KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What universe can defeat Marvel or DC univers?

What universe can defeat Marvel or DC univers?
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

What universe can defeat Marvel or DC univers?

What other universe can defeat the Marvel or the DC universe in a all out galactic univeral battle?

No ppr..

Current Marvel and Pre.Darksied war are in use here..

Cant use our own uniy lol

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 05:51 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Is anime included?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 05:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Is anime included?

All other uni's are included

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 06:00 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Both Marvel and DC have omnipotent beings. So therefore the best anyone else can do is tie with another omnipotent being.

That was easy. thumb up

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 06:04 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Originally posted by Cogito
Both Marvel and DC have omnipotent beings.

They don't. Not by the implied definition.

Last edited by Astner on Oct 1st, 2016 at 06:45 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 06:40 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

there are none, marvel and dc are the two most powerful versus in fiction.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 08:12 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not really. Most Indie companies have characters that can match even the best in Marvel and DC. For example:

Dynamite has Solar.
Image has Man of Miracles.
Vertigo has Michael/Lucifer.
Boom! has Wick
IDW has The Q
2000AD has The Fathers
The Cthulhu mythos has characters like Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth.
Dark Horse has The Mask [shifty]
etc. etc.

Some Indie companies have multiple omnipotent/quasi-omnipotent beings in them.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 1st, 2016 at 08:56 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 08:47 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

Originally posted by Galan007
Not really. Pretty much any Indie company has characters that can match even the best Marvel and DC can produce. For example:

Dynamite has Solar.
Image has Man of Miracles.
Vertigo has Michael/Lucifer.
Boom! has Wick
IDW has The Q
2000AD has The Fathers
The Cthulhu mythos has characters like Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth.
Dark Horse has The Mask [shifty]
etc. etc.

Some Indie companies have multiple omnipotent/quasi-omnipotent beings in them.

marvel and dc have an entire host of omnipotent and quasi omnipotent beings in them aswell. the sheer number of cosmic characters/items that marvel has is too many to count. they win by numbers alone, and thats NOT including dc. marvel is by far the most powerful verse. yes those companies have powerful beings, but this is a numbers game.

also theres hax as well. i hope none of the beings you mentioned are magic.. cuz black alice... LOL

Last edited by ghostman on Oct 1st, 2016 at 09:01 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 08:59 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Numbers don't mean shit. Solar alone could gesture away all of Marvel combined... Save, perhaps, Owen and Beyonder, who he'd no less than stalemate.

...As could a character like MoM. Or Michael/Lucifer.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:04 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

Numbers don't mean shit. Solar alone could gesture away all of Marvel combined... Save, perhaps, Owen and Beyonder, who he'd no less than stalemate.

...As could a character like MoM. Or Michael/Lucifer.

LMAO no, solar aint dong that. hes multiversal, abraxas, or another multiversal character can take him. lol, solar, although very powerful is very inconsistent. especially valiant solar.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:22 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Solar has created entire multiverses with a subconscious afterthought -- and the energy expenditure was so minute(relative to him) that he didn't even realize he'd done so at first. He has also destroyed/restored multiverses just as effortlessly. He has, for all intents and purposes, become God in every company he has been written in since Gold Key -- including his most recent depiction in Dynamite(which is who I am referring to here.)

Save the characters I mentioned, no other beings in Marvel have that level of power... And Beyonder doesn't even exist in current Marvel, so...

...Abraxas. laughing out loud

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 1st, 2016 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:33 PM
ghostman

These are the characters at their peaks.

Peak Solar has created entire multiverses as subconscious afterthoughts -- and the energy expenditure was so minute(relative to him) that he didn't even realize he'd done so at first. He has also destroyed/restored multiverses just as effortlessly. He has, for all intents and purposes, become God in every company he has been written in since Gold Key -- including his most recent depiction in Dynamite.

Save the characters I mentioned, no other beings in Marvel have that level of power.

...Abraxas. laughing out loud

abraxas was collapsing entire realities just by existing. it needed multiversal destruction just to beat him, he stalemates solar.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:41 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

I'd argue that the Cthulhu Mythos is beyond Marvel and DC. But that's mainly because it's so much more intricate and don't suffer from the same mistakes.

Another good example is the Nobilis role-playing setting where the main antagonists literally have the power to retcon concepts out of existence.

I've also seen people compare Demonbane to Marvel and DC, and some of the feats I've seen translated seem a lot more impressive than anything I've seen in Marvel or DC. But to be fair I haven't played or researched the game thoroughly enough to make a judgement on that.

Originally posted by ghostman
abraxas was collapsing entire realities just by existing.

He didn't collapse a single one.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:41 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ghostman
abraxas was collapsing entire realities just by existing. it needed multiversal destruction just to beat him, he stalemates solar.
This is incorrect. That aside, Solar can destroy/create multiverses with relative ease. How in the hell do you think Abraxas(who was beaten by multiversal destruction/recreation) stalemates him?

And do you not realize this is CURRENT Marvel? Abraxas hasn't been around since 2002.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 1st, 2016 at 09:46 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:43 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Astner
I'd argue that the Cthulhu Mythos is beyond Marvel and DC. But that's mainly because it's so much more intricate and don't suffer from the same mistakes.
thumb up

I love the Cthulhu Mythos. It is very well done on a cosmologic level.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:47 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Marvel's cosmology in particular really went down the drain with Hickman's and Starlin's latest runs. The Beyonders were extremely underwhelming and the One-Above-All turned out to be deranged tranny.

DC's cosmology on the other hand suffers from ambiguity and a lack of a shared vision among writers. Morrison seems to be the only one who tries to make sense of it.

thumb up

I love the Cthulhu Mythos. It is very well done on a cosmologic level.

thumb up

Last edited by Astner on Oct 1st, 2016 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:49 PM
ghostman

This is incorrect. That aside, Solar can destroy/create multiverses with relative ease. How in the hell do you think Abraxas(who was beaten by multiversal destruction/recreation) stalemates him?

And do you not realize this is CURRENT Marvel? Abraxas hasn't been around since 2002.

ahh just realized this was current marvel.

what feats doe the cthulhu guys have that can match marvel? and current beyonder is omniversal, he beats solar.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:54 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

There is no current Beyonder -- there IS a current Owen, however. He was implied to be omniversal, yes, but until he is expanded upon more it's hard to say exactly where he sits.

So as of now, ONE character in all of Marvel *might*(key word) be able to beat Solar, but we can't say for sure one way or the other.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 09:58 PM
ghostman

There is no current Beyonder -- there IS a current Owen, however. He was implied to be omniversal, yes, but until he is expanded upon more it's hard to say exactly where he sits.

embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment my bad, i was thing of beyonder......

sorry, gin will do that to you laughing laughing

but overrall if you take in all of marvels history. id still say they were the most powerful. excluding current marvel except owen of course

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 10:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I would definitely put DC higher in terms of the sheer amount of 'all-powerful' beings in their history, but to each his own.

Just saying that there are some Indie companies out there that can give Marvel/DC a run for their money(to put it lightly.)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2016 10:04 PM