KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ultra Boy Vs

Ultra Boy Vs
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Ultra Boy Vs

1. Thor
2. Hulk
3. Blue Marvel
4. Hyperion
5. Gladiator

1. Where would you rate PreDCnu Ultra Boy on the above list of MU characters? Does he nock anyone out of this particular top 5? Would he come in at 6?

2. Who could he beat in a no prep no BFR battle from same list?

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

tbh any of these would wreck him.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:12 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Really?
He's supposed to have a Superman level power set, from what i was reading.
Guess you dont put him in this top 5 then.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:15 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

He only has access to one power at a time, unfortunately.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:16 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well yes, thats his thing.
So, you arent disputing the power level, just the efficiency of his access to same. Thats cool.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:20 PM
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Well yes, thats his thing.
So, you arent disputing the power level, just the efficiency of his access to same. Thats cool.

Well I mean, he could certainly do some damage, but all it takes is one stray thunderclap or lightningbolt and he'd be dead, unless he just happened to be channeling speed or durability.

But even when he has super-strength he'd be way slower than all of these, Hulk included.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:22 PM
riv6672

Those are certainly valid points, just seems he'd have a lot experience fighting one power at a time.
He's usually shown to do really well unless PIS is needed.

I'm about out for the day, an appreciate the input. Hopefully some more people will chime in. This isnt a character we see a lot here.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:28 PM
krisblaze

Originally posted by riv6672
Those are certainly valid points, just seems he'd have a lot experience fighting one power at a time.
He's usually shown to do really well unless PIS is needed.

I'm about out for the day, an appreciate the input. Hopefully some more people will chime in. This isnt a character we see a lot here.

He's very powerful, but these matchup require him to fight so well and his opponents to fight so poorly.

I'd give him a chance against Masterson Thor or Savage Hulk in the comics (not KMC Hulk).

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:37 PM
riv6672

Ah, given we're still dealing with a Kryptonian level character, experienced in the use of his powers, i call Huuuuge low balling on your part.
stick out tongue
Like i said, hopefully others will chime in, if nothing else, to say you're right!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:42 PM
DarkSaint85

Kris is so wrong.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 01:44 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Kris is so wrong.
I don't think so. Huge fan of LoSH by really the fact that he can only use strength or speed or invulnerablity at a time is a weakness. Hr literally for example has to be aware or everything around him to endure an attack from a different quarter. Plus he almost NEVER fights solo , so experience CERTAINLY isn't helping him, he has none

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 02:06 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by beatboks
I don't think so. Huge fan of LoSH by really the fact that he can only use strength or speed or invulnerablity at a time is a weakness. Hr literally for example has to be aware or everything around him to endure an attack from a different quarter. Plus he almost NEVER fights solo , so experience CERTAINLY isn't helping him, he has none

Was kidding, I do actually agree with him.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 02:09 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Kris just doesn't like the Hulk. He needs to get over it. Savage Hulk would wreck Ultraboy, even in the comics.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 02:10 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

The way I see it:

Anyone who's faster then his base speed "should" win.

In comics of course, he never has that problem fighting Superboy, or switching to invulnerability after Karate Kid shows he's faster then his super speed mode.

But against someone on his base speed level or close enough to it, the pendulum swings the other way because he could keep using his super speed to dart around them and pick his shots.

Plus, there's the Kryptonian level heat vision. Even bricks like Wonder Man would be hurting at max power.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Sep 26th, 2014 at 03:23 PM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 03:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Sifting through the now apparent bias and kidding around, i still personally think UB should be in that top 5.
Not fighting alone doesnt negste experience in using his Kryptonian level (a level considered nigh unbeatable at KMC) powers. Powers he can switch back snd forth very quickly.
While i dont know if that quickness has ever been timed, i know its faster than i can infer from the negative opinions here.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:11 PM
krisblaze

UB should be in a group of people who can consistently beat those who have access to all of his powers all the time? It's just not realistic.

Unless he has access to super-speed at all times (which he doesn't), then he won't be able to switch fast enough.

To put it this way, this guy can't trade a single punch. If he hits someone at the same time that they hit him, he dies.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:17 PM
Senor Cage

Abhi posted some pics of Ultraboy taking on Wonder Woman.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:20 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Golgo13
Abhi posted some pics of Ultraboy taking on Wonder Woman.

Just the fact that you say "take on Wonder Woman" and not "anally humiliate Wonder Woman" is proof that he doesn't belong in this "top 5" smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:21 PM
Senor Cage

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:23 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Golgo13
Sorry, it was a Martian and he has taken on Mon-El as well.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/164...027-22.JPG.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/164...027-23.JPG.html

Yes, I'm well aware of the people he has fought smile

It doesn't matter though.

The fights are always very short, he's almost always the underdog who's surviving and he doesn't have the feats to put him in their league.

Kryptonian-strong is nowhere near Superman-strong.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Sep 26th, 2014 10:27 PM