KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Is Wonder Woman's speed an overhyped myth??

Is Wonder Woman's speed an overhyped myth??
Started by: EcstaticGrace

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
EcstaticGrace

Is Wonder Woman's speed an overhyped myth??

I ask anyone who reads this topic, to put personal preference aside and actually consider the characters history and feats.

Most of her speed feats are in part due to the fact the character has to block things that would harm her.

These things typically tend to be bullets which characters as fast as Superman don't need to avoid.

This topic honestly came to thought because of a vs thread, where Noone was capable of showing superior speed on a personal note. All notable speed feats were scaling off characters. But how reliable is that? Do we assume the characters operating at maximum just for the benefit of Wonder Woman?

If anyone has anything concrete, please feel free to share.. personally I don't think it's accurate to suggest keeping up with Zoom suggest she's as fast..

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...ol-1844751/#113

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:03 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Wonder Woman is a real deal. She doesn't have any obvious weaknesses, has high levels of strength/speed/durability/skill, and possesses some of the most unfair trump cards in the comics (lasso, bracers, ...). She has the potential to defeat any herald.

Edit. Misread the title a bit. But no, her speed isn't overhyped either. She can often keep up with Superman, almost at least.

Last edited by Magnon on Dec 30th, 2016 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:12 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

She can change clothes real fast:

http://i.imgur.com/YcptStT.jpg

Eat real fast:
http://i.imgur.com/SFEG8Ht.jpg

Then there's the Shattered God feat:
http://imgur.com/a/5dOoi

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

What's her best sped feat though? should of been my question.

And how concrete are the feats where she's scaling off other characters?

The only time I ever seen her suggested as a peer to Superman in speed, was in the same run where the writer suggested Superman wasn't lightspeed.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:24 PM
EcstaticGrace is currently offline Click here to Send EcstaticGrace a Private Message Find more posts by EcstaticGrace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:27 PM
DarkSaint85

Pfft. Batman dodged Dr Light easily.

(please log in to view the image)

So yeah, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on that, lol.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:30 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ghostman

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
Faster than Superman

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...man_faster2.jpg

But Superman is slower than usual...?
http://static8.comicvine.com/upload...rica_014_28.jpg

stop using that crap scan to prove wonder woman is faster. in for tomorrow wonder woman tried blitzing superman with the intent to kill and he easily handled her. but when he blitzed her she got the shit smacked outta her. feats> statements made by biased writers

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:33 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by ghostman
stop using that crap scan to prove wonder woman is faster. in for tomorrow wonder woman tried blitzing superman with the intent to kill and he easily handled her. but when he blitzed her she got the shit smacked outta her. feats> statements made by biased writers

I thinks it's a writer thing. At the end of the day, I think personal Feats >> scaling off other characters. But I honestly just wanted to get other opinions on the matter.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:36 PM
EcstaticGrace

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Pfft. Batman dodged Dr Light easily.

So yeah, I wouldn't place too much emphasis on that, lol.

It just comes off as Light being a bad shot and not being able to see where Batman is.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:37 PM
DarkSaint85

It just comes off as Light being a bad shot and not being able to see where Batman is.

But he can tag something flying as fast as Superman (remember, they even remark on it, how Superman managed to get rid of Parasite without him activating his powers), yet can't hit Batman with BOTH beams? Bit contradictory there, hence, I wouldn't place too much on it.

Abhi will come in and say how Superman was at 50% power there, as well, as Vixen had been siphoning his powers.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:41 PM
EcstaticGrace

Lol

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:46 PM
carver9

Originally posted by ghostman

Scans.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:47 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

What's her best sped feat though? should of been my question.

And how concrete are the feats where she's scaling off other characters?

The only time I ever seen her suggested as a peer to Superman in speed, was in the same run where the writer suggested Superman wasn't lightspeed.

Her best is the Shattered God feat, IMO.

As to how concrete? Meh. Flash gets tagged by Deathstroke. By his Rogues - doesn't mean they are all as fast as he is.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:51 PM
ghostman

Originally posted by carver9
Scans.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:58 PM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Her best is the Shattered God feat, IMO.

As to how concrete? Meh. Flash gets tagged by Deathstroke. By his Rogues - doesn't mean they are all as fast as he is.

What's the Shattered God feat? and it's context? It sounds intriguing.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 06:58 PM
DarkSaint85

What's the Shattered God feat? and it's context? It sounds intriguing.

Context: it was a dark god from ages ago, shattered into a trillion trillion pieces (or whatever), then spread all over the galaxy - over Oa, edge of the universe etc).

All those pieces gets pulled together, back to Earth. Diana stops them.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 07:05 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Faster than Superman

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...man_faster2.jpg

But Superman is slower than usual...?
http://static8.comicvine.com/upload...rica_014_28.jpg

Superman was literally at half power there as Vixen had half of his powers.

Its one of the most baffling scenes to be routinely posted everywhere.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 07:05 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EcstaticGrace

Context: it was a dark god from ages ago, shattered into a trillion trillion pieces (or whatever), then spread all over the galaxy - over Oa, edge of the universe etc).

All those pieces gets pulled together, back to Earth. Diana stops them.

Really hard to say how fast she's going though in terms of mach.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 07:22 PM
bluewaterrider

Dr. Light can tag something flying as fast as Superman (remember, they even remark on it, how Superman managed to get rid of Parasite without him activating his powers) ...

Superman is noisy, clumsy, and obvious. Notice that the villains hear his approach before he appears on panel.

yet can't hit Batman with BOTH beams?

Batman is quieter, scarier, less predictable, and has the good sense to move AWAY from direct attacks.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 07:22 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Superman is noisy, clumsy, and obvious. Notice that the villains hear his approach before he appears on panel.

Batman is quieter, scarier, less predictable, and has the good sense to move AWAY from direct attacks.

So I can react to a noisy fighter jet barreling straight at me in a predictable path, but not to a mosquito?

Tell that to the many mosquitoes who whisper of me in hushed terms.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2016 07:25 PM