KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » If Superman joined the Avengers...

If Superman joined the Avengers...
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

If Superman joined the Avengers...

Who would be MVP? Thor or Superman? Who is more valuable to the Avengers, that is?

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:10 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yaadaveyaa

which avengers there r several

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:18 PM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Well judging from Superman's stories in DC(assuming they count) then I'd say he would be MVP. Having said that Superman would work better out of the avengers IMO.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Last edited by Zack Fair on May 7th, 2013 at 09:24 PM

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:21 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Tough one.

Are we assuming Superman instantly has the same presence in Marvel that he does in DC? For example, Superman in DC is renowned throughout space/time, and stands as the moral compass of DC Earth. In Marvel, Steve Rogers obviously comes closest to replicating that character persona, which IMO would lessen one of Superman's most valuable attributes.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:22 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Superman. He only has one home world

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:28 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

MVP would still be Hulk/Banner. That's not going to change.

Though it might result in Thor getting KOed less often!

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post May 7th, 2013 09:33 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

What comes with Superman, just him or a transplanted history

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post May 7th, 2013 10:09 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Depends on whether or not Superman's history comes with him and what you mean by "most valuable". Traditionally, the Big Three have always been the most valuable assets of the team: Steve as the leader/tactician/moral compass (pretty much every Avenger said that the team would have eventually collapsed if hey hadn't found him in the ice), Tony as the brains/financial backer/spokesperson, and Thor as the powerhouse.

So really, it depends on when Superman joins the Avengers and whether or not his history comes with him or if we're to assume he has a completely revamped Marvel history.

Old Post May 8th, 2013 12:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Depends on which Avengers team. If its the one with Hulk on it, Superman will NOT be the MVP...I honestly couldn't see writers consistently putting him over Thor either.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post May 8th, 2013 01:23 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

If Superman isn't the most regular MVP in a team, then Superman isn't being written properly.

It's almost a part of the character at this point.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 8th, 2013 01:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Depends if he keeps his weakness n morals. If sups go a lil dark he becomes the best avenger

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:17 AM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Not if they make him job like Thor.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Re: If Superman joined the Avengers...

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Who would be MVP? Thor or Superman? Who is more valuable to the Avengers, that is?
no question Superman.

Superman has the intelligence to back up all that power.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:25 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by -Pr-
If Superman isn't the most regular MVP in a team, then Superman isn't being written properly.

It's almost a part of the character at this point.

It's easy to be the MVP of a team when your universe doesn't have a Hulk. It's like he's playing in the WNBA. evil face

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:27 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's easy to be the MVP of a team when your universe doesn't have a Hulk. It's like he's playing in the WNBA. evil face

Preach it. Happy Dance

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:32 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by carver9
Preach it. Happy Dance

Don't disturb my bait, I'm trying to catch a Pr! mad

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:33 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Don't disturb my bait, I'm trying to catch a Pr! mad

Lol...not going to work. Now if I/aka Carver9 would have posted that...

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:36 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Isn't Wolverine on the Avengers right now?

How could Superman ever be MVP with Wolverine, Thor, Cap, and Wonder Man on the team? Don't even get me started on the other team.

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:37 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Isn't Wolverine on the Avengers right now?

How could Superman ever be MVP with Wolverine, Thor, Cap, and Wonder Man on the team? Don't even get me started on the other team.

Superman isn't good enough for the big leagues in Marvel, he would be one one of the unheard of teams from the 50 state initiative.

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:40 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Superman would be the muscle of the Runaways IMO

Old Post May 8th, 2013 03:43 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote