KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Full-Powered Spectre vs Post Retcon Living Tribunal

Full-Powered Spectre vs Post Retcon Living Tribunal
Started by: Waffleman22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Waffleman22

Full-Powered Spectre vs Post Retcon Living Tribunal

Seeing how my joke threads are... not well recieved ive decided to just to a tradtional one that i think should be talked about more

Gods Wrath vs Gods Judgement

I personally say they are equal but i give a few rules

1.) They meet in indisclosed megaverse were they are free to do whatever
2.) Besides a power boost they are given no help from Presence or TOAA (because it would be a stalemate)
3.) No using stupid PIS like Spectre getting beat by Emperor Joker or Living Tribunal just doing nothing to stop Thanos.
4.) They see each others multiverse as a threat and are willing to kill to protect their multiverse and neither are aware of eithers connection to God nor do they care. They are bloodlusted to the MAX

Lets begin

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 02:58 PM
Waffleman22 is currently offline Click here to Send Waffleman22 a Private Message Find more posts by Waffleman22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

I don't know when the Living Tribunal was retconned, but he wins regardless

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:00 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

I more along talking about after the Secret Wars 2 event, where he apparently became the strongest character in the Marvel after Beyonder was "retcon pencilled" by Marvel. Also i just see him as more powerful nowadays

And i using the version of Spectre that
A.) Has a power boost from the Presence
B.) The one that supposed to be strong enough to beat Mxyzptlk a being who is pretty much Omniversal in power.

Speculation you cry... Well i guess but Spectre is pretty powerful and if he is powered by the Presence a little he could put up a fair fight.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:07 PM
Waffleman22 is currently offline Click here to Send Waffleman22 a Private Message Find more posts by Waffleman22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

LT exists outside the multiverse

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:08 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

and Spectre doesnt exactly apply to the rules of the Multiverse now does he. I think if he has the power to wipe out all magic in the 5th Dimension he pretty much goes beyond the DC Multiverse. Heck he was stated to be powerful enough to exist beyond infinity and managed to redo all of the damage PC Superman did after he nearly destroyed the DC Megaverse

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:10 PM
Waffleman22

Also just to add, im also giving each a power boost given to them by God, just to make it clear. IM not however allowing God to intervere at all.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:17 PM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Has spectre ever influenced the fourth wall, because that's 1/3 of LT's job

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:23 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Waffleman22
I more along talking about after the Secret Wars 2 event, where he apparently became the strongest character in the Marvel after Beyonder was "retcon pencilled" by Marvel. Also i just see him as more powerful nowadays

And i using the version of Spectre that
A.) Has a power boost from the Presence
B.) The one that supposed to be strong enough to beat Mxyzptlk a being who is pretty much Omniversal in power.

Speculation you cry... Well i guess but Spectre is pretty powerful and if he is powered by the Presence a little he could put up a fair fight.

Spectre has never beaten Mxy to my knowledge.

He's been raped by 5D Imps on multiple occasions, however.

'Be.'

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:28 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

Not really, i think you are talking about talking to audience. Because i think he has affected the plain before.

As ive said ive always seen them as equals in power. But LT power is constant while Spectre is always fluctuating.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:29 PM
Waffleman22

Again that can be pointed the fact that every time they fought Spectre was weakened or had a human host holding him down. Its been stated without this he is the second most powerful being in DC at full power. And THAT is saying a lot when youve got an entire dimension of Mxy to deal with.

Also i compare Mxy to Pre Retcon Beyonder. And i remember Beyonder making LT his btich.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:31 PM
Cogito

The only time the Spectre was host-less was DoV, and that was far from the most powerful Spectre we've seen.

The Spectre was designed to need a host. To say that he'd be more powerful without one is speculative at best.

'Be.'

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:36 PM
Waffleman22

Didnt in Day of Vengeance he remove all the magic in the known DC Multiverse and 5th Dimension thearby removing powers from the Wizard Shazam, Phantom Stranger, Mxyzptlk, Batmite, and Zatanna each of which are without doubt Universe possibly Multiverse+ in power? Thats pretty damn impressive if you ask me. Even so i am just speculating and im not saying that Spectre would "ZOMG CURBSTOMP LIVING TRI-BUTTHOLE DC FOREVERZ smile sad ! ! #@@#J@EURH@$E" Im just saying logically they are pretty equal. Im just saying which one could find a weakness in the other because they obviously arent going beat each otehr conventionally

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 03:58 PM
the Darkone

Classic Beyonder who was on another level and is greater than Mxy ,and so is Living Tribunal. Unlike Spectre the Living Tribunal is the supreme being in Marvel Omniverse, as where the Spectre dosen't have that type of jurisdiction, like his counter part LT.

At best I see LT, if it's in the MU LT rage stomps him, in DC Spectre might win but will have to work very hard for it and their still a chance he could still lose.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:09 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

Didnt WF Mxy destroy the Omniverse (Mxy said "And after that i destroyed everything no more Alternate Universes no more Infinite realities, Just you and ME" in a game of tag with Bat Mite. Thats not something to dwelve into lightly. I would put that WF Mxy is at least Omniversal level and thats the only time Spectre straight up lost to Mxy (though it is argued that if could have been differently if he was at full power)

Also didnt Marvel vs DC prove that they were equal in term of their repsective multiverses.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:15 PM
the Darkone

Originally posted by Waffleman22
Didnt WF Mxy destroy the Omniverse (Mxy said "And after that i destroyed everything no more Alternate Universes no more Infinite realities, Just you and ME" in a game of tag with Bat Mite. Thats not something to dwelve into lightly. I would put that WF Mxy is at least Omniversal level and thats the only time Spectre straight up lost to Mxy (though it is argued that if could have been differently if he was at full power)

Also didnt Marvel vs DC prove that they were equal in term of their repsective multiverses.

WF is non canon, it's more of a spoof comic

Classic Beyonder depowered himself so he could fit in the Marvel Omniverse, and he was still more powerful than the whole universe.

LT still beats Spectre

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:25 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Waffleman22

Well wasnt Beyonder retconned to have never even had that much power and he imagined that he beat all the celestials?

They are about equal

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:27 PM
Cogito

Galan's hashed out the canonicity of World's Funnest many times before, so I won't get into that again here.

Spectre has been defeated by 5D imps on multiple occasions

Quisp did it
Emperor Joker did it (w/ Mxy's power; not sure how that's PIS)
Mxy did it (WF)
Batmite did it (WF)

'Be.'

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:38 PM
the Darkone

That's why we have two versions of Beyonder... Before the Retconned,the Beyonder was the most powerful character in comic book history a distant second was Crisis on Infinite Earth Anti-Monitor and Classic Molecule Man, these three alone would sh** MXy and the LT and Spectre.

At height of power Classic Beyonder would have rage stomp Mxy PC DC universe and Anti Monitor with a thought.

Now back on topic, LT wins he is more consistant in all of his appearance, where Spectre gets raped pretty much by anybody these days, which is a disgrace.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:47 PM
the Darkone

Originally posted by Cogito
Galan's hashed out the canonicity of World's Funnest many times before, so I won't get into that again here.

Spectre has been defeated by 5D imps on multiple occasions

Quisp did it
Mxy did it (WF)
Batmite did it (WF)

I say let the monitors sort canonacy out.

I agree what you are saying about Spectre has been defeated by 5D imps on multiple occasions

Quisp did it
Mxy did it (WF)
Batmite did it (WF)

like I said earlier, it's a shame a character of Spectre caliber gets molested as where he should be below Michael and more powerful than Mxy IMO.

That's DC for u

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:51 PM
Waffleman22

If Beyonder was SOOOO powerful, How did he get retconned? Because TOAA (canon wise) probably just got tired of him. And again wasnt the idea that the PR Beyonder imagined he beat the Celestials and wasnt that powerful at all?

Im no counting for consistancy, and counting which at FULL POWER would win. And even then im kinda giving Spectre a slight power boost to make it more even

Old Post Aug 14th, 2012 04:58 PM