KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Where does well trained end and top tier MA begin?

Where does well trained end and top tier MA begin?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Where does well trained end and top tier MA begin?

Nods to Carver9 in the Nightwing/Kitty Pryde thread, where he says she's s grade A MA trained by the best.

A lot of characters are trained in H2h/MA, some are definitely WELL trained...but really, not everyone can be top tier.

Just to get the ball rolling, i consider Kitty to be well trained yeah, but not top tier. Sans her powers she has no reason to beat NW.
Cyclops, Storm, Luke Cage...well trained.
They know what they're doing, and stripped of powers would mow down a fair number of henchmen or glass cannon villains for sure, but have no claim beating on top tier fighters like Nightwing.

Agree/disagree?

Any lists of examples welcome.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 10:55 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
meep-meep
What are you angry about?

Im curious where someone like Shatterstar would be placed. In mojoverse he's supposed to be elite, but without weapons I don't know where he'd rank compared to Cap.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 02:08 PM
meep-meep is currently offline Click here to Send meep-meep a Private Message Find more posts by meep-meep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

There's no actual answer to this. Any opinion is just an arbitrary line drawn in the sand. Sorry.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 04:00 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordofBrooklyn

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Digi
There's no actual answer to this. Any opinion is just an arbitrary line drawn in the sand. Sorry.

Damn thread deflater!

GET. OUT.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 04:22 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not a vs thread so why is it in here?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 04:24 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Because forum labels aren't absolutes, and the mods have day jobs. If there's discussion, it hardly matters anyway.

/shrug

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 05:13 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Digi has a point. It's difficult to assuage who ranks where without an encyclopedic knowledge of everyone and everything. At that point debating no longer is fun. Plus characters like nw go up and down depending on events, writers, etc. He could beat shiva one day and lose to a mook the next.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 05:19 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Anybody remember the MA tier thread in the comics section?

THAT was a cluster****.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 05:39 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by krisblaze

THAT was a cluster****.

laughing out loud sadly yes.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 05:51 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Punisher or Widow are my personal Laylines. If you beat them your in the top tier imo.

This is like the street tier version of the big 3 HH debate.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 06:23 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
...It's difficult to assuage who ranks where without an encyclopedic knowledge of everyone and everything...

Just wanted to concentrate on this part of a good response (thanks).
So, we should just stick to easy topics, then?
I mean, Superman vs Thor can be fun, but its hardly a mental exercise.
I try and start interesting converstions.
-shrug-

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 06:23 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by riv6672
Just wanted to concentrate on this part of a good response (thanks).
So, we should just stick to easy topics, then?
I mean, Superman vs Thor can be fun, but its hardly a mental exercise.
I try and start interesting converstions.
-shrug-

Someone mentioned above i think it was kris but anyway, he mentioned that their was a ma tier thread. I suggest you look at that to get a better answer. Imo nightwing should never surpass daredevil. I feel they are true equals. Others may disagree. It's all arbitrary. You'll NEVER get a consensus.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 06:53 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I appreciate the spite response, thanks, they're hard to come by.

What i was curious about was those that straddle the line, like how Spider-man is about as high as a street leveler can go before they arent street levelers anymore.
Characters like Nick Fury, Dr. Strange...

Last edited by riv6672 on Mar 14th, 2015 at 07:05 PM

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 07:03 PM
cdtm

Spidey's not street, he's a mid tier meta. Only.reason he doeen't wipe the floor with every street (Or group of streets) he fights is because he has "World of Cardboard" syndrome (They did a story where he beat Sin Eater out of anger, later saw the aftermath of his crippled body, and could't handle it. Had a nervous breakdown.)

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 07:15 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by cdtm
Spidey's not street, he's a mid tier meta. Only.reason he doeen't wipe the floor with every street (Or group of streets) he fights is because he has "World of Cardboard" syndrome (They did a story where he beat Sin Eater out of anger, later saw the aftermath of his crippled body, and could't handle it. Had a nervous breakdown.)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 07:19 PM
riv6672

And yet he's a classic street level hero, stopping muggers, rescuing kittens.
Hence my question.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 07:29 PM
cdtm

By that definition, Superman's a street level hero. stick out tongue

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 07:40 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You're taking me too literally, but thats okay.
I'm not going to beat my example into the ground over it.

Anyhow, straddling the line, thats what i was hoping to suss out MA/h2h wise.

As to why, i've noticed when some characters that arent strictly h2h (Cyclops is a recent example) get put in those situations, they're suddeny treated as if they have if not Bruce Lee, then Jackie Chan level skills.
I find that funny and thought it'd be fun to look at.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 07:47 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Well unless you're herald level most street and meta level characters have atleast some degree of ma skills. Scott is one of them.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 07:59 PM
ODG

Originally posted by krisblaze

THAT was a cluster****.
Superman didn't get enough votes to move from fourth tier into third after months of debate so general butthurt motivated a few people to move half a dozen characters like Ares and Damian down to fourth tier in a week.

Damian didn't get moved down, of course. Just all the Marvel characters.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 14th, 2015 11:04 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote