KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ms. Marvel vs Namora

Ms. Marvel vs Namora
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Ms. Marvel vs Namora

Can Carol take down Namora? Fight takes place near the New York harbor.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2014 12:56 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mike82

This has already happened in Agents of Atlas #5 and Carol took a serious beating from Namora. A very dry Namora was strong enough to pin Ms Marvel down. The fight was pretty even with Carol gaining a slight edge. That was until Namora got a little wet. She then punched Carol straight up to the stratosphere. Namora then stomped Ms. Marvel back down to Earth, leaving Carol floored, and bloodied, barely conscious.

The next me they fight, Ms Marvel better hope it's in a desert with no water in sight. New York Harbor though? Ms. Marvel's about to get dominated.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 04:49 AM
Mike82 is currently offline Click here to Send Mike82 a Private Message Find more posts by Mike82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mike82
This has already happened in Agents of Atlas #5 and Carol took a serious beating from Namora. A very dry Namora was strong enough to pin Ms Marvel down. The fight was pretty even with Carol gaining a slight edge. That was until Namora got a little wet. She then punched Carol straight up to the stratosphere. Namora then stomped Ms. Marvel back down to Earth, leaving Carol floored, and bloodied, barely conscious.

The next me they fight, Ms Marvel better hope it's in a desert with no water in sight. New York Harbor though? Ms. Marvel's about to get dominated.

thumb up
The fight is right here, among others :
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t512641.html

Namora destroys Carol.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 06:53 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mike82

Thanks! I'm a Ms Marvel fan, so this fight was painful to watch. It was pretty awesome though to say the least. I don't think Carol has ever been on the receiving end of such an epic beatdown. I would have liked to have seen a rematch where Carol does a little better. Chances are, she's more likely to get dominated again.

I wonder how Carol would do against Namora under the following conditions:

Fight 1: They both fight in a desert. Carol uses all her powers
Fight 2: They fight in a desert. Ms Marvel can't use her energy powers
Fight3: They fight near a body of water. Namora is soaking wet and very angry. Carol must last 60 seconds. Namora may still want to hit Carol even if she taps out or is KOed within that timeframe.

Fight 2 interests me because a very dry Namora was able pin Ms Marvel down in that fight. What if she didn't have her energy powers to blast Namora away?

Fight 3, because, I don't know. I don't mind my favorite gal getting beaten and I thought the fight was a little too short.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 06:07 PM
Mike82 is currently offline Click here to Send Mike82 a Private Message Find more posts by Mike82 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanks! I'm a Ms Marvel fan, so this fight was painful to watch. It was pretty awesome though to say the least. I don't think Carol has ever been on the receiving end of such an epic beatdown. I would have liked to have seen a rematch where Carol does a little better. Chances are, she's more likely to get dominated again.

I wonder how Carol would do against Namora under the following conditions:

Fight 1: They both fight in a desert. Carol uses all her powers
Fight 2: They fight in a desert. Ms Marvel can't use her energy powers
Fight3: They fight near a body of water. Namora is soaking wet and very angry. Carol must last 60 seconds. Namora may still want to hit Carol even if she taps out or is KOed within that timeframe.

Fight 2 interests me because a very dry Namora was able pin Ms Marvel down in that fight. What if she didn't have her energy powers to blast Namora away?

Fight 3, because, I don't know. I don't mind my favorite gal getting beaten and I thought the fight was a little too short.

No Binary?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 06:17 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mike82

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
No Binary?

Oh, shoot. Yes, she can use binary. Carol might win the third round though. I think Namora would have the edge in any fight. Binary is not something Carol has easy access to.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 06:29 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Binary stomps.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:03 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mike82

Binary's a planet buster who "accidently" destroyed a planet. I would post a link, but since I'm a newbie, the forum doesn't love me. As Ms Marvel, Carol loses 2 out of 3. Without her energy blasts, Carol gets beat down by a dry Namora. Namora easily pinned Carol down at the begginig of the fight. With all her Powers, Carol wins. Binary would in fact stomp Namora. Without Binary, she's toast. Carol was lucky Namora let up when she did.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:24 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think it's way closer. That fight wasn't a stomp before Namora got wet.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:31 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mike82

The fight was close, but that was with Ms Marvel using her energy blasts along with her strength. One of the fight scenarios has Carol holding back on the energy blasts. Considering Carol was pinned down rather quickly at the beginning, Namora seems to be quite a bit stronger than Carol. Even when she's dry.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:39 PM
nwg202

Has Namor ever defeated Carol? Just wondering how Carol does against submariners in general..

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 12:27 AM
nwg202 is currently offline Click here to Send nwg202 a Private Message Find more posts by nwg202 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Namor fought her along with Wonderman and Ares and was stomping them.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 12:33 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

Namor has bitchslapped ms marvel before,saw it somewhere. Namora stomps ms marvel,one of my favt moments was their fight.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 07:50 AM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mike82

Originally posted by Genii96
Namor has bitchslapped ms marvel before,saw it somewhere. Namora stomps ms marvel,one of my favt moments was their fight.

Yeah, that was my favorite part of comic. Even without seawater, Namora pinned down Ms Marvel rather easily. Carol had to use her energy attacks just to gain a slight edge. The Avengers were lucky Atlas left when they did. After Namora got doused with sea water, she was stronger than the whole Avengers team put together and beat the crap out of Ms Marvel. With Ms Marvel out of commission. Namora could have easily soloed the rest of them.

Namora is just freakin awesome!

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:56 AM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fight was close, but that was with Ms Marvel using her energy blasts along with her strength. One of the fight scenarios has Carol holding back on the energy blasts. Considering Carol was pinned down rather quickly at the beginning, Namora seems to be quite a bit stronger than Carol. Even when she's dry.

Correct, but the question was never who was stronger. It seems that's what the discussion has broken down to.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 01:46 PM
Mike82

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Correct, but the question was never who was stronger. It seems that's what the discussion has broken down to.

True, but I was just curious as to how the fight might go if Carol didn't have her energy powers or if Namora wasn't amped up by seawater.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 05:04 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Captain Marvel ftw. The fight was quite evenly matched. Carols faster more versatile and has sufficient physical strength to hurt Namora and energy projection abilities that as demonstrated can lay her out. Namoras physically stronger and can dominate in close quarters.

That single confrontation doesnt give us a definitive outcome. Namora was initially able to pin Carol, Carol blasted the hell out of her and then smashed her through the floor. She would've lost if not for the recharge from the sea water. Plus theres no guarantee if the fight wasnt interrupted by Venus that Namora wouldve won.

Both of them can gain wins here, but Carols got more options and is faster. I give her the majority.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 08:23 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Carol 6/10

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 08:26 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mike82

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Captain Marvel ftw. The fight was quite evenly matched. Carols faster more versatile and has sufficient physical strength to hurt Namora and energy projection abilities that as demonstrated can lay her out. Namoras physically stronger and can dominate in close quarters.

That single confrontation doesnt give us a definitive outcome. Namora was initially able to pin Carol, Carol blasted the hell out of her and then smashed her through the floor. She would've lost if not for the recharge from the sea water. Plus theres no guarantee if the fight wasnt interrupted by Venus that Namora wouldve won.

Both of them can gain wins here, but Carols got more options and is faster. I give her the majority.

The fight was pretty even until Namora punched Carol through the roof. If Namora dominates in a close quarters fight, then she should dominate this fight as well. Without the seawater, I'm opretty sure Carol still would have won. Namora pinned Carol down rather easily.

Carol's feats were impressive, but it was nothing compared to Namora punching Carol to the stratosphere and Namora wasn't even harmed all that much, thanks to her incredible durability. Carol was left lying on the floor with a bloody nose, and to top it off, the ship was sinking. Had Venus not intervened, Namora would have put her in a hospital.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 11:42 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Had Venus not intervened, Namora would have put her in a hospital.

Yup. Venus actually saved Carol's ass from an unnecessary and brutal beating.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 02:37 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote