KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Jim Hammond vs. Aquaman

Jim Hammond vs. Aquaman
Started by: JakeTheBank

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Jim Hammond vs. Aquaman

Jim Hammond

vs.

Aquaman

Fight takes places in Hawaii, can progress from there.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 04:49 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

I think Jim holds an advantage due to flight. Is this DCnU Aquaman?

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post May 13th, 2013 05:54 AM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Yes.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 05:59 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know very little about Hammond, tbh.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 13th, 2013 06:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Bullets leave superficial wounds on him. I question his level of durability. Im wondering just how much of hammond's flame Aquaman can take. I'm assuming he can be dehydrated.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post May 13th, 2013 04:29 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

This is a lot closer than people realize.

Hammond should be immune to TP (being an android and all) and his flames are no joke.

But...........AM is pretty fast and if he lands one good hit with that Trident....

Split 50/50.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 05:51 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by namorsubby
Bullets leave superficial wounds on him. I question his level of durability. Im wondering just how much of hammond's flame Aquaman can take. I'm assuming he can be dehydrated.

His durability against temperatures and blunt trauma is fine. He's had a lava vent explode on him and only suffered minor burns.

He might be able to be dehydrated eventually, but it won't be quickly.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 13th, 2013 05:58 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Taking AM.
I like Zop's trident point (no pun intended).
One solid hit from that could end things fairly quick. I'm betting AM's durability can withstand initial attacks from Hammond.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 06:28 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

I think Aquaman has the greater potential to end the fight with a solid blow with his weapon, but Jim's got the mobility and range.

I think it would be a great fight, considering all the scuffles Jim's given Namor over the years.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 06:44 PM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I think Aquaman has the greater potential to end the fight with a solid blow with his weapon, but Jim's got the mobility and range.

I think it would be a great fight, considering all the scuffles Jim's given Namor over the years.

The fight setting is also to AM's advantage me thinks. He's only a stone's throw away from bodies of water...

Old Post May 13th, 2013 06:56 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Hammonds flame is pretty strong. I doubt with aquaman level of durability can withstand much of it. Just being near him may start to have a dehydrating effect. Idk how powerful aquamans trident is but hell have to hit him with it first. Hammonds flight makes it easier for him to evade and attack.

This is like jim vs namor. Except that namor flies, is stronger, and more durable.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:22 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by namorsubby
This is like jim vs namor. Except that namor flies, is stronger, and more durable.

No.

AM would school Namor. And that Trident drew blood/blinded Darkseid, if he lands a clean hit, the fight's over.

But like you said, Hammond's flame is nothing to sneeze at.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:25 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
namorsubby

Dcnu aquaman gets hurt by bullets. Namor would knock him flat out.

I didn't even know the trident was apart of this fight. I know for a fact he didn't use it all the time. He didn't use it in any of the new issues I've read. Either way hammonds flame has subdued many more durable characters. Like people that are completely bulletproof.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:34 PM
Lord Feron

hammond

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:34 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

DCnU Aquaman used the trident in plenty of issues of Justice League. And his skin being damaged by bullets doesn't equate into Namor being able to knocking him flat out with any sort of ease or anything. Wonder Woman's not bullet proof, and she'd handle Namor just fine. Anyone who can take punches from Superman and other top tier super strong beings should no sell bullets anyway, but that's comics for you.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:37 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
DCnU Aquaman used the trident in plenty of issues of Justice League. And his skin being damaged by bullets doesn't equate into Namor being able to knocking him flat out with any sort of ease or anything. Wonder Woman's not bullet proof, and she'd handle Namor just fine. Anyone who can take punches from Superman and other top tier super strong beings should no sell bullets anyway, but that's comics for you.

He almost always had the trident with him in the first 12 issues of Aquaman.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:39 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Zack Fair
He almost always had the trident with him in the first 12 issues of Aquaman.

I figured he did, but I haven't read much of his solo series outside of the first couple of issues. I'll probably get back issues of Aquaman and Wonder Woman here in a few weeks.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:40 PM
namorsubby

I read most of his new series. Idk if the trident can really be considered standard equipment.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:42 PM
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

And for the record, I do think that Namor would physically outperform Aquaman. But the margin between them has certainly seemed to close somewhat as far as that aspect goes.

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:43 PM
namorsubby

I think aquaman durability is questionable as compared to other high class metas. Not only that, but I think he is even more susceptible to being overwhelmed by Jims flame due to his water based physiology.

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post May 13th, 2013 07:49 PM