KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCnU Constantine vs Loki

DCnU Constantine vs Loki
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

DCnU Constantine vs Loki

1. Straight up fight.
2. Prep fight. 1 whole day of prep.
3. Bonus round: John W/ The Books of Magic Vs Loki W/Norn stones.

(please log in to view the image)

vs

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 01:19 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Loki should destroy him in Scenarios 1 and 2.

Don't know enough about the Books of Magic to say who wins 3.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 01:57 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

I think Loki will take the first, but I'm pretty sure that Constantine stomps Loki into oblivion in 2 and 3.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 02:32 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Loki should destroy him in Scenarios 1 and 2.

Don't know enough about the Books of Magic to say who wins 3.

You should start catching up with Justice League Dark.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 02:44 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

When we were originally told about the DCnU Books of Magic, they were stated to make the person who opened them nigh-omnipotent...

"Some believe they contain all mystical knowledge... Others believe they are actually the source... Living tomes that generate magic itself. Each book represents one of the opposing forces of reality--life and death crossed with chaos and order. Alone they are extremely powerful, but bringing them together would mean understanding, well... Everything.":
http://imgur.com/GCzZVXe

The prospect of this alleged 'ultimate magical knowledge' is why Nick Necro was searching for them in the first place:
http://imgur.com/erHCbKz

However, all of that speechification ended up being a ruse. The Books of 'Magic' weren't really magic at all-- they were science:
http://imgur.com/D4kUfpt

All they did was teleport he who opened them to a magic-enriched planet called 'Epoch':
http://imgur.com/MTYLv8j
http://imgur.com/hyVwI53
http://imgur.com/1ILuUVI
http://imgur.com/c7X3TA4
http://imgur.com/owCPhiF

So yeah, they wouldn't really help John at all here. In fact, opening them would actually just equate to a self-BFR and automatic loss. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 19th, 2014 at 03:03 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 02:55 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
When we were originally told about the DCnU Books of Magic, they were stated to make the person who opened them nigh-omnipotent...

"Some believe they contain all mystical knowledge... Others believe they are actually the source... Living tomes that generate magic itself. Each book represents one of the opposing forces of reality--life and death crossed with chaos and order. Alone they are extremely powerful, but bringing them together would mean understanding, well... Everything.":
http://imgur.com/GCzZVXe

The prospect of this alleged 'ultimate magical knowledge' is why Nick Necro was searching for them in the first place:
http://imgur.com/erHCbKz

However, all of that speechification ended up being a ruse. The Books of 'Magic' weren't really magic at all-- they were science:
http://imgur.com/D4kUfpt

All they did was teleport he who opened them to a magic-enriched planet called 'Epoch':
http://imgur.com/MTYLv8j
http://imgur.com/hyVwI53
http://imgur.com/1ILuUVI
http://imgur.com/c7X3TA4
http://imgur.com/owCPhiF

So yeah, they wouldn't really help John at all here. In fact, opening them would actually just equate to a self-BFR and automatic loss. /shrug

I forgot about the whole tech thing. How do you see the fight going?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 03:31 AM
Cogito

Apparently Constantine feels he can beat the Spectre in a prep-less environment while only losing "one or two limbs". If that's the case, he should probably be able to beat Loki under the same conditions. Some of the shit he's been doing is crazy, but Loki has a much larger volume of impressive feats to draw from.

A prepped environment is tough to call. Most of what John's done so far is actually on the fly.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 03:36 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Loki probably takes the first(due to sheer number of feats), John takes the second, and given that the Books of Magic don't really do anything, Loki takes the third.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 03:37 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

1 - Loki.

2 - John is very cunning and has access to potent magical artifacts that can be manipulated on the fly based on the scans Galan has posted (Thanks for that btw). However, Loki has always been cunning as f*ck and access to powerful or "ultimate" sources of power isn't really a problem for an Asgardian God. Modern Loki, particularly under Gillen, is sneaky as hell. Remember that Siege one-shot? John actually reminds me a lot of Kid Loki.

3 - Loki.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 04:48 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Galan007
Loki probably takes the first(due to sheer number of feats), John takes the second, and given that the Books of Magic don't really do anything, Loki takes the third.
agreed but John's feats have been impressive from where I left off. He's in a whole different league as far as his ability to enter a stand up fight with upper tier characters.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 06:32 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Is John just human?

Is Loki fast and strong?

So dont Loki just k.o him right off the bat?
I think Loki is half of Thor strength or a little less than half, but im just saying, one hit and I dont think John is ever waking up

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 06:36 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Supermex
Is John just human?

Is Loki fast and strong?

So dont Loki just k.o him right off the bat?
I think Loki is half of Thor strength or a little less than half, but im just saying, one hit and I dont think John is ever waking up
not that much faster besides in his dealings with higher level magic beings there have been those none too shabby in the speed department. Furthermore asgardians generally aren't blindingly fast to the average person and you assume that Constantine can't magic defend himself from such tactics. Even the combat weaker vertigo version had sigils and spells for just such purposes as dealing opponents.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 06:39 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by Uriel005
not that much faster besides in hassumelings with higher level magic beings there have been those none too shabby in the speed department. Furthermore asgardians generally aren't blindingly fast to the average person and you assume that Constantine can't magic defend himself from such tactics. Even the combat weaker vertigo version had sigils and spells for just such purposes as dealing opponents.

So in this fight Loki and John will never be able to touch eachother?
The fight will be just spell vs spell?
Cus once Loki puts his hands on him and hits him once or twice its night night for John i assume

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 06:55 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Loki, all three.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 07:01 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Supermex
So in this fight Loki and John will never be able to touch eachother?
The fight will be just spell vs spell?
Cus once Loki puts his hands on him and hits him once or twice its night night for John i assume
Honestly you couldnt say how John would do hand to hand in his current incarnation. Just doesn't have the feats but with his current showings I haven't seen anything that says he would get tooled in a fist fight. Historically speaking hes generally pretty handy in a melee and he usually has that backed up with defensive wards and sigils/something to give him the edge. His current incarnation however has power in spades whether this will mean his hand to hand abilities are down the drain or if it means he can self amp to laughable degrees is up in the air at the moment. So to say one way or another we'd have to go with prior incarnation showings.

But if you want to call it a loss on his part simply because he doesn't have the feats I'd be alright with that too.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 07:32 AM
Mindset

I like John he's one of my favorite characters, since he's the DC Doom, but if you think Loki doesn't kick his ass in hth, you don't know what you're talking about.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 07:35 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by Mindset
I like John he's one of my favorite characters, since he's the DC Doom, but if you think Loki doesn't kick his ass in hth, you don't know what you're talking about.
classic john would lose in a fist fight sure. But all I'm saying is the current doesn't have the feats one way or the other. For instance if he were capable of doing something like Odin amping only to his power scale I'd say he takes loki hand to hand pretty convincingly with his powers showings. I only say this because hes never shown an aversion towards using magic to give himself an edge in Vertigo and if he does the same here where his power seems to be multiplied to the nth degree I think he'd take it but as I said if you want to call it his loss because of no showings and lack of feats I'm fine with it. Just posting some food for thought.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 07:40 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

classic john would lose in a fist fight sure. But all I'm saying is the current doesn't have the feats one way or the other. For instance if he were capable of doing something like Odin amping only to his power scale I'd say he takes loki hand to hand pretty convincingly with his powers showings.

That is one HELL of an assumption to make based on mostly wishful thinking.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 07:42 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Honestly you couldnt say how John would do hand to hand in his current incarnation. Just doesn't have the feats but with his current showings I haven't seen anything that says he would get tooled in a fist fight. Historically speaking hes generally pretty handy in a melee and he usually has that backed up with defensive wards and sigils/something to give him the edge. His current incarnation however has power in spades whether this will mean his hand to hand abilities are down the drain or if it means he can self amp to laughable degrees is up in the air at the moment. So to say one way or another we'd have to go with prior incarnation showings.

But if you want to call it a loss on his part simply because he doesn't have the feats I'd be alright with that too.

Kool Uriel, but yea im just saying..
Gettin hit in the jaw by a guy (Loki) who knows magic, but also is 25 or 50 ton strong is not a going to end nice if John is a human.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 07:50 AM
Uriel005

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That is one HELL of an assumption to make based on mostly wishful thinking.
Not saying that he can. I'm just saying that there isn't anything really substantial about his hand to hand one way or the other. All I mean by it is that historically his character isnt above using magic to amp his close in game and that he's much stronger now. To say he would guarantee lose means that you would know one way or another how good he is in a close in fight which you cant and I cant either so debating it is kind of moot hence why I said calling it one way or another is fine by me.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2014 08:13 AM