KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Alan Scott Vs Hal Jordan

Alan Scott Vs Hal Jordan
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

Alan Scott Vs Hal Jordan

(please log in to view the image)

No prep.
No BFR.
Classic versions/no amps.
Who really is the #1 GL?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Alan would son him. But powerwise, best vs best I would say they are equals.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:23 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

https://m.imgur.com/NlguqbQ

Alan has jammed his ring before, I assume he could do it again.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:28 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Alan is sooo much better

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:38 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Alan Multiversal of the Green Vs Hal God of will would be a good fight, but Hal is probably a tier above him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:40 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Sin I AM
Alan is sooo much better

Personality or power?

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:40 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

So, sonned on skill?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:42 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Hal is #1 for majority of time

Old Post Dec 19th, 2017 10:59 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Personality or power?

both. ...i just like the way alans powers work as opposed to hals. even though hal may pack more punch. personality wise its no contest.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 12:23 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I have a soft spot for Alan too. All the JSA old guard, really.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 04:34 AM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Using the only test that matters:

Batman talks shit to Hal Jordan all the time. As he does Superman, Guy, Spectre..

Batman has never, ever messed with Alan Scott. And he's had opportunities.

When you're the guy Batman knows better then to mess with, you've got my vote. thumb up

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 12:53 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

thumb up

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 01:01 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by cdtm
Using the only test that matters:

Batman talks shit to Hal Jordan all the time. As he does Superman, Guy, Spectre..

Batman has never, ever messed with Alan Scott. And he's had opportunities.

When you're the guy Batman knows better then to mess with, you've got my vote. thumb up

Thats...not bad! eek!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 01:20 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Assuming no special amps, and the versions specified, the main difference between the two of them is power v. versatility. There are esoteric feats Hal has (and frankly, Kyle too) that Alan doesn't. But Alan's top-end power feats are > other GLs, though the gap is smaller between him and other tier 1 GLs like Hal. Hal possesses equivalent or better power feats, but it's been under some sort of significant amp, like when he decked Alan (and others) as Parallax.

In a head-to-head fight, this difference matters. Because in a tourney where you'd probably prefer, say, 80% of the raw power of Alan, but 40% more versatility feats, in a fight between the two, the esoteric stuff drops off a bit, because it's reasonable to assume Alan can at least counter it, and will eventually make it about raw willpower. And in that regard, he has few to no equals in comics. It's a variant on the same reason Thor gets drafted in tourneys more than Superman, despite the fact that Kal would beat him straight-up.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:16 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Digi, did you just try to say Alan has more willpower than Hal?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:26 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi
Assuming no special amps, and the versions specified, the main difference between the two of them is power v. versatility. There are esoteric feats Hal has (and frankly, Kyle too) that Alan doesn't. But Alan's top-end power feats are > other GLs, though the gap is smaller between him and other tier 1 GLs like Hal. Hal possesses equivalent or better power feats, but it's been under some sort of significant amp, like when he decked Alan (and others) as Parallax.

In a head-to-head fight, this difference matters. Because in a tourney where you'd probably prefer, say, 80% of the raw power of Alan, but 40% more versatility feats, in a fight between the two, the esoteric stuff drops off a bit, because it's reasonable to assume Alan can at least counter it, and will eventually make it about raw willpower. And in that regard, he has few to no equals in comics. It's a variant on the same reason Thor gets drafted in tourneys more than Superman, despite the fact that Kal would beat him straight-up.

Disagree, Hal has at least as good feats of power as Alan. And Alan has himself said Hal has no equals when it comes to willpower.

Thor is a different type of character than Superman. He may be more popular in tournaments but when it comes to being the top dog, Superman is almost always going to beat pretty much everyone.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:26 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by abhilegend
Disagree, Hal has at least as good feats of power as Alan. And Alan has himself said Hal has no equals when it comes to willpower.

Thor is a different type of character than Superman. He may be more popular in tournaments but when it comes to being the top dog, Superman is almost always going to beat pretty much everyone.

Agreed on willpower, not on power feats. It's close, but I think Alan's are better.

There's no "may" about it with tourney popularity. Thor's basically the most successful character in tourney history, on balance. I did say he loses to Supes 1-v-1 though, so I don't think we're in any disagreement.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Digi, did you just try to say Alan has more willpower than Hal?

Mm, that may not be the exact way it should be phrased. So no, I wouldn't make this claim. But I do think his best raw power feats trump Hal's (sans amps). Doesn't mean his willpower is greater, necessarily, but I do think it would be the deciding factor in this (very, very close) fight.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:32 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^Thanks for the input, Digi.

I may take that back though, if you inadvertently turned this into an abhi/Superman thread with your comments above. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:37 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by riv6672
^^^Thanks for the input, Digi.

I may take that back though, if you inadvertently turned this into an abhi/Superman thread with your comments above. stick out tongue

Yeah, I realized my error, but it was too late. You have my apologies.

wink

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:40 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Digi
Agreed on willpower, not on power feats. It's close, but I think Alan's are better.

There's no "may" about it with tourney popularity. Thor's basically the most successful character in tourney history, on balance. I did say he loses to Supes 1-v-1 though, so I don't think we're in any disagreement.

Not really. The same guy who wrote most of Alan's better feats wanked Hal to hell and further.

Krona buster remains the strongest energy blast from any herald, even godblast.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2017 02:45 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote