KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Name the Top 10 Most Lanterns - Any Color

Name the Top 10 Most Lanterns - Any Color
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Name the Top 10 Most Lanterns - Any Color

Who and why are the top 5 most powerful Lanterns of any color or corp?

Example:

1) Classic Parallax
2) Classic Ion
3) Sinestro with Life Entity
4) White Lantern Kyle w/Life Equation
5) Volthoom
6) Krona w/All the Entities
etc..

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 08:28 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Atrocitus as Butcher.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 08:48 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Didn't do anything.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 08:58 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

You know what Zack? Why don't you drop us your dc knowledge on us and compile a full list before anyone else? I know you read the comics too and not just look at pictures.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 09:05 PM
Senor Cage

Sure.

1. Zero Hour Parallax
2. Priest Lantern
3. White Lantern Kyle
4. Butcher
5. Renegade Hal
6. Sinestro (Parallax)
7. Ion
8. Black Lantern
9. Volthoom
10. Ion 2

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 09:11 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Basically everything that had to do with the White Lanterns and the Life entity was very situational - being the antithesis of Nekron/Black Lanterns. I don't recall enough in the way of combat feats that would put them really even on a top tier list. In theory, sure, but not necessarily in practice.

The list obviously starts with ZH Parallax and Ion I, who ought to be relative equals. Way below them would be Volthoom, then Krona w/ Entities (or Hal alone, if you want to go there). Then there's another large power gap before we get to some real arguments.

(I'm limiting this to relatively modern history here)

Pre-Rebirth Kyle had some crazy feats that were arguably better than anything done by even Lanterns w/ entities in the Johns era. Other high level non-hosts include Hal (going full Krona-buster mode), Mogo, Cyborg Supes w/ 10 rings, Black Hand (especially w/ access to decent beings to resurrect e.g. Source Wall), etc.

Then there's all the hosts post-Rebirth, who are woefully disappointing and in most cases probably below those regular lanterns I just mentioned.

You can argue this list a lot, but it's a very difficult question because so much has changed, there's a lot of inconsistencies, hype, plot power, character (read: Hal) wanking, entitiy ruining, etc.

And, by Rebirth I mean GL: Rebirth, not the current reboot going on, of course.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 09:20 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Sure.

1. Zero Hour Parallax
2. Priest Lantern
3. White Lantern Kyle
4. Butcher
5. Renegade Hal
6. Sinestro (Parallax)
7. Ion
8. Black Lantern
9. Volthoom
10. Ion 2

Surely you don't mean Ion I (Kyle) at 7?

'Be.'

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 09:21 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

1. Guy Gardner

2-10. Those not Guy Gardner

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 09:25 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

There is that time when Hal became the God Of light. Where would he be ranked.

And I think Larfleeze makes the list too.

Sentinel when gained the full power of the Starheart.

Last edited by "Id" on Jun 13th, 2016 at 09:50 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 09:47 PM
Senor Cage

God of Light>>Parallax, IMO.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 10:01 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

God of Light>>Parallax, IMO.

What about pre and post flash point Alan Scott?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 10:25 PM
Senor Cage

Does Alan really count? He's not part of the electro emotional spectrum.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 10:47 PM
Senor Cage

BTW, Mogo should be in the top 10.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 10:47 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Cogito
The list obviously starts with ZH Parallax and Ion I, who ought to be relative equals.
While it's true they both possessed the complete power of the CB, Parallax had also absorbed some of the residual energy left over from the original Crisis:
http://i.imgur.com/bMHkprW.jpg
ie. ZH Parallax >> Ion I.

[edit]
On that note, it is absolutely unreal how much power AM was generating during COIE. Hell, that energy is also what the [already] nigh-omnipotent Infinite Man absorbed to further empower himself:
http://i.imgur.com/ypeQH2T.jpg

...And said energy is also what ultimately undid him:
http://i.imgur.com/6zuuVdB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lmk2Yk5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M4qjKXM.jpg

Crazy. messed

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 13th, 2016 at 11:39 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 11:25 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Galan007
While it's true they both possessed the complete power of the CB, Parallax had also absorbed some of the residual energy left over from the original Crisis:

[edit]
On that note, it is absolutely unreal how much power AM was generating during COIE. Hell, that energy is also what the [already] nigh-omnipotent Infinite Man absorbed to further empower himself:
http://i.imgur.com/ypeQH2T.jpg

...And said energy is also what ultimately undid him:
http://i.imgur.com/6zuuVdB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/lmk2Yk5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/M4qjKXM.jpg

Crazy. messed

What about God of Light Hal Vs Zero Hour Parallax?

Old Post Jun 13th, 2016 11:41 PM
Cogito

Originally posted by "Id"
There is that time when Hal became the God Of light. Where would he be ranked.

And I think Larfleeze makes the list too.

Sentinel when gained the full power of the Starheart.

God of Light is somewhere between Ion I and Volthoom based on not having enough feats.

Larf probably makes the list, but only at the very bottom. He's just not smart enough and his best feats are off panel (e.g. killing Controllers, first fight against that other angel guy I can't remember the name of)

Sentinel is not really a Lantern.

Originally posted by Galan007

I said roughly wink

In theory, ZH Parallax also contained both Ion (having absorbed the GL Central Battery and the Parallax entity, though those ideas weren't fleshed out at the time. There's no good reason to believe Hal was tapping into the powers of Parallax at the time, though, separate from the Central Battery energies.

Ion I had some uber feats, and Hal-Spectre basically told him flat out he had the power to do what ZH Parallax wanted to do but that he probably shouldn't. That's why Kyle gave the power back and recreated the Corps.

'Be.'

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 12:16 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'd put GoL Hal around Ion I-level, given that he was implied to be a full-fledged universal power... Just like Kyle/Ion.

ZH Parallax, however, actually caused entire timelineS and realitieS to be created and destroyed as a corollary of his actions:
http://i.imgur.com/GDTC3YY.jpg
IOW, he was solidly beyond universal, thus should be solidly beyond GoL Hal.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 14th, 2016 at 12:20 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 12:16 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Cogito
I said roughly wink

In theory, ZH Parallax also contained both Ion (having absorbed the GL Central Battery and the Parallax entity, though those ideas weren't fleshed out at the time. There's no good reason to believe Hal was tapping into the powers of Parallax at the time, though, separate from the Central Battery energies.

Ion I had some uber feats, and Hal-Spectre basically told him flat out he had the power to do what ZH Parallax wanted to do but that he probably shouldn't. That's why Kyle gave the power back and recreated the Corps.
You said "relative equals". stick out tongue

Anywho, Ion was definitely powerful, but Parallax had that exact same power + the energy he absorbed from COIE. He's comfortably beyond Kyle, and where feats are concerned, comfortably at the top of the 'most powerful Lantern' list. Imo. thumb up

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 12:21 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

GoL Hal is in the same ball park or greater than Ion 1. But as the featless wonder we do not know how much higher was his power bumped, thanks to his New God tech and status.

When I said lanterns of all colors it extended it to those wielding Starheart since he is a lantern and power ring user. We allow the Black Lantern on the list, and he is not part of the emotional spectrum, why should we not extend this to Alan Scott.

Last edited by "Id" on Jun 14th, 2016 at 12:37 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 12:32 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sure.

1. Zero Hour Parallax
2. Priest Lantern
3. White Lantern Kyle
4. Butcher
5. Renegade Hal
6. Sinestro (Parallax)
7. Ion
8. Black Lantern
9. Volthoom
10. Ion 2

For my part I wouldn't consider Zero Hour Parallax a lantern at all. That goes for any version of a lantern amped up massively.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2016 12:39 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote