KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darth Vader vs. Psylocke

Darth Vader vs. Psylocke
Started by: Smurph

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smurph
------

Darth Vader vs. Psylocke

Current versions of both (so, post-Legends).

They start .5 km apart in Central Park. No other people are present.

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 01:22 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

this is actually a really cool match up. my guess is most don't really know current betsy. i've only seen a few appearances of hers so i'm not sure exactly what her capabilities are. there are versions that could take him--the ones with uber tp and tk. standard betsy is almost a mirror of vader in many ways. be cool seeing her psy sword against the lightsaber.

without some of betsy current feats it's a tough call. very good match up though. thumb up

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 12:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Wait a minute, Psylock is a good fight for Vader but Vader can beat one of the most powerful being on the planet? KMC!!!

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 01:10 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

This is an interesting fight with their power sets and weapons being kind of similar.

Psylocke seems to have different power variations and power levels every time I pick up an X-Men comic. Sometimes she's quite powerful, but last I saw her she was threatening Medusa with her sword and Medusa knocked her out with a hair fist... or something. Classic Psylocke would lose but later versions would definitely be in there.

But I'm still going to go with Vader for a majority. He's a badass in the SW comics (plus he's just a way cooler classic character who doesn't need "upgrading" every 12 months or so in an attempt to be relevant). Characters like Psylocke are a bit too variable for my liking in these fights.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 01:46 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute, Psylocke is a good fight for Vader but Vader can beat one of the most powerful being on the planet? KMC!!!

Yes, but Batman lost to Shiva, Carver.
He can't claim the #1 spot anymore.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 02:46 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

as usual carv is carv. hulk simply has no defense for an airway choked off by tk. he can't punch or hit it. betsy, otoh, can match his tk. if she can't, she'd die too. some iterations of her would beat standard vader BECAUSE her tp/tk are superior, others would lose. her sword wouldn't be as effective against hulk as a physical saber would be though.

some match ups are just bad for one side. not very complicated.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 03:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Wait a minute, Psylock is a good fight for Vader but Vader can beat one of the most powerful being on the planet? KMC!!!

Is this the first time you've ever read comics?

Metallo is a good fight for Superman, one of the highest of heralds.

I bet a mere high meta would thrash him.

Simple logic.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 04:22 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Gonna have to go with Psylocke. As far back as the 1990s she was taking on and defeating the likes of Sabretooth and Omega Red, despite the fact the latter could kill people practically at will. She just played tricks with Red's mind, making him THINK what he was doing was what he in fact was not; helpless to understand without explanation. That was over 20 years ago.
I can only imagine what she's doing now.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: X-Men #7
Writer: Jim Lee
Penciller: Art Thibert
Circa: 1992

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 04:24 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Is this the first time you've ever read comics?

Metallo is a good fight for Superman, one of the highest of heralds.

I bet a mere high meta would thrash him.

Metallo versus Magneto, DC!

Make it happen!

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 04:30 PM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by leonidas
this is actually a really cool match up. my guess is most don't really know current betsy. i've only seen a few appearances of hers so i'm not sure exactly what her capabilities are. there are versions that could take him--the ones with uber tp and tk. standard betsy is almost a mirror of vader in many ways. be cool seeing her psy sword against the lightsaber.

without some of betsy current feats it's a tough call. very good match up though. thumb up
Yeah, later versions of Betsy seem directly inspired by Jedi - like when she blends her tp and tk into her fighting, and to amp her physical abilities. Her fights against Sabretooth and Berserker Logan are also probably fine reference for the arguments about Vader vs Logan.

I suspect Betsy has higher highs with telepathy, but I dunno how Vader's resistance stacks up. This fight might come down to a psi-blast.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 10:18 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by leonidas
as usual carv is carv. hulk simply has no defense for an airway choked off by tk. he can't punch or hit it. betsy, otoh, can match his tk. if she can't, she'd die too. some iterations of her would beat standard vader BECAUSE her tp/tk are superior, others would lose. her sword wouldn't be as effective against hulk as a physical saber would be though.

some match ups are just bad for one side. not very complicated.

And this is where comic knowledge come into play. Hulk faced Jean (who had the force in her) and she TK lifted him in the air and he broke out with pure strength. Fought Cable who's TK was nothing to him and he fought Xman who admitted he was nothing to the Hulk and who's TK failed against him. Vader isn't doing crap to him with the force.

Wrong thread for this...sorry smurph.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:38 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 10:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Composite Vader??

He's willed himself back from death, by sheer willpower used the force to restore himself after Cycli shut down his life support systems, etc. His willpower should be strong enough to withstand her TP, the only Telepath who ever dominated him was Sidious

Vader shreds her with TK, unless she has some advanced feat like dominating thousands of minds or something

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Mar 9th, 2017 at 10:39 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 10:35 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Vader is more skilled

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 11:02 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I don't know much at all about Psy, but the fact that this battle is in Central Park could potentially help Vader tremendously -- gives him a TON of objects to throw her way. Keep in mind that even post-Legends Vader has some pretty impressive TK showings. Here is an example:
*It's hard to tell in that gif, but Vader was actually lifting two AT-ST Walkers there.

OR the objects in his vicinity could provide him with additional means to shield himself from attacks -- in a manner similar to this:
http://i.imgur.com/gdz4Yzd.jpg

I have no clue who wins(as I said, I'm totally ignorant when it comes to Psy), but Vader could do well against most in this setting, imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 9th, 2017 at 11:29 PM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2017 11:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Originally posted by Galan007
I don't know much at all about Psy, but the fact that this battle is in Central Park could potentially help Vader tremendously -- gives him a TON of objects to throw her way. Keep in mind that even post-Legends Vader has some pretty impressive TK showings. Here is an example:
*It's hard to tell in that gif, but Vader was actually lifting two AT-ST Walkers there.

OR the objects in his vicinity could provide him with additional means to shield himself from attacks -- in a manner similar to this:

I have no clue who wins(as I said, I'm totally ignorant when it comes to Psy), but Vader could do well against most in this setting, imo.
thumb up

Psylocke has specific feats of tk shields:
http://i.imgur.com/IGZGRVu.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zUmtF8c.jpg

And then others of running on shrapnel:
https://p.dreamwidth.org/7b284564d5...com/2q0v90p.jpg
http://imgur.com/1hizVuc

But the bigger question, IMO, is if Vader can resist this kind of psi-assault (Archangel was amped here):

http://imgur.com/CHdnrEH
http://imgur.com/z3B7kSq

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 06:41 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

that's the version that took out fantomex. when charlie and phoenix jean weren't able to do that.... i'd give that version the win. a later version was handling cassandra nova too, no?

i think her tk in most forms could prevent her being battered by vader, but his tp resistance is a question for me. i wonder too if she could use her own tk to take apart his armor, or much with the systems.... this is still a tough call.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 07:45 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Smurph
But the bigger question, IMO, is if Vader can resist this kind of psi-assault (Archangel was amped here):

http://imgur.com/CHdnrEH
http://imgur.com/z3B7kSq
Doubtful that a legitimate case can be made for him. Vader is quite limited in the TP department.

It would seem this may potentially come down to Psy's TP vs. Vader's TK..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 10th, 2017 at 08:18 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 08:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, most likely, though there are a couple versions of her that have pretty uber tk as well. in a book it would def come down to teh psy blade vs the saber though. that's what the fans would pay to see. me included. thumb up wonder who would be more skilled with a blade? prolly vader but it would be fun to see.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 08:37 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Galan007

didn't Vader start casually throwing huge boulders at rebel ships in Vader Down? I think I also recall him stopping Han from stepping on him with an AT-AT.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 08:48 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I don't know enough about Vader, but from what I've seen he probably has more overt use of Force/TK than Betsy does, although she certainly has a lot of implied power: http://i.imgur.com/PqoIoLf.jpg

And obviously his lightsaber has more destructive power than her psychic knife or tk blades, but a solid strike from either of them should mean a KO: http://i.imgur.com/dZALQgC.jpg

Plus, since it's made out of TK, I imagine that her blades could block a saber?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2017 09:26 PM