KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Peak Molecule Man vs. Peak Sentry

Peak Molecule Man vs. Peak Sentry
Started by: Don Draper

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Don Draper
Old Fashioned

Peak Molecule Man vs. Peak Sentry

They are each trying to muck with eachother at the atomic level. Who would win?

This is peak Molecule Man (postretcon) and peak Sentry (whichever incarnation is the most powerful). They are both bloodlusted.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:39 AM
Don Draper is currently offline Click here to Send Don Draper a Private Message Find more posts by Don Draper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

sentry defeating molecule man is the dumbest shit ive ever seen. like worse than surfer getting beat by a mexican with a hammer, or batman wetting himself. post retcon molecule man is trans multiversal. sentry loses 10/10. sentry doesnt even have the feats to contend with molecule man in this area of expertise let alone beat him

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:12 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Agreed. thumb up

Additionally, this bio confirms that Owen was in a weakened mental state when he confronted Sentry, therefore was operating at a sub-standard level:
http://i.imgur.com/LfMc2Zk.png
"When he's up, he is nigh-omnipotent and able to challenge the likes of the Beyonder. When he's down, he's powerful, but can be overcome by the likes of the Sentry."

And even then, Sentry waited until Owen was distracted before attacking him:
http://i.imgur.com/opJQVjG.png
"While he was side-tracked, the Sentry reconstituted himself and played Reece at his own game, manipulating molecules and controlling matter."

So yeah, peak Owen stomps w/o much effort.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 6th, 2015 at 04:26 AM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:22 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Agreed. thumb up

Additionally, this bio confirms that Owen was in a weakened mental state when he confronted Sentry, therefore was operating at a sub-standard level:
"When he's up, he is nigh-omnipotent and able to challenge the likes of the Beyonder. When he's down, he's powerful, but can be overcome by the likes of the Sentry."

"While he was side-tracked, the Sentry reconstituted himself and played Reece at his own game, manipulating molecules and controlling matter."

Where u get those from

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 11:29 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Agreed. thumb up

Agreed Owen stomps with ease, but opinionated biographies posted as facts to defend the case is a poor example.

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 12:18 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by tkitna
Agreed Owen stomps with ease, but opinionated biographies posted as facts to defend the case is a poor example.

That's what i was thinking

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 12:24 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The bios are stating facts from the story, not giving opinions.

And all the bios state is what most already knew: that Owen's power was neutered when Sentry beat him, because he was in an unstable mental state... Which is an opinion you seem to share anyway.

Poor example, though? Lol.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:09 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

The bios are stating facts from the story, not giving opinions.

So those are on panel quotes from a character during the battle or are those quotes from the person writing the biographies?

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:28 PM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Did they retell on-panel happenings inaccurately? smile

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:32 PM
Genii96

Owen stomps,way ot of bob's league

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:34 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

wtf. this is spite.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:46 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Did they retell on-panel happenings inaccurately? smile

Well I dont remember anybody during the storyline flat out saying Owen was having a bad day and thats the only reason Sentry beat him, but its been awhile since i've read it. I believe the writer of the biographies and all of us are assuming something was wrong with Owen because of his past feats (me included), but nobody wants to assume that maybe Bob really is just that powerful with abilities he doesnt or hasent displayed up to that point. It works both ways.

In hindsight, I believe Owen was not at his peak mental capabilities during the fight. As a matter of fact, the only character I can think of that has a severe mental issue like that would be,,,,,the Sentry. (Oh crap)

By Stoic

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 01:55 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Yea they're both similar characters in the mental dept.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:22 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

(please log in to view the image)

Bendis told me that Humans are like Krytonite to MM.

And MM - Molecular Man = MM - Martian Manhunter. Coincidence? I think not!

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:34 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry stomps. Already happened, damn the excuses. Sentry is FAR more mentally unstable than MM.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:39 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Well I dont remember anybody during the storyline flat out saying Owen was having a bad day and thats the only reason Sentry beat him, but its been awhile since i've read it. I believe the writer of the biographies and all of us are assuming something was wrong with Owen because of his past feats (me included), but nobody wants to assume that maybe Bob really is just that powerful with abilities he doesnt or hasent displayed up to that point. It works both ways.

In hindsight, I believe Owen was not at his peak mental capabilities during the fight. As a matter of fact, the only character I can think of that has a severe mental issue like that would be,,,,,the Sentry. (Oh crap)
Owen was glaringly unstable during that series. Someone who is stable doesn't manifest his split personalities as tangible heroes/villains, and have them accompany him everywhere. That said, it is a preexisting canon fact that Owen's abilities fluctuate in accordance with his mental stability.

So again: the bios stated facts, not opinions... Facts that you seem to agree with, btw, so I don't know why you're still arguing with me..? smile

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 02:44 PM
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Sentry stomps. Already happened, damn the excuses. Sentry is FAR more mentally unstable than MM.

He doesn't stomp. This is why Sentry fans, and thereby Sentry get a bad rep.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:11 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
He doesn't stomp. This is why Sentry fans, and thereby Sentry get a bad rep.

Okay, he wins. It happened in comics. And the reason Sentry gets a bad rap is because he's a poorly thought out character who continues to change according to the story.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:12 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One_Angry_Scot
----

Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Okay, he wins. It happened in comics.

And that's disregarding the context of how Owen was mentally. Owen suffered much in the same way Sentry did. He wasn't depowered (as Brevoort has confirmed that it was a regular Molecule Man). But he was weakened by his mental state.

Much like the Sentry is when he is mentally unstable he has a block on his full power and he's afraid to use it. MM isn't afraid I would say but he just lacks the comprehension to use it when he's unstable.

This doesn't mean what Sentry did was not impressive. He still did beat Owen at his own game. But I wouldn't say it was a Trans Multiversal Owen that he defeated.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to say Owen was easily in the Trans Tier during the fight.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 03:18 PM
One_Angry_Scot is currently offline Click here to Send One_Angry_Scot a Private Message Find more posts by One_Angry_Scot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
And that's disregarding the context of how Owen was mentally. Owen suffered much in the same way Sentry did. He wasn't depowered (as Brevoort has confirmed that it was a regular Molecule Man). But he was weakened by his mental state.

Much like the Sentry is when he is mentally unstable he has a block on his full power and he's afraid to use it. MM isn't afraid I would say but he just lacks the comprehension to use it when he's unstable.

This doesn't mean what Sentry did was not impressive. He still did beat Owen at his own game. But I wouldn't say it was a Trans Multiversal Owen that he defeated.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to say Owen was easily in the Trans Tier during the fight.

I don't think the author tried to hard to make a weakened mental state obvious. Just screams of an excuse, and I mean for ANY character. A strong mind helps you in a fight, correct? Hell, don't give the Superman fans another excuse.

Weak mindset or not, Owen is the master of his power set. Sentry was less than a neophyte, he didn't even know how he was doing the stuff he did. Owen should have DOMINATED him, and he lost. What happens when Sentry gains just a little experience?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2015 04:14 PM