KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 10 times?

10 times?
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

10 times?

If Spider-man is ten times stronger then Captain America if would be plausible that his speed,agility,and refllexes are also ten timex better too. Opiniions?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:04 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

he's only ten times stronger?

attributes dont have to correlate like that.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:08 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

2000 being nice to Cap and Spider-Man 20,000

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:13 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Cap is class 4? Wow

Maybe, probably, no in that order

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 07:32 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Id say he's a class 1, maybe 2. SM when pushing can rise beyond 20

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 08:00 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

I thought spidey at peak was class 40 now Idk?

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 08:02 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Not how it works in comics.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 08:19 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

People call Ben class 100 from one panel with she hulk....

embarrasment

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 08:49 AM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Re: 10 times?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
If Spider-man is ten times stronger than Captain America, would it be plausible that his speed, agility and reflexes are also ten times better too? Opinions.
How would that work with, say, WBH? As others have said, it don't be workin' that way in comics.

Even in the real world it doesn't work that way. Google up 'fast twitch' and 'slow twitch' muscle fibers.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 01:09 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

Re: 10 times?

Originally posted by golem370
If Spider-man is ten times stronger then Captain America if would be plausible that his speed,agility,and refllexes are also ten timex better too. Opiniions?

This would mean that The Rock can beat Usain Bolt in a foot race. Strength doesn't scale like that, not even in comics.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 02:45 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

What is Spider-Man main physical stat?. I think it works imo between peak human and low superhuman. Pym if parker can lift atleast
10tons / 20,000lbs and Cap has maxed 1ton then SM is ten times stronger.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Last edited by golem370 on Jun 9th, 2013 at 04:46 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 04:40 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Spider-Man is stronger than Cap?

Haha, you poor naive son of a whore. You've got a lot to learn about Steve

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 04:55 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Why is spiderman that strong ? Peter parker was a weakling b4 his powers so ampn then even 10 times should not be that strong!!!

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 04:56 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Mindship
How would that work with, say, WBH? As others have said, it don't be workin' that way in comics.

Even in the real world it doesn't work that way. Google up 'fast twitch' and 'slow twitch' muscle fibers.

Fast-Twitch fibers have greater potential for speed and strength.

Obviously because both are components of power, and Fast-Twitch fibers are more geared towards optimal power.

Strength is a big component of speed (though of course there are others, such as body shape/limb length etc.). It is impossible to be fast without at least being strong for your weight. Square-Cube Law demonstrates that. The reason big animals are so slow is because they are weak proportionate to their weight.

Elephants take a lot longer to cross one body length than I do.

If an Elephant had my level of strength, it would be so weak that, forget the ability to run fast, it wouldn't even be able to support itself. It would collapse. On the other hand if I magically had the strength of an elephant in my 220 lb frame, I would by far be the fastest animal on land.

Because my weight would feel like a feather in comparison to my strength level.

Its actually quite basic. If you can move the same weight faster than another other guy, all other things being equal, then the particular muscle groups in use are stronger than that of the other guy's.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Jun 9th, 2013 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 05:06 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheDude666
Rip Guy222

Originally posted by Shabazz916
Why is spiderman that strong ? Peter parker was a weakling b4 his powers so ampn then even 10 times should not be that strong!!!
rogers before the serum would of gotten owned by petey before he got his powers haha

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 05:19 PM
TheDude666 is currently offline Click here to Send TheDude666 a Private Message Find more posts by TheDude666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

Originally posted by pym-ftw
People call Ben class 100 from one panel with she hulk....

embarrasment
Oh I wasn't disagreeing with you, I was talking about the OP. id agree Pete is class 40, i'm just affraid it might start a sh!tstorm.stick out tongue

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 05:43 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Square-Cube Law demonstrates that. The reason big animals are so slow is because they are weak proportionate to their weight.

Elephants take a lot longer to cross one body length than I do.

Not really. Th reason big animals are slow is because it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain sufficient strength t those kinds of weights. And not all big animals are slow anyways. A lion is much bigger than you are, but it would outdo you as far speed is concerned.

And Square-Cube law tells us that an ant, when scaled up to the size of an elephant would be MUCH weaker than the elephant, while the elephant, scaled down to the size of an ant, would be much stronger than the ant. Notwithstanding the ant's ability to lift 50 times its own weight at its natural sizes.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:01 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Not really. Th reason big animals are slow is because it becomes increasingly difficult to maintain sufficient strength t those kinds of weights. And not all big animals are slow anyways. A lion is much bigger than you are, but it would outdo you as far speed is concerned.

And Square-Cube law tells us that an ant, when scaled up to the size of an elephant would be MUCH weaker than the elephant, while the elephant, scaled down to the size of an ant, would be much stronger than the ant. Notwithstanding the ant's ability to lift 50 times its own weight at its natural sizes.

There is no contradiction here.

An elephant is slow relative to its size because despite its absolute strength being immense, its relative strength is very weak.

An ant is very fast relative to its size because relative to its weight its strength is very good.

I'm not talking about the facet of scaling within the square-cube law, though you are correct here (muscular strength only grows by the square of the scaling factor and weight by the cube of the scaling factor--hence an animal that's twice as big as another animal within its species will be ~8 times heavier yet only ~4 times stronger, which means its only half as strong lb for lb) simply what it says about strength and weight relations and the impact on biomechanics.

A Lion weighs twice as much as me, and yet is immensely stronger than that multiplier. That, combined with the fact that it is a quadruped, accounts for why it is so much faster than me. Even if you took a relative that's the same weight as me, such as a mountain lion, it would still be far faster as its still so much stronger than me, on top of being a quadruped.

A Lion is very strong for its size. Hence part of the reason why its fast. As is a Horse. As is a bull. As is a Marlin. etc.

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:12 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shabazz916

Originally posted by LeonBuco666
rogers before the serum would of gotten owned by petey before he got his powers haha

Idk both were weak n just because you are weak doesnt mean you cnt fight

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:16 PM
Shabazz916 is currently offline Click here to Send Shabazz916 a Private Message Find more posts by Shabazz916 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

It doesn't scale that way.
IMO
Spidey is about 10-15 times stronger than Cap.
Spidey is about 4-8 times faster than Cap in movement speed.
His reflexes is infinitely faster (since he can react the moment or slightly before the moment something happens due to his Spider Sense).

Agility is unquantifiable. But clearly spidey has better agility. He's one of the most agile characters in comics.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jun 9th, 2013 06:27 PM
h1a8 is online now! Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote