KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Mighty Avengers vs. The Elite

Mighty Avengers vs. The Elite
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Mighty Avengers vs. The Elite

Luke Cage
Blue Marvel
Spectrum
Kaluu
Ronin
She Hulk

Vs

Manchester Black
Menagerie
Coldcast
Hat
Vera Black

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 25th, 2014 03:57 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Avengers.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2014 04:23 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Spectrum blitzes.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2014 05:23 PM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

aside from kaluu, (who i'm only assuming does) does anyone have a way to keep from having their mind crushed by manchester....? not sure if bm has any feats against tp. black's illusions are ridiculously powerful as well, and even if he has some tp resist feats, they won't be as good as superman's and we know what black did to him. not to mention the level of tk he brings....not sure the avengers have an answer for black in this line-up unless spectrum blitzes him instantly, before he mindrapes her puts up a shield. i guess it'd maybe be a quickdraw because if he brings hos power to bear i think they are totally effd.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2014 05:41 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Black's tp wins it for Elite unless Monica can somehow take him out quickly.

Old Post Dec 25th, 2014 06:03 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

MB cant beat Superman, he's NOT "crushing" a team with Blue Marvel and Spectrum on it.

Avengers FTW.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 10:47 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Do they have any defenses against high-end telepathy?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 10:58 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You tell me, if you disagree with my pick of winners here.
Pretty sure MB has no defense against a simple KO.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 11:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

A simple KO?

He can withstand punches from Superman at least.

If they have no defenses against telepathy then it's a quick and easy win...

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 11:16 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So, you are asking a question, re-wording your question as a statement.
Sticking with my choice.
Moving on, until something worthwhile gets contributed.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 11:22 AM
krisblaze

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
So, you are asking a question, re-wording your question as a statement.
Sticking with my choice.
Moving on, until something worthwhile gets contributed.

I asked if they had any defenses against telepathy.

Which apparently I was supposed to answer myself.

And then provided a counter-argument to your comment about MB having "no defense against a simple KO".

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 11:42 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

lol

i love how you have to answer your own question. if you say the avengers, then you are supposing they can resist tp. if that is your supposition, it is on YOU to prove said supposition. or at the least say "i don't know if they can resist tp but i'm picking them anyway because i like the avengers more or know nothing about black and the elite."

feel free to say avengers but it's an illogical stance to take unless proof of protection vs someone of black's psi level is shown.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 02:15 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by riv6672
MB cant beat Superman, he's NOT "crushing" a team with Blue Marvel and Spectrum on it.

Kal can resist telepathy though.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 02:35 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by leonidas
lol

i love how you have to answer your own question.

I look at it as, its not on me to disprove my own pick.
You (or anyone) dont agree with me, thats fine.
You can say that, you can even tell me why (or not), but dont ask me to provide your proof.
If you say D beats E i'll at least say no, E has the ability to churn butter at the speed of sound, trumping D in this case. I wont ask you how powerful Ds ability to butter toast at bullet time is.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 02:40 PM
carver9

Blue Marvel does have TP resistance fts but I don't know if it's on the level of resisting Manchester though.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 02:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by leonidas
lol

i love how you have to answer your own question. if you say the avengers, then you are supposing they can resist tp. if that is your supposition, it is on YOU to prove said supposition. or at the least say "i don't know if they can resist tp but i'm picking them anyway because i like the avengers more or know nothing about black and the elite."

feel free to say avengers but it's an illogical stance to take unless proof of protection vs someone of black's psi level is shown.

Superman does not resist TP as much as he fights through it. This is something that Adam has also done, or does. Neither Superman or Adam are TP tanks so I was hoping to dispel this myth before it took off. Kaluu should also be able to fight against it as he has all of Stephen Strange's teachings if not more due to being a student of the mystic arts at the same time as the Ancient One. He's also practiced these techniques for over 500 yrs while living in the dimension of Raggadorr. Kaluu also employs black magic and has no qualms against employing forces such as Satanish.

There is more than enough proof to say that he alone could combat Manchestor Black, and enthrall him mystically. Kaluu once battled both Dr. Strange, and his master the Ancient One. During the battle Kaluu memorized the entire Book of the Vishanti (apparently possessing a total recall memory). Strange himself has battled a Thanosi of the mind, and held his own against the being in a TP battle. Very recently he was easily capable of holding off the Scarlet Witch's hex powers, and even seemed to believe that she was an amateur in terms of utilizing her powers. That's saying quite a bit since Wanda employs Chaos magics.

Last edited by Stoic on Dec 26th, 2014 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Dec 26th, 2014 06:20 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Interesting.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 07:30 AM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Stoic
Superman does not resist TP as much as he fights through it. This is something that Adam has also done, or does. Neither Superman or Adam are TP tanks so I was hoping to dispel this myth before it took off. Kaluu should also be able to fight against it as he has all of Stephen Strange's teachings if not more due to being a student of the mystic arts at the same time as the Ancient One. He's also practiced these techniques for over 500 yrs while living in the dimension of Raggadorr. Kaluu also employs black magic and has no qualms against employing forces such as Satanish.

There is more than enough proof to say that he alone could combat Manchestor Black, and enthrall him mystically. Kaluu once battled both Dr. Strange, and his master the Ancient One. During the battle Kaluu memorized the entire Book of the Vishanti (apparently possessing a total recall memory). Strange himself has battled a Thanosi of the mind, and held his own against the being in a TP battle. Very recently he was easily capable of holding off the Scarlet Witch's hex powers, and even seemed to believe that she was an amateur in terms of utilizing her powers. That's saying quite a bit since Wanda employs Chaos magics.

well, i know you can't be comparing adam with superman in regards to will power or the ability to resist tp, so.....we'll forget that part happened. could adam resist? maybe, i guess, but certainly it would require proof to make that supposition, and i've not seen any. and of course it would need to be some feats of enormous will power, maybe GREATER than superman's, since he did fall prey to black's tp--and no one would be able to resist his even greater power--his tk.

as i said, initially, the only one with a chance would be kaluu, but i didn't know what feats he had. so, i agree. he may be able to battle black telepathically. but he would have no answer for black's tk. if black simply decided to snap his neck, i don't see what kaluu could do to stop it. and lest we forget this isn't just black trying to solo--though i think he would have a chance to do so. the hat is a walking plot device with that hat of his, able to pull, basically whatever he needs from it, and cold cast could certainly be an answer to carol....imo, in a random encounter the avengers don't have much chance in this match.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 04:42 PM
DarkSaint85

Don't forget, Hat could do way more than just pull things out - he was threatening to turn blood to acid etc. So a pretty powerful mage.

Menagerie could also do mind control, and her bugs spat acid which harmed even WW.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 04:55 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Chester casually made bizarro sane and was controlling thousands of super villains from different universes. Coldcast can simply shut everyone here with an electron blast etc. Hat was immune to any physical harm.

Elite were ridiculously powerful, they were casually destroying moons and putting out enough power to ignite a sun. I don't fancy avengers chance here.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2014 04:55 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote