KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Vulcan vs. Dr. Strange

Vulcan vs. Dr. Strange
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Vulcan vs. Dr. Strange

Who wins?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 02:08 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

In a direct confrontation, Vulcan.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 05:10 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

vulcan a la Warlock

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:20 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Warlord
vulcan a la Warlock

Strange is NOT equivalent to this weaksauce incarnation of Warlock.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:32 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Vulcan wins and I think he brought up Warlock because it shows Vulcan can manipulate and control magical energy as well. Strange is screwed.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:34 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by carver9
I think he brought up Warlock because it shows Vulcan can manipulate and control magical energy as well.

That was obvious. My point was that mage Warlock lacked any decent showings against this type of manipulation, whereas Strange, at least Classic, was not such a noob. It's a valid showing for those backing Vulcan here, but is far from an insta-win.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:38 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Digi
Strange is NOT equivalent to this weaksauce incarnation of Warlock.

doesn't really matter. it seemed apparent to me that all it had to do with energy and he seemed to manipulate magic effortlessly. Strange would only mean more magic for him to manipulate. Oh and by the way I hate Vulcan

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:42 PM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Vulcan was pretty badass against Warlock and Boltagon.
Too bad he died.

Bankai.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:48 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

doesn't really matter. it seemed apparent to me that all it had to do with energy and he seemed to manipulate magic effortlessly. Strange would only mean more magic for him to manipulate. Oh and by the way I hate Vulcan

thumb up

Don't think this is a fight Strange can win. By the way, Vulcan is an amazing character.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:49 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

I disagree with the character but in a vs environment it's pretty obvious to me that he is having an edge against any energy based oponent (sorcerers, GLs, elementals etc)

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 06:51 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Not all magic is equivalent. Strange draws from multiple pantheons and dimensions. And it's debatable whether or not Warlock's "quantum magic" was indeed the same type of magic Strange uses. It was so vaguely described that it might have just been more traditional atomic energy manipulation.

We're not going to get anywhere in a "yes/no" debate here. My only point is that it's laughable to dismiss Strange entirely based on the Warlock showing.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:41 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

the rational is for me that Vulcan hasn't found a type of energy that couldn't manipulate. if Strange manages to properly complete a spell then he can win by the byproduct of this spell, however I can just see Vulcan manipulating/draining/redirecting Strange's energy before the spell is complete

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:57 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

the rational is for me that Vulcan hasn't found a type of energy that couldn't manipulate. if Strange manages to properly complete a spell then he can win by the byproduct of this spell, however I can just see Vulcan manipulating/draining/redirecting Strange's energy before the spell is complete

Thinking too linearly. What happens if Strange decides to take the battle to the astral plane, or something even less exotic like going intangible? It's not just blast vs. manipulation.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 07:59 PM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Originally posted by Digi
Thinking too linearly. What happens if Strange decides to take the battle to the astral plane, or something even less exotic like going intangible? It's not just blast vs. manipulation.
could be... thing is I can't predict what can Vulcan do ith manipualting magic. Mess with the spells maybe? or maybe nothing at all?
In any case, I agree that Strange shouldn't be writen off here since magic is probably the most unpredictable type of energy in comics I guess.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:02 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

could be... thing is I can't predict what can Vulcan do ith manipualting magic. Mess with the spells maybe? or maybe nothing at all?
In any case, I agree that Strange shouldn't be writen off here since magic is probably the most unpredictable type of energy in comics I guess.

You're still too focused only on the manipulation. I just gave a couple possible avenues for a Strange victory that make Vulcan's manipulation impotent. There are undoubtedly others.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:13 PM
DarkSaint85

What would Vulcan do if Strange stops time???

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:21 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

thumb up this doesn't include the fact that he can control Strange energy from the inside out.

http://s209.photobucket.com/user/Re...%204/5.jpg.html

Vulcan power set gives him the ability to beat d*** near anybody.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:30 PM
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
What would Vulcan do if Strange stops time???

Provide those Battle fts.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:31 PM
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Strange goes full Zom and wins via face shattering punch.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:45 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by carver9
Provide those Battle fts.

Go learn about Steve.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2014 08:48 PM