KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCNU JLA VS The Annihilators

DCNU JLA VS The Annihilators
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

DCNU JLA VS The Annihilators

DCNU JLA

1.Superman
2.Captain Marvel
3.Green Lantern
4.Wonder Woman
5.Martian Manhunter
6.Orion

The Annihilators

1.Gladiator
2.Silver Surfer
3.Quasar
4.Beta Ray Bill
5.Ronan The Accuser
6.Nova

DECIDE!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:10 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Silver Surfer solos for sure...
Few other Annihilators might be able to solo as well...

Edit: Okay, I'll be generous to prevent a DC fanboy tantrum! Silver Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill are more than enough to absolutely murder-stomp the opponents.

Everyone except Quasar (not sure about him) has destroyed a planet or few, while not holding back and has engaged in fights against characters far more powerful and established than anyone on DCNU JLA.

Last edited by Enzeru on Aug 5th, 2014 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:39 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Re: DCNU JLA VS The Annihilators

1.Superman vs Silver Surfer, Superman 5-6/10
2.Captain Marvel vs Gladiator, 5/10
3.Green Lantern vs Quasar, Hal 6/10
4.Wonder Woman vs Beta Ray Bill, WW 6-7/10
5.Martian Manhunter vs Nova, MM 8-9/10
6.Orion vs Ronan, Orion 7-8/10

Obviously the two most powerful would go at each other and given the treatment Superman gave DD, well I see him winning more often than not. If it is current Superman who is Superdoom, he might even solo.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 01:50 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Re: Re: DCNU JLA VS The Annihilators

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
1.Superman vs Silver Surfer, Superman 5-6/10
3.Green Lantern vs Quasar, Hal 6/10
5.Martian Manhunter vs Nova, MM 8-9/10
6.Orion vs Ronan, Orion 7-8/10

Obviously the two most powerful would go at each other and given the treatment Superman gave DD, well I see him winning more often than not. If it is current Superman who is Superdoom, he might even solo.

Nova > MM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:04 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

silver surfer > superman

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:06 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Re: Re: DCNU JLA VS The Annihilators

Explain something to me please and let's take Superman instead of Gladiator as an example:

What in your opinion could Superman do to Gladiator, who has vastly superior feats? (And you even have the inferior Captain Marvel stalemating Gladiator)
Let's compare their feats for example...

We have Gladiator, who destroyed a planet simply by punching it:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...system051ws.jpg

Gladiator flew through a star, so I doubt that New DCNU Supermans Heat Vision will bother him that much:

Hell, he has even absorbed the energy of an explosion that could have wiped out half of the solar system:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...star_strike.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...d_100_x_ftl.jpg

Now imagine Gladiator standing in front of Superman and they're trading punches... Gladiator has feats, where he destroyed a planet and Superman can topple mountains with his strikes, which has been confirmed by the narration and Superman himself over and over again.

Gladiator has faced much, much more established people, who also had comically insane striking feats and Gladiator fought through their damage. He has nano-second reaction speed, so Superman isn't even going to out-speed him.

Not even magic is that big of a factor against Gladiator, because it affects him just the way it affects Superman: It doesn't... It's just a type of damage he doesn't have any special invulnerabilities against.

And you can't even make the argument that Gladiator might lose confidence and end up being much weaker than his opponents, because it simply doesn't work that way.
Gladiator only loses confidence when something strange happens.
In fights against equal opponents he never struggles and in the end of the day it's even something that he learned to conquer over the years, just like it's supposed to be for his warrior race.

So what can Superman / Captain Marvel / Wonder Woman do to someone like Gladiator, who has much, much, much better feats?

Same as above.
What did Wonder Woman do that puts her on the level of theoretically Thor's equal? Hell, Beta Ray Bill has even won some of their encounters. The first one even without having Stormbreaker and with Stormbreaker he is capable of destroying planets as well:
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/...brb_strike1.jpg

It feels like many DC fans are massivly, massivly overrating the capabilities of the DCNU characters.

It's like an Invincible fan coming alone and creating a fight between Invincible and DCNU Superman.
Invincible would lose. He might be strong in his universe, but the standards in his universe are just much lower. The characters have lower strength and durability levels.

There is absolutely nothing DCNU Wonder Woman can do against someone like Beta Ray Bill.
Feel free to come up with her greatest feats and I will offer you feats of Beta Ray Bill that easily counter what DCNU Wonder Woman has done.

And this is ultimately what this is all about... Again, Superman vs Gladiator / Thor / Hulk / anyone...

Superman's damage output AT HIS BEST is not high enough to surpass the durability levels of Gladiator / Thor / Hulk AT THEIR BEST, while at the same time the damage output of Gladiator / Thor / Hulk AT THEIR BEST is much higher than Superman's durability AT ITS BEST! And I'm strictly talking about feats right now and not wishful thinking or implications.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 02:22 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

1.Superman vs Nova
2.Captain Marvel vs Quasar
3.Green Lantern vs Ronan
4.Wonder Woman vs Surfer
5.Martian Manhunter vs BRB
6.Orion vs Gladiator

Only IF, and IF, the matchups are this way, do DC win.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 03:08 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Annihilators, easily.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 03:11 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by quanchi112
Annihilators, easily.

LIES!

Explain, "Easily", Thanosi.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 09:19 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
1.Superman vs Nova
2.Captain Marvel vs Quasar
3.Green Lantern vs Ronan
4.Wonder Woman vs Surfer
5.Martian Manhunter vs BRB
6.Orion vs Gladiator

Only IF, and IF, the matchups are this way, do DC win.

This is DANGEROUSLY close to being a lie!

Damnit, I will make the hard choice.

LIES!

Old Post Aug 5th, 2014 09:22 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

JLA win. More top tiers than in Annihilators and better team strategy.
Originally posted by Enzeru
Silver Surfer solos for sure...
Few other Annihilators might be able to solo as well...

Edit: Okay, I'll be generous to prevent a DC fanboy tantrum! Silver Surfer, Quasar, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill are more than enough to absolutely murder-stomp the opponents.

Everyone except Quasar (not sure about him) has destroyed a planet or few, while not holding back and has engaged in fights against characters far more powerful and established than anyone on DCNU JLA.
Originally posted by Enzeru
Explain something to me please and let's take Superman instead of Gladiator as an example:

What in your opinion could Superman do to Gladiator, who has vastly superior feats? (And you even have the inferior Captain Marvel stalemating Gladiator)
Let's compare their feats for example...

We have Gladiator, who destroyed a planet simply by punching it:

Gladiator flew through a star, so I doubt that New DCNU Supermans Heat Vision will bother him that much:

Hell, he has even absorbed the energy of an explosion that could have wiped out half of the solar system:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...star_strike.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...d_100_x_ftl.jpg

Now imagine Gladiator standing in front of Superman and they're trading punches... Gladiator has feats, where he destroyed a planet and Superman can topple mountains with his strikes, which has been confirmed by the narration and Superman himself over and over again.

Gladiator has faced much, much more established people, who also had comically insane striking feats and Gladiator fought through their damage. He has nano-second reaction speed, so Superman isn't even going to out-speed him.

Not even magic is that big of a factor against Gladiator, because it affects him just the way it affects Superman: It doesn't... It's just a type of damage he doesn't have any special invulnerabilities against.

And you can't even make the argument that Gladiator might lose confidence and end up being much weaker than his opponents, because it simply doesn't work that way.
Gladiator only loses confidence when something strange happens.
In fights against equal opponents he never struggles and in the end of the day it's even something that he learned to conquer over the years, just like it's supposed to be for his warrior race.

So what can Superman / Captain Marvel / Wonder Woman do to someone like Gladiator, who has much, much, much better feats?

Same as above.
What did Wonder Woman do that puts her on the level of theoretically Thor's equal? Hell, Beta Ray Bill has even won some of their encounters. The first one even without having Stormbreaker and with Stormbreaker he is capable of destroying planets as well:
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/...brb_strike1.jpg

It feels like many DC fans are massivly, massivly overrating the capabilities of the DCNU characters.

It's like an Invincible fan coming alone and creating a fight between Invincible and DCNU Superman.
Invincible would lose. He might be strong in his universe, but the standards in his universe are just much lower. The characters have lower strength and durability levels.

There is absolutely nothing DCNU Wonder Woman can do against someone like Beta Ray Bill.
Feel free to come up with her greatest feats and I will offer you feats of Beta Ray Bill that easily counter what DCNU Wonder Woman has done.

And this is ultimately what this is all about... Again, Superman vs Gladiator / Thor / Hulk / anyone...

Superman's damage output AT HIS BEST is not high enough to surpass the durability levels of Gladiator / Thor / Hulk AT THEIR BEST, while at the same time the damage output of Gladiator / Thor / Hulk AT THEIR BEST is much higher than Superman's durability AT ITS BEST! And I'm strictly talking about feats right now and not wishful thinking or implications.

Lord Mar-Vell ****stomped Annihilators and he never destroyed even a city. And yeah, Omni-Man fought Supreme to a double KO and got up earlier than him, so I would say Invincible verse top tiers are comparable to DC/Marvel top tiers. Even though they have never destroyed any planets.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 06:02 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

They destroyed Viltrum....

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 07:06 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

I'm still waiting for your response, McAbe.

You know that I've invested time to answer your questions on my opinions in detail and now I'm expecting you to do the same for me.
Take your time, if you're busy right now, but I want you to come back to the topic and explain to me what the DCNU characters have done that justifies them taking even a single win in 10 fights against the much more established, versatile and overall powerful Annihilators.

We for sure don't want to leave this thread the way it is now with DC fanboyism and ignorance ruining a potentially good debate, right?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 08:35 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Quasar > Hal

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 08:59 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Just because I love the panels

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 09:50 AM
Enzeru

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Just because I love the panels

(please log in to view the image)

And I love all the panels prior to that page, which added a lot more context to that feat.

Don't post stuff like that, or you'll make some people here believe that Invincible characters can destroy planets just like that.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 10:27 AM
eaebiakuya

Lord-Marvell beat Magus who just destroyed some planets.

JLA dont win this.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 11:50 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Annihilators, but Surfer ain't soloing shit.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 11:57 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Surfer ain't soloing shit.

I was going to say that no one on either team is soloing earlier, but got lazy.

The JLA is apt to have better teamwork, though...

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 12:05 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
I was going to say that no one on either team is soloing earlier, but got lazy.

The JLA is apt to have better teamwork, though...

Considering Ikon, on her lonesome, pretty much soloed the field, does not speak much about their teamwork.

Note I didn'r say anything about their power levels.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2014 12:17 PM