KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » my fiirst KmC post. Quasar vs Captain Atom

my fiirst KmC post. Quasar vs Captain Atom
Started by: DaRealGangsta

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DaRealGangsta

my fiirst KmC post.

Whaddup? Its ya boii DaRealGangsta, comin at ya wit my first battle. We gon start Biig.
To of my fav characters from DC & Mrvl

Quasar vs Captain Atom.

Which is da tougher homie?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 09:22 AM
DaRealGangsta is currently offline Click here to Send DaRealGangsta a Private Message Find more posts by DaRealGangsta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Welcome to KMC DarealGangsta! I don't know much about Quasar so I can't say but someone else might have an opinion. smile

The Word

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 12:25 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quab

If this is the new52 Captain Atom, then he stomps Quasar hard. If not, I'd incline it'd be a tougher match but otherwise the outcome is still the same.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 03:24 PM
quab is currently offline Click here to Send quab a Private Message Find more posts by quab Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DaRealGangsta
Hello Chaps, my name is DaRealGangsta, I've found myself most inquisitive towards the nature of this exchange.
These gentleman carry favor with me, with one DC & the other Mrvl

Quasar vs Captain Atom.

Whom is without reproach?

Fixed happy

Depends on incarnations, but if current versions I'd say Quasar's greater number of feats tends to make me lean towards him winning.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 07:19 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Welcome aboard Gangsta...as for the battle, Quasar wins.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 07:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by carver9
Welcome aboard Gangsta...as for the battle, Quasar wins.
Stop misleading the new poster.

Atom wins.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 10:35 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRealGangsta

So we got, 2 winz for quasar and 2 got Atom.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2012 10:40 PM
DaRealGangsta is currently offline Click here to Send DaRealGangsta a Private Message Find more posts by DaRealGangsta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

As usual, its down to me...

Atom.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 02:05 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blight
Less than Newbie

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
As usual, its down to me...

Atom.

thumb up

-_-

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 02:12 AM
Blight is currently offline Click here to Send Blight a Private Message Find more posts by Blight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DaRealGangsta

Atom iit iz!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 02:22 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Cap wins.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 02:39 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

This is a perfect battle for Quasar. If he can put the voodoo on a watcher's power, he can do it to Captain Atom. And that is just a fraction of what he can do.

There was never shown to be a type of energy that Quasar could not completely manipulate.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 04:42 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Cap is a really bad match up for quasar. He can control quantum energy better than anyone.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 06:47 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by abhilegend
Cap is a really bad match up for quasar. He can control quantum energy better than anyone.
Whew. Good point Abhi.
Then it's a good thing that Quasar has complete control of all forms of energy, including "quantum" forms. He says that the simplest form of energy for him to control, is quantum energy. I, for one, believe him.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 04:06 PM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Horrificus
Whew. Good point Abhi.
Then it's a good thing that Quasar has complete control of all forms of energy, including "quantum" forms. He says that the simplest form of energy for him to control, is quantum energy. I, for one, believe him.

So does captain atom, he has feats that would shit upon quasar's like creating and destroying a universe. Cap however isn't limited to energy manipulation.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 04:13 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

This is a perfect battle for Quasar. If he can put the voodoo on a watcher's power, he can do it to Captain Atom. And that is just a fraction of what he can do.

There was never shown to be a type of energy that Quasar could not completely manipulate.

Captain atom wins about 8/10

Energies quasar couldn't manipulate? Dark force energies ie oblivions lackey. The cosmic control rod, magic. Basically it's everything in the known positive universe... Unless they need quasar to lose. :-/

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 05:38 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

brb

Old Post Oct 26th, 2012 10:11 PM
the Darkone

Quasar

Last edited by the Darkone on Oct 27th, 2012 at 06:53 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 06:45 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Qusar

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 06:57 AM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Just off the top of my head, this is just some of the energy types he CANNOT affect :
Psionic energy - as seen vs Modok
Darkforce - as seen vs Darkstar
Skrullian Power Prism energy - as seen vs Dr. Spectrum
Magic - as seen vs Enchantress
Kinetic Energy - as seen during the Cosmos in Collision story arc (they Q-bands were wielded by Maelstrom who also had Cosmic Awareness at the time)
The Weakforce - as seen vs Half-Life
There's probably more examples I'm missing but these should do.

I believe it was actually stated on panel that the Q-bands fail vs anything outside the EM Spectrum. On panel vs Red Ghost, he threw everything he had at him to try and affect his intangible form, nothing Quasar did worked. And it was stated on panel by Quasar himself that he was basically going through the entire EM Spectrum trying to find an energy frequency that would affect Red Ghost while he was intangible and he failed miserably.

If Captain Atom's energy is outside the EM Spectrum, Quasar is basically fxxked.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 02:58 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote