KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCnu Brainiac 5 Vs Dr. Doom

DCnu Brainiac 5 Vs Dr. Doom
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

DCnu Brainiac 5 Vs Dr. Doom

Not a battle of wits. A ni prep no BFR fight. Basic gear.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 05:02 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Re: DCnu Brainiac 5 Vs Dr. Doom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Not a battle of wits. A ni prep no BFR fight. Basic gear.

Is the underline supposed to be no prep???
If it's just an impromptu battle without BFR then Doom should stomp.
He brings more offensive capacity to the battle, standard gear for B5 has good defense but precious little else.
Doom's armor has weapons and he has magic.
With Pre Querl has much more of a shot, especially if he knows what he's up against. Still a god battle though.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 11:44 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah that was a typo. embarrasment stick out tongue

Now, normally i'd agree with you, but a month or two ago i started a B5 thread and was told he had quite a lot in the way of offense. I'll try and find it if anything.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 12:08 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Here's a great post, with links, by beatboks, regarding B5's offense...

Originally posted by beatboks
1. B5wears a type of utility belt. Pre COIE it was slike 60's TV bat's belt and had everything he needed

https://ultraboy8888.files.wordpres...adv_334_002.png

post Coie it's not cram packed like Batmans (thank god) but it still does have a few weapons.

2. Your making a false assumption that Booster's FF is exactly the same as B5's. It's not.

While the force field that Booster has incorporated into his suit IS that of Brainiac 5 it is not the same by quite a margin. Firstly it doesn't use the same power source as B5's. Remember Booster stole different energy cells from the space museum to power his gear (energy cells of alien origin- for some reason I can't find my copy of that issue for scans ATM). Second Brainy only left a single force field generator behind (to create a FF around Reagan), but his own force field has several. Thirdly Brainy himslef said when he examined the belt (from a time B4 he'd met booster) that it was a "poorly modified version" of his own.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/b...?sort=3&o=0

Brainy is able to project force fields around others or use it as a force beam. The only one I know of to have gotten out of that was the Time Trapper.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oCH2B952I...egion380006.jpg

By Comparison Booster can't use his force field that way. The only time he did required him rewiring it through his blasters during battle.

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/b...?sort=3&o=3

http://s1232.photobucket.com/user/b...?sort=3&o=1

There is actually quite a bit of difference between the two in actual power level. Remember B5's FF actually allows one to enter the sun eater (a being that can devour a sun). Yet Doomsday can pound on Boosters enough to completely drain the power cells and make it inoperable.

Suneater ability to inflict damage >>>> Doomsday

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 12:13 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

First that wasn't in the B5 thread as I recall but in the Booster thread. You questioned me why I rated Booster so much lower in a battle than Querl. I stand by it, but look at what offense I showed. Pre COIE Querl carried quite a few weapons as standard (hell he seemed to always have the one he needed just like Bat's). Post we're only talking a few things.

Now let's look at the weapons Doom has as standard.
His armor is forged from a titanium allow and was forged mystically and reinforced by magic in Tibet. It also has a force field, enhances his strength substantially, as well as his durability.

Offensively lasers, concussive force blasts, electric shockers, Rockets, Hypnosis ray, but MOST importantly his absorption tech. The stuff he uses to absorb the Power cosmic from SS, etc.

Added to all this he has his vast knowledge of magic which gives him even more avenues of attack.

What is to say he doesn't just drain all the power supply of Querl's gear to power his own. Without prep Querl won't have prepared for it and it's a standard move for Doom.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 12:45 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, lets see...

I misremembered the almost identical threads. Whoops.

I gave you credit and called your post great. Welcome.

You upped B5's stock in my eyes, and i think this is a good match up. If you think he loses, i cant help that.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 01:01 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by riv6672
Well, lets see...

I misremembered the almost identical threads. Whoops.

I gave you credit and called your post great. Welcome.

You upped B5's stock in my eyes, and i think this is a good match up. If you think he loses, i cant help that.

B5 is great and IMO a prep match between these two would be a bloody great match. I just think that Doom has a too much an advantage in an impromptu encounter due to having more standard gear plus magic knowledge, especially with BFR denied.

Now with BFR on the table than he could use his force field projectors to send doom a few continents away to give him a chance to even things up once he realizes the offensive capacity he faces. While Doom is returning from the BFR he could rewire one force field projector into an energy weapons, or tame trap, phantom zone projector or something like that and even it up.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 01:29 PM
riv6672

Thanks for the response.

Good idea on the ff projection. Thats still a viable tactic, given the standard starting distance in these match ups, the field of battle is at least that large...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 01:34 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But this is DCnu and yet you are listing feats from pre crisis versions. What are his best feats since the reboot? What puts him on the level he can compete with a prepped Doom?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 03:20 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What are some feats for DCNU? I can't recall any.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 05:07 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

You know, with both known to employ force fields, it might end up like two guys in sumo suits, just bouncing off each other...erm

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 08:53 PM
Senor Cage

Huh?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 08:56 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

BOING!

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 09:00 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Zack M
What are some feats for DCNU? I can't recall any.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 09:00 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

B5's intelligence is superior but Doom is ready to cheat in any waypossible, he should win.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 09:03 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Doom doesnt cheat. He just...makes his own rules.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 09:42 AM
Senor Cage

So, we're using 3boot Brainy?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 09:49 AM
riv6672

New 52 if thats what 3boot means.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 10:06 AM
Senor Cage

Legion hasn't really appeared except for one showing.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 04:14 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
B5's intelligence is superior
No it isn't.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 26th, 2015 04:22 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote