KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Animal Man vs Beast Boy

Animal Man vs Beast Boy
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Animal Man vs Beast Boy

Classic animal man powers. Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on May 15th, 2016 at 05:00 AM

Old Post May 15th, 2016 04:51 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good match at classic levels.

Right now i'd say Beast Boy, as he gains/loses bulk, limbs, fangs etc by actually becoming animals as opposed to taking on dominant traits like AM did.
That make sense?

Old Post May 15th, 2016 05:08 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

IMHO, Animal Man. Couldn't he mix/match abilities (that scale) from different creatures?

If I recall correctly, someone on these forums actually came up with a real life animal combo, centered on this thing, that would wreck most beings under herald level big grin

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 06:02 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sonic speed shrimp, right?

When Animal Man hit B'wana Beast with the strength of an elephant, I was wondering if that's a downgrade from the proportionate strength of an ant or mantis..

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 08:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I thought Animal Man could copy like any lifeform that died on earth? Also didn't he like..copy sun eaters and shit at one point? Shouldn't he stomp Beast Boy?

Old Post May 15th, 2016 10:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

At classic levels he wasnt doing that.

Old Post May 15th, 2016 11:01 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

How classic are we talking? The only stuff I've seen him do in post-crisis continuity was pretty impressive. I seem to recall him at one point fighting with the strength of a t-rex or some ridiculous shit like that, stacked with the reflexes of a fly. If this type of thing is allowed, then Buddy should stomp, pretty hard.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 16th, 2016 05:49 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
How classic are we talking? The only stuff I've seen him do in post-crisis continuity was pretty impressive. I seem to recall him at one point fighting with the strength of a t-rex or some ridiculous shit like that, stacked with the reflexes of a fly. If this type of thing is allowed, then Buddy should stomp, pretty hard.

He took the strength of a T-Rex under Morrison. smile

So say, power levels pre Morrison, as I haven't finished reading his run and he almost always tinkers with characters abilities.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 02:47 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
He took the strength of a T-Rex under Morrison. smile

So say, power levels pre Morrison, as I haven't finished reading his run and he almost always tinkers with characters abilities.

Morrison wrote Buddy's very first post crisis series back in 88.
so we're talking pre COIE ???
because I'd class "classic" as Morrison's run

Old Post May 16th, 2016 08:01 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah, classic should be Morrison.
Power level to make this a good fight would be where he gained needed attributes the same way BB took desired forms.
BB once turned into a brontosaur, though it wasnt pleasant.

Old Post May 16th, 2016 09:44 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Morrison's fine then. I'm a little hazy on when COIE begins and ends, so if that's the start of post crisis Buddy and counts as classic, go with it.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 12:05 AM
riv6672

He was a pretty generic character prior to Morrison's run.
This was before MBs, but folks at the comic shops i went to were confused as hell when the house ad came out.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 04:13 AM
DarkSaint85

My gut feeling is with Buddy, that fly perception plus bacteria multiplication was pretty cool.

But that's also because I really enjoyed Morrison's run.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 05:05 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm enjoying it.

The mirror Master's also pretty awewome. He's not not the one from mainstream DC, it's a totally different guy, but kind of wish he became the regular one.

Also, I'll never look at another Wile E. Coyote toon the same way again, that's for sure..

Last edited by cdtm on May 17th, 2016 at 12:24 PM

Old Post May 17th, 2016 12:17 PM
riv6672

Yeah, that story is what i used for the longest time to show people why i read comics. I'd loan them a copy and most all of them were mind blown.

Old Post May 17th, 2016 08:48 PM