KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fernus vs. Superboy Prime

Fernus vs. Superboy Prime
Started by: backup

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
backup

Fernus vs. Superboy Prime

Fernus:

http://static4.comicvine.com/upload...60-fernus01.jpg

Superboy Prime:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.co...0cab18d10f2.jpg

Rules:

1st round: Fernus (with tp) vs. Superboy Prime

2nd round: Fernus (without tp) vs. Superboy Prime

3nd round (bonus): Fernus (without tp) vs. Superboy Prime (solar armor)

Fight for death.

Who wins?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 12:33 AM
backup is currently offline Click here to Send backup a Private Message Find more posts by backup Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Fernus in all three. He was a psychic entity made flesh, IIRC.

IOW, unless SBP develops some mind powers, Round 1 has him crying in fear, and 2 and 3 with Fernus eventually wearing him down.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 12:38 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

IOW, unless SBP develops some mind powers, Round 1 has him crying in fear, and 2 and 3 with Fernus eventually wearing him down.

Kinda like Onslaught?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 01:29 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

That sounds great and all. But then Plastic Man stalemated him. I actually buy the telepathy argument. Without it, though...really?

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 01:35 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Zack M
Kinda like Onslaught?

Except Onslaught had the weakness of having mass thrown at him, or whatever it was that made them all throw themselves in.

@Digi: HE was stalemating Eel. By that I mean, he was only tying the JLA up whilst the missiles were flying. I take your point though, he should've physically curbed him.

A massive high point for Eel, if anything. They were skyscraper sized, and were smashing through buildings.

Iirc, Fernus had giant holes blasted through him, and WW was ripping chunks off him with her lasso. He just healed from it. Hence the 'eventual' wearing down.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 03:17 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Prime oneshots him. Or vaporizes him with HV just like J'onn did.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 05:24 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pillow Biter

As much as I am trying to respect this forum's approach--one that involves greater realism than the comics--, Superboy Prime is a cartoony character who is basically designed to circumvent realism. He punched through the fabric of space time!
Sure, like everyone, he has had some bad days. But he's had some very good ones. Seems like he dominates here, regardless of what Fernus is made of. I think he'd beat a pure energy being like Monica Rambeau, even. Somehow. Someway. I know that we don't debate that way for most characters, but SBP seems special in this respect. He'd probably just punch Monica in the face and she'd be KOed. WIth no explanation.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 09:10 AM
Pillow Biter is currently offline Click here to Send Pillow Biter a Private Message Find more posts by Pillow Biter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by abhilegend
Prime oneshots him. Or vaporizes him with HV just like J'onn did.

Superman cutting loose couldn't do so. Guess J'onn > Superman.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 09:33 AM
riv6672

^^^J'onn' always been > Superman.

OT i cant see SBP winning any of these scenarios. The guy is scared of Flashes, because the can and have, hurt him. Fernus would quickly undermjnd his confidence.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 10:05 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Superman never tried to do that as he was giving Fernus a chance to stand down even in the last fight.

Even then he shattered his body in one punch.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 12:57 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by riv6672

OT i cant see SBP winning any of these scenarios. The guy is scared of Flashes, because the can and have, hurt him. Fernus would quickly undermjnd his confidence.

Maybe in his dreams.

That's why he whines about how everyone forgets he is as powerful as Superman.

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 12:58 PM
riv6672

You may be right...you know more about whining than anyone on this site.

laughing

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 01:24 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

This.

Prime is strong, but he can't match J'onn's unique powers and potential when cutting loose.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 01:46 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Not in the way he needs to here.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 01:52 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Superman burst right through Fernus. Almost everything Fernus did was either telepathy or off-panel. Except for his fight with Plas.

Originally posted by riv6672

laughing

No. J'onn wishes he were near Superman, let alone superior. You can go back to your Lala Fantasy Land with your "I don't have to defend my argument" mental gymnastics to avoid ever backing your case.

Just..... laughing

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 02:15 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I feel like J'onn is weaker than Superman physically. Though the guy is very strong and fast, he's not quite Superman level. But he makes up for that with his telepathy, phasing, and shape shifting. He carries a weakness to fire, so someone who can blast heat from their eyes and is faster presents a problem.

But I feel Superman can't beat Fernus. He left the dude phased into some table crying out in pain IIRC.

Though I also agree with Pillow Biter in that Prime has these wtf powers. He operates on a high level and I could of sworn telepathy was attempted and didn't work.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 04:46 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by Surtur
I feel like J'onn is weaker than Superman physically. Though the guy is very strong and fast, he's not quite Superman level. But he makes up for that with his telepathy, phasing, and shape shifting. He carries a weakness to fire, so someone who can blast heat from their eyes and is faster presents a problem.

But I feel Superman can't beat Fernus. He left the dude phased into some table crying out in pain IIRC.

Though I also agree with Pillow Biter in that Prime has these wtf powers. He operates on a high level and I could of sworn telepathy was attempted and didn't work.

On top of his versatility he can also amplify his strength by Shapeshifting and increasing his density. Some writers honestly suggest he's more powerful then Superman doesn't necessarily mean stronger since some suggest Flash is more powerful then everyone else at times as well.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 06:19 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

a
Originally posted by Delta1938
Superman burst right through Fernus. Almost everything Fernus did was either telepathy or off-panel. Except for his fight with Plas.

laughing

No. J'onn wishes he were near Superman, let alone superior. You can go back to your Lala Fantasy Land with your "I don't have to defend my argument" mental gymnastics to avoid ever backing your case.

Just..... laughing

And bursting through.....did absolutely jack to Fernus. He was literally stomping Superman into the ground. Even Plas did nothing really. Batman's Hail Mary play was only temporary.

(please log in to view the image)

He didn't even care about the fight, and was only doing it to distract the League:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...-fernus4xb7.jpg

Not to mention, he still has the other powers a Martian has. Including intangibility:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/...666/VsJla21.jpg

This is how a weaker Martian fights SBP WITH solar armour:
http://static.comicvine.com/api/ima...l/2650414-1.png

If Fernus gets hit, its because he wants to get hit.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 07:37 PM
EcstaticGrace

I love when writers write J'onn as if he has common sense with his abilities.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 07:47 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Fernus owned the shit out of Superman.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2016 10:01 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote