seems highly out of character, and with the sundip I don't think it would matter much anyway.

If you have another way to look at this fight, I'd love to hear it.

Based on their fight with the Pre-Retcon Beyonder , I wouldn't say that in a combat situation , they would be too slow to react .
They generally appear too slow to react , only when they are faced with beings , whom they don't even bother to notice , let alone take seriously as a threat in a fight .

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 01:44 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

The average kryptonian sundipped is Trans level

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 01:52 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Superman when sundipped is trans level. The average kryptonian? I really don't think so, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 01:57 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman when sundipped is trans level. The average kryptonian? I really don't think so, tbh.

Agreed Superman is more powerful, but an average kryptonian is still a low to mid herald. I can't believe a 5 minute long sundip makes them just high heralds. But I guess there's no way to prove it. Also, it's also hard to judge how long Superman sundipped for to make him that powerful, but it didn't seem to be very long at all.

Last edited by PillarofOsiris on Jul 23rd, 2012 at 02:05 AM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:01 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Agreed Superman is more powerful, but an average kryptonian is still a low to mid herald. I can't believe a 5 minute long sundip makes them just high heralds. But I guess there's no way to prove it. Also, it's also hard to judge how long Superman sundipped for to make him that powerful, but it didn't seem to be very long at all.

Trans is a bit of a push

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:06 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Haha now I have images of cross dressing Kryptonians...

As for this thread, it would be a long drawn out fight, but eventually Arishem will win, imo.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:08 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PillarofOsiris

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Trans is a bit of a push

Well, here's the question we can ask. If Ursa, for example, sundipped for 5 minutes would she wipe the floor with regular Superman? I would tend to think "yes".

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:12 AM
DarkSaint85

Yeah, I think there are four tiers of Kryptonians:

Superman
Named Ks (Ursa, Zod etc)
Unnamed Kryptonians but trained (so soldiers)
Unnamed Kryptonian teachers, taxi drivers etc.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:15 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Arishem.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:20 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiththegreat

Aren't all Kryptonians equal besides Superman? I always thought he was more powerful because of being a direct descendent of Rao. Has Zod ever beaten multiple kryptonians before like Superman has?

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:20 AM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Well, here's the question we can ask. If Ursa, for example, sundipped for 5 minutes would she wipe the floor with regular Superman? I would tend to think "yes".

Ursa isn't a no name

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:22 AM
keiththegreat

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Ursa isn't a no name

Well, you did say "Average kryptonian" not "no name". And I've never seen anything that showed her more powerful than any other kryptonian.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:24 AM
DarkSaint85

Average = no name, mate. Average joe, John Smith etc....

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:26 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Well, you did say "Average kryptonian" not "no name". And I've never seen anything that showed her more powerful than any other kryptonian.

But she's not average either..average is a run of the mill person with zero combat experience

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:26 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Aren't all Kryptonians equal besides Superman? I always thought he was more powerful because of being a direct descendent of Rao. Has Zod ever beaten multiple kryptonians before like Superman has?

Superman being a direct descendant of Rao is something that's mentioned barely a handful of times and also something I'd wager isn't the primary reason why Superman > other Kryptonians.

Superman's experience and skill using his powers and constant exposure to yellow sun are cited as being reasons he's > other Kryptonians moreso than the Rao explanation.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2012 02:28 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote