KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Countdown Orion Vs WW 3 Black Adam

Countdown Orion Vs WW 3 Black Adam
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Countdown Orion Vs WW 3 Black Adam

Same Orion who blasted away the JLA like they were nothing and killed Darkseid.

WW 3 Black Adam. Who wins?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:05 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Adam most likely.

Granted, this berserker Orion certainly *seemed* like he was far above the likes of Superman+Flash+Kyle+Donna, given how casually he gestured them away:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...But I don't think that alone is enough to put him above a guy who steamrolled through FAR more. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:14 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Adam wins. Punching through Darkseid isn't very impressive.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:15 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Adam most likely.

Granted, this berserker Orion certainly *seemed* like he was far above the likes of Superman+Flash+Kyle+Donna, given how casually he gestured them away:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

...But I don't think that alone is enough to put him above a guy who steamrolled through FAR more. /shrug

Pulling a heart out of a chest as durable as Darkseid's is an INSANE feat of strength, though. MUCH more impressive then breaking an arm.

Orion should be strong enough to rip Adam's arms right off, going by that feat.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:26 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Orion was able to kill Darkseid due to the whole father/son/prophecy dynamic that existed between them -- not because he was legitimately more powerful or w/e.

It is akin to Drax killing Thanos in that sense.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 7th, 2017 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:29 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

^ Orion was able to kill Darkseid due to the whole father/son/prophecy dynamic that existed between them -- not because he was legitimately more powerful or w/e.

It is akin to Drax killing Thanos in that sense.
No, it isn't. He didn't have specific silver bullet enclosing in his DNA. Also Orion already fulfilled the prophecy in new gods. It isn't the same thing at all. Doomsday already easily broke Darkseid much easier while resisting his omega effect. Superman also made him tap out in apokolips now in a fair one on one fight. Darkseid is just a peer to these guys.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:34 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Again:

I know this because the comic said so. smile

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 03:34 AM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

LOL. He literally says he's fulfilling the prophecy in the scan you posted.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 04:53 AM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quan has a point though. Prophecy fullfilling doesn't usually mean extranormal abilities.

You could tell Drax was Thano's Kryptonite because he was actually glowing green before he killed him. As far as we know, Orion was always strong enough to rip Darkseid's heart out of his chest, and the prophecy wasn't granting him abilities towards that end, but simply confirmed someday, it was gonna happen.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 04:58 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As seen in DotNG, the father/son/prophecy dynamic also entails a power-equalizing element. That's how Orion was able to defeat Soulfire Darkseid, for example.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 06:09 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

I thought it was because Orion had somehow started to tap into the same power source. The source seemed to cite his make up being similar to DS seeing as he's the son. *shrug*

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:05 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

As seen in DotNG, the father/son/prophecy dynamic also entails a power-equalizing element. That's how Orion was able to defeat Soulfire Darkseid, for example.
Orion tapped into the same power. There's context so don't try to mislead. Drax had the silver bullet encoded into his DNA. Orion has never been described in this manner in relation to Darkseid.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 02:20 PM
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Orion

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 04:05 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by cdtm
Quan has a point though. Prophecy fullfilling doesn't usually mean extranormal abilities.

You could tell Drax was Thano's Kryptonite because he was actually glowing green before he killed him. As far as we know, Orion was always strong enough to rip Darkseid's heart out of his chest, and the prophecy wasn't granting him abilities towards that end, but simply confirmed someday, it was gonna happen.

Always strong enough? You do realize they have fought many times before this right? Orion never looked this good

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 04:35 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Prophecy/destiny shouldn't detract from actual feats. Now if the prophecy was very specific and stated that Darkseid will have bouts of weakness whenever he battles his son, that's something.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 05:14 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Prophecy/destiny shouldn't detract from actual feats. Now if the prophecy was very specific and stated that Darkseid will have bouts of weakness whenever he battles his son, that's something.
Exactly my point. With Drax it was pointed out but this false comparison without actual proof is just reaching.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 05:16 PM
-K-M-

Darkseid didn't even die there regardless. Since Orion was being backed by the source he could "kill" him
-----
Spectre kills Darkseid in combat, but little did Spectre know is DS is protected by the Source and revives him as he is important to the universe being the “negative charge” in it. It’s also revealed if Spectre was successful in killing DS, he in turn would become Darkseid himself

1. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/...ctre19V4-08.jpg
2. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/...ctre19V4-09.jpg
3. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/...ctre19V4-10.jpg
4. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/...ctre19V4-12.jpg

Last edited by -K-M- on Feb 7th, 2017 at 05:27 PM

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 05:23 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
I thought it was because Orion had somehow started to tap into the same power source.
The father/son/prophecy dynamic between them is what allowed Orion to tap into the same power source as Darkseid, and equalize their powers:
http://i.imgur.com/D5xJzay.jpg

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 05:44 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

The father/son/prophecy dynamic between them is what allowed Orion to tap into the same power source as Darkseid, and equalize their powers:

👍

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 06:54 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yes, and this only applies to death not the countdown battle. He wasn't stealing any power at the point Orion took him. He was standard Seid.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 07:38 PM