KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Take away tier

Take away tier
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Take away tier

If you take away this from their abilities, would their tier change or would they remain in their tier.

Thor (no Mjlonir)
Surfer (no board, Cosmic awareness)
Superman (no flight, heat vision, and ice breath)

Also, who would move the furthest down in their tier?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 05:52 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Basically, you handicap all of them to become the Hulk?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Basically, you handicap all of them to become the Hulk?
you're just lowballing now. They'd have to fall pretty far into the shit pile in order to get equated to the hulk.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:03 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I'm sorry, I just got too excited.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:06 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:17 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here is a take away at Godlike Tier.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 07:39 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

thor falls the hardest, no contest. almost all his high end shit has to do with mjolnir

then superman

then surfer. id say that about sums that up wouldn't you all say?

also why did you take away surfers cosmic awareness? thats like taking away supermans super weaving ability, he almost never uses it and its more of an offshot thing. also cosmic awareness only senses energy,

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:31 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Thor drops the most. Then SS. Then Superman.

Thor's hammer is responsible for his (seldom used) versatility.

Surfer without his board/awareness is hard to judge, but there would definitely be some backlash.

Superman without flight (and two long range attacks)?
He would finally start relying on his speed, the way fanboys here pretend he does. He'd drop, because flight lets him achieve strength feats grounded heroes cant.
But a speedster with his strength and invulnerability would be very dangerous.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 09:43 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

The way that I see it is that in order for a character to be counted among the Herald to High Herald tier, they would typically need to have a decent power set. However, there are a few exceptions to the rule. Doomsday, Hulk, Lobo, Juggernaut (classic) and a few others most certainly sit comfortably within this tier while bringing very few tools to the table. Thor, Hercules, and a few others have been able to compete with characters in that tier as well without the use of weapons.

I'm pretty sure that Thor could defeat Firelord without the hammer, he would still have his toughness, strength, and weather abilities. If the Surfer could only use his power cosmic, I'm pretty certain that he would be able to make it into this tier as well, but he would be severely weakened. He'd still be able to amplify his strength, and fire off cosmic bolts, and become intangible. His power cosmic would also still allow him to alter atomic structures, so I can't see him not being able to pass this test.

Superman without the heat vision, freeze breath, and flight, would still have his toughness, strength and speed like Doomsday, so he shouldn't have any problems with sitting comfortably within this tier as well.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 10:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

I think they'd compensate. They've all been depowered enough thru out their careers to handle whatever comes their way. But for thread purposes Thor, Superman then Surfer. Also u really didn't handicap Norrin as much. He can still amp, still use his esoteric abilities and I'm confident if he thinks about it he could find a way to fly.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2016 10:36 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^he'd probably fly like Terrax.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2016 03:51 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote