KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » uatu invades hell

uatu invades hell
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

uatu invades hell

and mephisto wants him dead. can the watcher beat mephisto in hell?

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 09:53 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Nope.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:09 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hmm, i dunnno man. there was some intimation that odin would be able to beat him. maybe rage knows what i'm talking about. it was during the arc where odin's soul was in the bag....and ghost rider also beat maephsito not too long ago. that was zarathos iirc (some of those gr's were hard to keep track of...) i'd put uatu in odin's category personally--maybe even slightly above. not sure who takes this tbh. it's close though imo. very very close.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:29 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Odin>uatu

Old Post Jan 30th, 2018 10:45 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, i dunnno man. there was some intimation that odin would be able to beat him. maybe rage knows what i'm talking about. it was during the arc where odin's soul was in the bag....and ghost rider also beat maephsito not too long ago. that was zarathos iirc (some of those gr's were hard to keep track of...) i'd put uatu in odin's category personally--maybe even slightly above. not sure who takes this tbh. it's close though imo. very very close.

I agree. I'd put Uatu in Odin's category (more or less), I think Starlin did too. The thing is, various writers have repeatedly mentioned that Hell Lord's are near omnipotent in their realms.

Remember that infamous scene where Mephisto catches Mjolnir, melts it to slag, then recreates it and throws it at Thor? People have stated that it was just an illusion but like I said before, he FOR SURE caught the hammer because it was in his hand the whole time he was talking to Thor. Even if you want to debate the slagging/recreating of the hammer, the fact that he caught it really isn't debatable. Zeus himself couldn't hold the hammer more than a split second and even this tiny feat shocked Thor. Mephisto had a whole conversation with Thor while he had Mjolnir in his grip. That's a monstrous feat IMHO.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 01:30 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by zopzop
I agree. I'd put Uatu in Odin's category (more or less), I think Starlin did too. The thing is, various writers have repeatedly mentioned that Hell Lord's are near omnipotent in their realms.

Remember that infamous scene where Mephisto catches Mjolnir, melts it to slag, then recreates it and throws it at Thor? People have stated that it was just an illusion but like I said before, he FOR SURE caught the hammer because it was in his hand the whole time he was talking to Thor. Even if you want to debate the slagging/recreating of the hammer, the fact that he caught it really isn't debatable. Zeus himself couldn't hold the hammer more than a split second and even this tiny feat shocked Thor. Mephisto had a whole conversation with Thor while he had Mjolnir in his grip. That's a monstrous feat IMHO.

I'm pretty sure that in a couple of his encounters with Thor Meph has said that within his own realm he's NEARLY as powerful as Odin.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 02:12 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm pretty sure that in a couple of his encounters with Thor Meph has said that within his own realm he's NEARLY as powerful as Odin.

And later writers have state Hell Lords are near omnipotent in their realms. Talk is cheap. big grin

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 02:46 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by leonidas
maybe rage knows what i'm talking about.

Rage's Odin is TOAA level...

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:05 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Uatu watches as he gets slaughtered lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:13 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Mephisto is not all powerful in his realm

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:29 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

And later writers have state Hell Lords are near omnipotent in their realms. Talk is cheap. big grin

And Odin's been stated as nigh omnipotent also. So yeah... 'bout the same level lol

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:28 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Didn't Galactus beat the 'omnipotent' Mephisto in his own realm rather decisively..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Galan007
Didn't Galactus beat the 'omnipotent' Mephisto in his own realm rather decisively..?

He 'beat' him by attempting to eat his realm. Prior to that, they were fighting on even terms.
Originally posted by darthgoober
And Odin's been stated as nigh omnipotent also. So yeah... 'bout the same level lol

This is what Mephisto thinks of Odin's most powerful enchantments :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Like I said, slagging and recreating Mjolnir isn't the feat here, lots' of people have destroyed the hammer. The feat is shitting all over Odin's enchantments : a) returning to Thor's hand and b) the "worthiness" clause.

For comparison's sake, here's classic Zeus vs Odin's enchantments :
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)
Thor is amazed Zeus was even able to halt it for an 'instant'.

This is someone, who according to THor, Odin 'counts as his equal' :
(please log in to view the image)

Later writers like Starlin agree :
(please log in to view the image)

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 03:53 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

He 'beat' him by attempting to eat his realm. Prior to that, they were fighting on even terms.
That's exactly my point. If Meph couldn't beat Galactus in his own realm, then we should probably stop acting like he's this omnipotent/unbeatable entity there. He's Galactus-level on a good day.

And for what it's worth, Odin has also given Galactus a damn good fight. So if the consensus is that Uatu is Odin-level, then I'd say the chances of him beating Meph are 50/50, tbh. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 31st, 2018 at 04:29 PM

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 04:26 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by Galan007
That's exactly my point. If Meph couldn't beat Galactus in his own realm, then we should probably stop acting like he's this omnipotent/unbeatable entity there. He's Galactus-level on a good day.

And for what it's worth, Odin has also given Galactus a damn good fight. So if the consensus is that Uatu is Odin-level, then I'd say the chances of him beating Meph are 50/50, tbh. thumb up

Difference is, Uatu isn't a warrior and has very few fights under his belt. Odin, Galactus, even Mephisto aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and they have a history of brawls to their names.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 05:15 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Monies on Uatu. Mephisto is overrated

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 06:56 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Adam Warlock has beaten Mephisto in his realm. So has Thor.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 07:21 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by abhilegend

This guy knows his stuff

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 07:23 PM
zopzop
The Weeknd

Originally posted by abhilegend

Adam had the Soul Gem.

Regarding the fight with Thor, we've seen Mephisto one shot heralds outside his realm before and punk entire teams of heroes. He's also known to throw fights to get what he wants later.

The Birds, Part 2.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 07:37 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

surfer has flat out overpowered mephisto too, but in the mephisto v the avengers series he was pretty uber. this is hard to say. uatu handled the rogue watcher aron by EXACTLY getting his hands dirty. that was a pretty awesome display of power from both watchers.

honestly i'm leaning towards a split here. that was also a hungry galactus that stalemated mephisto iirc....

Old Post Jan 31st, 2018 07:52 PM