KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hercules vs. Captain Marvel (Billy )

Hercules vs. Captain Marvel (Billy )
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

Hercules vs. Captain Marvel (Billy )

This is Marvel's immortal Herc, the fight takes place in Manhattan,
No powers used for Billy other than strength and endurance, who wins?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:56 AM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

This is pre NUDC Cap.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:58 AM
lawest9 is online now! Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Herc might outfight him, but the power of Zeus (imo) infuses CM with more than 'Hercules level' strength., and cant be turned off, so that gives him an edge in strength.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 05:25 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

I don't know. People assume Billy more or less = to Superman which is false. He's an entire tier below him (at least). He's more WW (sans any upgrades like God of War) level.

I'm going with Hercules on this. Hell even if Billy used his lightening it shouldn't work on Herc. It was shown that even Mortal Herc is immune to it because of his connection to Zeus.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 05:58 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Uh no? Cap stomps.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 06:08 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop

I'm going with Hercules on this. Hell even if Billy used his lightening it shouldn't work on Herc. It was shown that even Mortal Herc is immune to it because of his connection to Zeus.

really? if so that's pretty cool. where was this shown

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 06:24 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I don't know. People assume Billy more or less = to Superman which is false. He's an entire tier below him (at least). He's more WW (sans any upgrades like God of War) level.

Unsure anout that second part; disagree with that first part.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 10:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Hercules is a tier below Captain Marvel as well. Superman is above Captain Marvel, but Cap is still closer to him than Superman.

I don't think that necessarily means anything for DC Zeus, at least for a forum fight without any precedence. Although that's not relevant as that was disqualified in the OP.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 11:06 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

traditionally, marvel was possessed of the strength of hercules. with the altered origin of his powers i don't know that he is any stronger. i'd need proof to believe he is. if not, their strength should be about even unless you think dc herc>>marvel herc, which i don't. again, if you do feel that way, i'd love to see proof to show the difference. if there are no other powers at play at all, i'd take herc simply because of the skill advantage. abc logic falls short in this case. all powers in play, marvel wins.

not sure where you get that herc is immune to lightning though zop--he's been ko'd at least twice i can recall by thor's lightning--maybe 3 times now that i think about it....

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:15 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Cap is a rival to Superman in strength. Hercules is a rival to Thor.

There is at least one level in between.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 01:58 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Sin I AM
really? if so that's pretty cool. where was this shown
Originally posted by leonidas
not sure where you get that herc is immune to lightning though zop--he's been ko'd at least twice i can recall by thor's lightning--maybe 3 times now that i think about it....

It was Mortal Hercules and he was fighting Storm and a few others. She blasted him with lightening and he just laughed it off saying " I'm a bit surprised, myself. But now that I think about it...what moron would try to tame the son of Zeus with fire from heaven? My father IS the lightning!"
Here we go, Hercules Spider Island -
http://tinyurl.com/jpawotc

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 02:24 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

It was Mortal Hercules and he was fighting Storm and a few others. She blasted him with lightening and he just laughed it off saying " I'm a bit surprised, myself. But now that I think about it...what moron would try to tame the son of Zeus with fire from heaven? My father IS the lightning!"

He was shown affected. Look at his face and body posture. Someone can smack the shit out of me and I feel the pain and then laugh it off. Doesn't mean I wasn't affected.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 03:16 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Captain Marvel often appears somewhat stronger and more durable than Hercules. Just on average.
For example, matching BA. BA is definitely stronger than Hercules through feats.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 03:20 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Is speed equalized?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 03:22 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Is speed equalized?
CM has his speed but no flying allowed for this match.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 09:16 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

He looked affected to me. Thor also got him off him with lightning in that classic fight

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 09:43 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Herc was also amped there, just saying.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 09:46 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by abhilegend
Cap is a rival to Superman in strength. Hercules is a rival to Thor.

There is at least one level in between.

meh, depends on how you view rival. cm/supes are rivals when they go head-to-head sure, but by feats supes is WELL above marvel. the same would likely be the case were superman in marvel and fought hulk, or thor. head-to-head they would likely be very close (as they appeared to be in the avengers/jla) but by feats it's not close (at least with thor). depends on where you place more stock--direct battles between them, or extraneous feats. i'd contend that if they fought directly there would be almost no difference between cm and herc (similar to thor and cm in dc vs marvel--the best, most accurately depicted battle in that silly series imo) in terms of strength even though cm likely has better feats (though holding the heavens is a good one....)

of course the OP says no other powers, but now he says cm has his speed so that would be enough advantage to give cm a vast majority, so, meh.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 09:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that wasn't standard herc though i don't think..... and tehre is still a lot more proof to suggest he CAN be harmed by lightning than the other way around. we'd need to see a later, more current depiction of him against lightning to see what marvel is really going for imo.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 09:54 PM
carver9

Originally posted by leonidas
meh, depends on how you view rival. cm/supes are rivals when they go head-to-head sure, but by feats supes is WELL above marvel. the same would likely be the case were superman in marvel and fought hulk, or thor. head-to-head they would likely be very close (as they appeared to be in the avengers/jla) but by feats it's not close (at least with thor). depends on where you place more stock--direct battles between them, or extraneous feats. i'd contend that if they fought directly there would be almost no difference between cm and herc (similar to thor and cm in dc vs marvel--the best, most accurately depicted battle in that silly series imo) in terms of strength even though cm likely has better feats (though holding the heavens is a good one....)

of course the OP says no other powers, but now he says cm has his speed so that would be enough advantage to give cm a vast majority, so, meh.

At the end of the day, this is all just your opinion. Not facts but your opinion.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 18th, 2017 09:57 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote