KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Best home field advantage

Best home field advantage
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Best home field advantage

What character, hero or villain is at their best when they have it?
Not that they arent good without it, but when they do, they just have that extra edge to overcome.

Characters like Superman and Flash arent what i'm talking about. Aside from the "this is my city" factor, they're just as formidable where ever they are.
Spider-man's on the bubble. While he knows NYC best, any big city gives him what he needs to fight at his full potential.

Top of my head picks...

Batman. He knows every nook and cranny of Gotham, has the timing on everything from mass transit to when a red light is going to happen.

Daredevil. Same as Above, in Hell's Kitchen.

Dr. Doom in Latveria.

DarkSeid on Apokolips.

Ka-Zar in the Savage Land.

Man-Thing in the Everglades.

Silver Surfer in space, not planet side.

and so on...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
What character, hero or villain is at their best when they have it?
Not that they arent good without it, but when they do, they just have that extra edge to overcome.

Characters like Superman and Flash arent what i'm talking about. Aside from the "this is my city" factor, they're just as formidable where ever they are.
Spider-man's on the bubble. While he knows NYC best, any big city gives him what he needs to fight at his full potential.

Top of my head picks...

Batman. He knows every nook and cranny of Gotham, has the timing on everything from mass transit to when a red light is going to happen.

Daredevil. Same as Above, in Hell's Kitchen.

Dr. Doom in Latveria.

DarkSeid on Apokolips.

Ka-Zar in the Savage Land.

Man-Thing in the Everglades.

Silver Surfer in space, not planet side.

and so on...

Knowing a place is fine, but it's not going to let, say, Bruce or Matt fight out of their weight class, so to speak. It's more like a tiebreaker against an evenly matched opponent. I don't really consider those to be big advantages. Nor Surfer in space.

A couple of those are decent picks, because they have extra defenses built into their home. Darkseid has a planet of minions to call to battle. Doom has...stuff. Man-Thing or Swamp Thing in the right settings are also good choices.

But the couple that come to mind with organic advantages are Hydro and Sandman.

Another gigantic one is Black Panther. Forget knowing the forests outside of Wakanda; the defenses he has at his command change him from a low meta to probably able to match a low herald.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:21 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Punisher at night in nyc
Aquaman and namor in or near water

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:27 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Faceless808
Lurking since 2009

What about the obvious choices, marvel's hell lords?

Inspired by AlbertoJohnAvil with special thanks to Damborgson

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:29 AM
Faceless808 is currently offline Click here to Send Faceless808 a Private Message Find more posts by Faceless808 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Mephisto in his realm

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:33 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
Knowing a place is fine, but it's not going to let, say, Bruce or Matt fight out of their weight class, so to speak. It's more like a tiebreaker against an evenly matched opponent. I don't really consider those to be big advantages. Nor Surfer in space.

A couple of those are decent picks, because they have extra defenses built into their home. Darkseid has a planet of minions to call to battle. Doom has...stuff. Man-Thing or Swamp Thing in the right settings are also good choices.

But the couple that come to mind with organic advantages are Hydro and Sandman.

Another gigantic one is Black Panther. Forget knowing the forests outside of Wakanda; the defenses he has at his command change him from a low meta to probably able to match a low herald.

Good stuff, especially BP.

I do disagree on Batman and Gotham though. He once successfully hid from Superman when they first met, causing Supes to believe he was a meta. Bats just knew Gotham that well.
This was pre-latest-boot, but i believe its something that hasnt changed.

I disagree on Surfer, too. In Space his speed and maneuverability are at their best.

Still, this is shy i wanted different takes on this idea...!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:34 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Dr. Fate in his Tower/ Strange in the Sanctum.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:45 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Nice.
Reed Richards in his lab/FF HQ in the same vein, then...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:48 AM
DarkSaint85

The Elementals in the Green/Red.
Hell Lords in their dimensions.
Batman, especially Damian, in Gotham.
BP in Wakanda
Namor in water
Uncle Sam in the US?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 06:50 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Captain America in Nazi germany

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 07:04 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Pendaran in cbr.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 07:20 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuleecat

Jack Hawsmoor

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 08:04 AM
wuleecat is currently offline Click here to Send wuleecat a Private Message Find more posts by wuleecat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

Jack Hawksmoor

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 09:45 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Magik in limbo

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 11:02 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

WBH in the Dark Dimension.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 11:12 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Any GL fighting on Mogo. Ka-Zar in Savage Land, he even manage to beat Thanos there although it was retcon to be an avatar or something.

Last edited by Supermutant on Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:28 AM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 11:26 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Hawksmoor in any large city.

Wolverine in the jungle.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 11:35 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I always pictured Wolverine as more of a forest guy than jungle (not as good as Panther or Ka-Zar), but i would give him a nod in either case.

As to Hawksmoor, how effective is he when NOT in a city? Serious question.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 12:25 PM
DarkSaint85

Depends.

But here, Bendix is a normal human male.

(please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image)

And the fight goes on for 3 pages of this.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 12:34 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Darkseid on Apokolips, the whole Planet is at his command, all armies, all slaves, warriors, in the Crossover even the Planet faught at his whim.

Shazam in the Rock of Eternity, he did very well against Spectre.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Aug 29th, 2014 12:39 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote