KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bor vs P5 Emma Frost

Bor vs P5 Emma Frost
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Bor vs P5 Emma Frost

Who wins? No BFR.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 10:41 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Bor would thrash her hard but he has no answer for her regenaration.

P5 Emma for a solid 8/10

Bor gets 2 by using some sort of magic vodoo

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:10 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Possibly P5 Emma Frost. If all Bor is gonna do is punch her, he's in for a long ass fight. She'll just reform and if she EVER remembers that she's a host to 1/5 of universal/multiversal psionic being, she'll just rearrange his molecules and turn him into toilet paper or a snowflake (again).

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:11 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

emma in a stomp

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:13 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Tbh, I don't how she's going to put Bor down for the count, either.

Guy was durable enough to cause Mjolnir to shatter upon striking him hard enough.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:16 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Tbh, I don't how she's going to put Bor down for the count, either.

Guy was durable enough to cause Mjolnir to shatter upon striking him hard enough.

Yet got turned into a snowflake by Loki. Neither side is gonna win by punching each other.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:36 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by zopzop
Yet got turned into a snowflake by Loki. Neither side is gonna win by punching each other.

Who prepped for it and took advantage that Bor's defenses were lowered.

If Bor goes into his planetary destruction/"unleashed" mode, it probably won't bode well for Emma.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:47 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Who prepped for it and took advantage that Bor's defenses were lowered.

If Bor goes into his planetary destruction/"unleashed" mode, it probably won't bode well for Emma.

Fine, what happened after Bor realized he was being turned into a snowflake? Nothing. He couldn't resist AND he couldn't undo it. He was stuck in snowflake form till he was freed by another person.

Planetary destruction is over rated. Surfer and Morg devastated an entire solar system yet Surfer can't even put Thor down. P5 Emma made him her b|tch, literally.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2012 11:50 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Fine, what happened after Bor realized he was being turned into a snowflake? Nothing. He couldn't resist AND he couldn't undo it. He was stuck in snowflake form till he was freed by another person.

Planetary destruction is over rated. Surfer and Morg devastated an entire solar system yet Surfer can't even put Thor down. P5 Emma made him her b|tch, literally.

That's more of an incredibly high feat for Loki than it is a mark against the likes of Bor.

P5 Emma beat the crap out of Thor. Bor would have outright killed him even while Thor blocked his strike with Mjolnir if not for the Odinforce. He hadn't even tapped into his full power, yet. Entirely different leagues, imo.

Destroying the planet in of itself isn't the impressive part about Bor being "unleashed". If anything, it was merely an aftereffect of him merely tapping into his energy like something out of Dragonball Z. In any case, a guy capable of one shot killing Odin Force-less Thor and putting OF Thor through the ringer more so than the Destroyer Armor and causing Mjolnir to shatter upon hitting him is pretty goddamn powerful.

Last edited by JakeTheBank on Dec 11th, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:02 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

That's more of an incredibly high feat for Loki than it is a mark against the likes of Bor.

For a guy who's been able to freeze the very Abstract embodiment of Death(it was point of contention for more than three comic book issues), turning a high-trans/low-skyfather(depending on where one puts Bor) character into a snowflake is hardly a high feat imo.
Edit:
a guy capable of one shot killing Odin Force-less Thor

Based on what? A statement? Hardly conclusive, when beings far more powerful than Bor have failed to put down Thor for the count on-panel. And they used more than one-shots.

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Dec 11th, 2012 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:16 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

P5 Emma beat the crap out of Thor. Bor would have outright killed him even while Thor blocked his strike with Mjolnir if not for the Odinforce. He hadn't even tapped into his full power, yet. Entirely different leagues, imo.

Destroying the planet in of itself isn't the impressive part about Bor being "unleashed". If anything, it was merely an aftereffect of him merely tapping into his energy like something out of Dragonball Z. In any case, a guy capable of one shot killing Odin Force-less Thor and putting OF Thor through the ringer more so than the Destroyer Armor and causing Mjolnir to shatter upon hitting him is pretty goddamn powerful.

Again, this is all physical assaults, which meant nothing to P5 Emma. And if you want to talk about untapped power, I'd go with hosting 1/5 of the universal/multiversal embodiment of psionic energy over anything Bor could marshal.

P5 Emma wins.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:17 AM
Glorificus

Emma.

She should win via godly telepathy too. That whole "looking into the mind of a god" crap that kept her from turning Thor into a vegetable was riddled with PIS. Especially when she's host to a cosmic force way beyond Odin, and the mere fact that Xavier knocked out Thor with ease in a separate issue.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:28 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Glorificus
Emma.

She should win via godly telepathy too. That whole "looking into the mind of a god" crap that kept her from turning Thor into a vegetable was riddled with PIS. Especially when she's host to a cosmic force way beyond Odin, and the mere fact that Xavier knocked out Thor with ease in a separate issue.

She was trying to mind-control him while Xavier telepathically KOed Thor. While I get your point and agree with it, these 2 actions are somewhat different imo. Thor has traditionally fared well against mind-control anyways, so there's that.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:32 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
For a guy who's been able to freeze the very Abstract embodiment of Death(it was point of contention for more than three comic book issues), turning a high-trans/low-skyfather(depending on where one puts Bor) character into a snowflake is hardly a high feat imo.
Edit:

Based on what? A statement? Hardly conclusive, when beings far more powerful than Bor have failed to put down Thor for the count on-panel. And they used more than one-shots.

I didn't say it was his highest feat ever now, did I? It's a high feat for Loki as Loki doesn't go around turning trans/skyfathers (let alone higher than that) into snow conventionally.

Based on the statement, writer intent, and the very clear distinction in power from Thor and Odin Force Thor. Sure, Thor has crazy high end feats where he's taken punishment beyond the likes of Bor and has survived and even stayed conscious. Doesn't detract from what the comic and JMS is clearly trying to tell us.

If were doing that, we may as well render Emma's win over him as inconsequential, due to Thor having endured greater punishment than Emma and stayed conscious. That would be stupid and unfair to both characters, imo.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:38 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Again, this is all physical assaults, which meant nothing to P5 Emma. And if you want to talk about untapped power, I'd go with hosting 1/5 of the universal/multiversal embodiment of psionic energy over anything Bor could marshal.

P5 Emma wins.

Emma still has to do shit on panel with said power instead of merely being attributed to what she should or could do on panel.

On panel, Bor would have killed the same Thor that was fighting her and would have won if not for her regeneration.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:41 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Glorificus
Emma.

How is it PIS when Thor has more than a few instances of resisting telepathy outside of AvX?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 12:42 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

I didn't say it was his highest feat ever now, did I? It's a high feat for Loki as Loki doesn't go around turning trans/skyfathers (let alone higher than that) into snow conventionally.

The point is that if Loki could achieve it, and if Emma does use her powers intelligently, then its absolutely within the realm of possibility.

Based on the statement, writer intent, and the very clear distinction in power from Thor and Odin Force Thor. Sure, Thor has crazy high end feats where he's taken punishment beyond the likes of Bor and has survived and even stayed conscious. Doesn't detract from what the comic and JMS is clearly trying to tell us.

If were doing that, we may as well render Emma's win over him as inconsequential, due to Thor having endured greater punishment than Emma and stayed conscious. That would be stupid and unfair to both characters, imo.

It appears you're confused what my issue was with that snippet from your post. Your claim that he could have one-shot killed Thor based on mere statements clearly didn't sit well with me and I gave my reasoning as to why I disagreed. I am not disputing whether he could kill OF-less Thor or not, I am disputing the fact that he could do it in a one-shot, which is a fairly large claim to make based on only statements. I am sure that you understand my position since you held a similar stance when someone claimed in another thread once that Superman Prime could one-shot kill Thor, and you took issue with it.

In lieu of Thor's low end feats during that same time period, I doubt one can disregard the Emma instance at all. The Phoenix Force has been considered more or less a peer to beings such as Galactus and Celestials anyways, so a being empowered by 1/5th of the entity being able to beat Thor isn't an outlandish idea too imo.
Emma still has to do shit on panel with said power instead of merely being attributed to what she should or could do on panel.

Is it just me or did you miss the part where Zop was referring to that particular comparison as untapped power?

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 01:00 AM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

How is it PIS when Thor has more than a few instances of resisting telepathy outside of AvX?

While Thor's feats of resisting mind-control clearly make such a scenario plausible, I can understand the other side of the story as well, since Emma has historically been considered a telepathic peer to the likes of Xavier and Jean.

Normal Emma being unable to affect Thor is understandable, but I can see why 1/5th of Phoenix Force amped Emma being unable to do the same(to Rulk as well) would rile up X-fans enough for them to dismiss it as PIS.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 01:05 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

The point is that if Loki could achieve it, and if Emma does use her powers intelligently, then its absolutely within the realm of possibility.

It appears you're confused what my issue was with that snippet from your post. Your claim that he could have one-shot killed Thor based on mere statements clearly didn't sit well with me and I gave my reasoning as to why I disagreed. I am not disputing whether he could kill OF-less Thor or not, I am disputing the fact that he could do it in a one-shot, which is a fairly large claim to make based on only statements. I am sure that you understand my position since you held a similar stance when someone claimed in another thread once that Superman Prime could one-shot kill Thor, and you took issue with it.

In lieu of Thor's low end feats during that same time period, I doubt one can disregard the Emma instance at all. The Phoenix Force has been considered more or less a peer to beings such as Galactus and Celestials anyways, so a being empowered by 1/5th of the entity being able to beat Thor isn't an outlandish idea too imo.

Is it just me or did you miss the part where Zop was referring to that particular comparison as untapped power?

Based on what? Loki only did so to Bor because he had prep and got the jump on him. What did Emma do to give you the idea she could replicate such a feat in the midst of combat?

It's not based off of mere statements, but rather how JMS presented Odin Force Thor in comparison to regular Thor. The Destroyer Armor, which has actually killed Thor on panel, merely gave OF Thor burns when it used its same attack. Bor pushed OF Thor even more than that. Ergo, statement or not, it's definitely not a baseless one or one made without any sort of backing.

And yet, Thor's endured greater punishment than from someone possessed by 1/5 of the PF entity. By all rights, based on feats alone instead of using things such as character comparison, writer intent, statements, and comics as a whole instead of just feats, Thor enduring a "merciless" barrage of Celestials should ensure that he should laugh at everything thrown his way under that level. But that would be stupid as shit to do.

It's speculation at best, though, which is fine to do, but really that's all it is.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 01:13 AM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

While Thor's feats of resisting mind-control clearly make such a scenario plausible, I can understand the other side of the story as well, since Emma has historically been considered a telepathic peer to the likes of Xavier and Jean.

Normal Emma being unable to affect Thor is understandable, but I can see why 1/5th of Phoenix Force amped Emma being unable to do the same(to Rulk as well) would rile up X-fans enough for them to dismiss it as PIS.

I can see why they'd be mad and decry it as PIS if they weren't aware of or ignored Thor's history of dealing with telepathy and mental based attacks/intrusions.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2012 01:14 AM