KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who is the weakest magic user that can take out Superman

Who is the weakest magic user that can take out Superman
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Who is the weakest magic user that can take out Superman

No prep, no BFR.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 02:19 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Loki

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 02:31 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Dracula

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 02:36 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

The Shadow

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 03:07 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not a big turn out, but all interesting choices...

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 07:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Shadow wins easy. He has the pre cog to know Superman will attack him and when. He can then keep Cloud Minds to be invisible. He can then soul read to find his weaknesses. To beat Superman he just uses his effective hypno and tell Supes to give up.

Winning.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2014 09:25 PM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Hypnotise Superman? Not outside Bran's fanfic...

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 01:47 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Not sure I'd even class the Shadow as magic. There are plenty of instances of Superman resisting mental powers too.

During the Veitch Question mini series a very basic spiritualist had maneuvered souls in an Indian burial ground so that the building above could tap the "earth energy" and be used against Superman. his death was even foreseen. Now that classes as prep, but is shows that the level doesn't have to be great WITH prep.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 05:48 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I've seen Superman both resist and fall victim to hypnosis and mind control.
Considering mind clouding is Shadow's shtick, i can see it happening.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 09:24 AM
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Not sure if The Shadow is a magic user.

But, Superman:

- Can see his shadow (duh)
- Can hear his heartbeat.
- Can hear him as soon as he speaks the hypnotic commands.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 09:48 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thats, well, debatable. Superman's super because he tanks attacks, not avoids them for the most part.
Kooky or not, people have hidden from Superman, and sneak attacked him. Not just stealth guys either.
I think its safe to say, whether or not it worked, Shadow'd get a chance to try.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 09:58 AM
CatL18

Is Superman with high showing immune to even super-powerful magic by Hell Lords in tehir realm?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 11:22 AM
CatL18 is currently offline Click here to Send CatL18 a Private Message Find more posts by CatL18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I'm no expert, but if you find out let me know.

All i can say to that in regards to this thread is, thats kind of the point of my question.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 11:30 AM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CadenceV2
Shadow wins easy. He has the pre cog to know Superman will attack him and when. He can then keep Cloud Minds to be invisible. He can then soul read to find his weaknesses. To beat Superman he just uses his effective hypno and tell Supes to give up.

Winning.

Superman is too fast if this was a straight fight he would finish it immediately before the Shadow could do anything. Just a flick on the forehead and the Shadow would be KO.

Also, the Shadow's powers are a form of mysticism that are specified to work on a man's heart and soul. It can even bring people back to like if he commands them to.

The Shadow #1

http://i.imgur.com/cMiWVeo.jpg

Where the Shadow interrogates a thug he recently killed.

The Shadow #2

http://i.imgur.com/m5kbAi2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QIewwzL.jpg

Commanding a pilot who has been peppered with bullets to stay alive long enough to land the plane they're on.

The Shadow #3

http://i.imgur.com/Ol3Z5F2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/idP24D2.jpg

Commanding an assassin back to life after shooting him in the head.

Also, even the Shadow's precognition is stated to work by tracing a person's soul to the end of its path.

The Shadow #1

http://i.imgur.com/tzLnClP.jpg

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 02:26 PM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by Iskandar
Superman is too fast if this was a straight fight he would finish it immediately before the Shadow could do anything. Just a flick on the forehead and the Shadow would be KO.

Also, the Shadow's powers are a form of mysticism that are specified to work on a man's heart and soul. It can even bring people back to like if he commands them to.

The Shadow #1

http://i.imgur.com/cMiWVeo.jpg

Where the Shadow interrogates a thug he recently killed.

The Shadow #2

http://i.imgur.com/m5kbAi2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/QIewwzL.jpg

Commanding a pilot who has been peppered with bullets to stay alive long enough to land the plane they're on.

The Shadow #3

http://i.imgur.com/Ol3Z5F2.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/idP24D2.jpg

Commanding an assassin back to life after shooting him in the head.

Also, even the Shadow's precognition is stated to work by tracing a person's soul to the end of its path.

The Shadow #1

http://i.imgur.com/tzLnClP.jpg

I have those same scans on my respect thread on comicvine.

Shadow does no need super speed. Base on his powers he would likely know any attack by superman before this battle would even happen. His feats show this even though random things seem to happen, or random mysteries need to solve is all pure PIS when he has the feats of seeing years ahead events lol. If we go by his high end precog like showcased in the first few comics, he would already known any attack by Superman before battle.

Also I still see no reason why Shadow cannot hypno Supes easy when no one, not even soulless men in a annual were hypno by Shadows words. Nor can Superman ever detect shadow with cloud minds to attack shadow.

By feats the Shadow is very much meta unless you have specific immunty or resistance to mystic/magic/supernatural powers. Which Supes does not.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 03:33 PM
riv6672

Huh. Thats quite a resume'...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 03:56 PM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CadenceV2
I have those same scans on my respect thread on comicvine.

Shadow does no need super speed. Base on his powers he would likely know any attack by superman before this battle would even happen. His feats show this even though random things seem to happen, or random mysteries need to solve is all pure PIS when he has the feats of seeing years ahead events lol. If we go by his high end precog like showcased in the first few comics, he would already known any attack by Superman before battle.

If the Shadow had preparation and Superman was nowhere near him at the start of the fight sure. The opening post clarified no preparation but it didn't give a starting distance.

quote:
Also I still see no reason why Shadow cannot hypno Supes easy when no one, not even soulless men in a annual were hypno by Shadows words. Nor can Superman ever detect shadow with cloud minds to attack shadow.

Wait, are you talking about those possessed orphans in the 2012 annual or something else because I don't know what you're talking about.

They were possessed by some great evil after eating some weird plant. They were not soulless. The plant in question was the physical manifestation of some creature not of the solar system that was basically without a body so it possessed their bodies through the plants it made on earth.

quote:
By feats the Shadow is very much meta unless you have specific immunty or resistance to mystic/magic/supernatural powers. Which Supes does not.

New 52 Superman apparently has resistance against Hector Hammond's telepathy and possession abilities. Need someone to clarify that though.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 04:01 PM
Sharivan is currently offline Click here to Send Sharivan a Private Message Find more posts by Sharivan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by Iskandar
If the Shadow had preparation and Superman was nowhere near him at the start of the fight sure. The opening post clarified no preparation but it didn't give a starting distance.

Wait, are you talking about those possessed orphans in the 2012 annual or something else because I don't know what you're talking about.

They were possessed by some great evil after eating some weird plant. They were not soulless. The plant in question was the physical manifestation of some creature not of the solar system that was basically without a body so it possessed their bodies through the plants it made on earth.

New 52 Superman apparently has resistance against Hector Hammond's telepathy and possession abilities. Need someone to clarify that though.

I was going on the idea Shadow would know of this confrontation before they were place in a fight. Unless u consider this a fight where two guy materialize out of nothing and have the experience and powers of said characters.... Otherwise Shadow would have the advantage in this fight before hand.

No not at all. There is another annual where Shadow meets a friend from WW1. This man and 2 others who specialize in different aspects of war steal Margret while Shadow has to take them down. The problem is these characters are shown immune to soul reading and precognition be haze they sold their souls. But Shadow was still able to hypnotize with words one of the soulless men to kill himself!

Resisting a character is neat, but Shadow hypno has never failed when applied to anyone. Whether they are human, soulless, or even the dead. I can see it working on Supes.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 04:18 PM
Sharivan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by CadenceV2 No not at all. There is another annual where Shadow meets a friend from WW1. This man and 2 others who specialize in different aspects of war steal Margret while Shadow has to take them down. The problem is these characters are shown immune to soul reading and precognition be haze they sold their souls. But Shadow was still able to hypnotize with words one of the soulless men to kill himself!

Okay, I know what you are talking about now. It's not an annual it's a Dynamite Comics special which is different from the annuals.

The Shadow Special #1

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

So, don't call it an annual again in the future it will just confuse people.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 04:45 PM
riv6672

I never thought Shadow Vs Supes would be a viable fight til now...

Old Post Sep 14th, 2014 05:01 PM