KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Game: Match and exceed - tiers version

Game: Match and exceed - tiers version
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Game: Match and exceed - tiers version

So..

Rules.

For reference:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t447826.html

I will post a feat.

The next poster will have to post a feat as close to that as possible, from a character in the same tier. Then, he can either choose to post another scan exceeding the previous two, and the next poster will have to match that, or he can use another ability of the character he's representing to shift the discussion in that direction. Any ability goes, but to keep it fun, try to make them more generic, so that we don't narrow it down too much.

Example:
I post Alfred lifting a table.
You post Jarvis lifting approximately the same weight and a scan of Jarvis either lifting something heavier than a table or a Jarvis speed feat.
If you post a speed feat, the next poster will have to match that speed feat [using a character of the same tier], and either then post a scan upping it, or move to durability feats, and so on.

Once a character's feat has been posted, nobody else can use that specific character for the remainder of the thread, until the cycle starts again. If somebody shows Thing lifting 95 tons, and somebody else shows Namor lifting 100, neither Thing or Namor can be used for the remainder of the cycle.

If we run out of characters in the current tier, we move to the lowest we can from the next one, while still within the rules of match/exceed. It's better to move on, than to post "meh, not really matching it" so keep that in mind.

Once we reach the end, we'll start again.

quote the post you're responding to.

There will be 0 debating, even if you disagree that the feat was matched or not.

The purpose is to stay as close to the previous poster as possible, even if your decision is to up his previous feat. So if, using the previous example, Jarvis has lifted a car, try not to use that as a feat, but rather a tire or something.

I will start:

(please log in to view the image)

Catwoman catching a falling person by her whip.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 10:29 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Electra saves Catwoman from falling to death by catching Catwoman and supporting Catwoman's weight via Catwoman's own whip.

With one hand.

Source: Marvel versus DC #3
Circa 1996

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 10:02 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

If you are unable to read, think or follow the rules, please refrain from posting.

You've moved two tiers up (Catwoman = low street, Elektra = high-street), and you didn't even post a follow-up feat for the next poster to match.

Next poster, please ignore bluewaterrider (in general..)

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 01:51 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Black Widow grabbing a man that appears to be mid 200 in weight and toss him over her head as if he was nothing.

Come back ft...

I am staying within the same tier. Natasha rips the arm of a robot off with ease.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 02:13 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

thumb up exactly like that, carver

I'll let somebody else post the response to yours and if not, I'll do so.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 02:18 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Electra

. . .

I see you spelling her name one more time like that and I swear I'm gonna eat you.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 02:20 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Electra saves Catwoman from falling to death by catching Catwoman and supporting Catwoman's weight via Catwoman's own whip.

With one hand.

Source: Marvel versus DC #3
Circa 1996

Good scan, BWR. I'd forgotten about that matchup.
In the grand scheme, theyre both just hot street levelers, which is why they got paired up in the book, so nice call. smile thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 07:28 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by riv6672
Good scan, BWR. I'd forgotten about that matchup.
In the grand scheme, theyre both just hot street levelers, which is why they got paired up in the book, so nice call. smile thumb up

Thanks, Riv.

I wondered if Phil forgot he CAN'T be quoted in the conventional way on this board because of the special character in his name, and that anyone not in the know about him or why this is so might think he was pranking them and just move on. Then again, I suspect he can't have that much respect for the rules if he's member bashing like he tried to do with me, which is explicitly against them.

Nevertheless, I think the overall thread idea is a good one, and am curious to see how it develops.

Having exceeded Selina's feat of strength, I'll switch categories to Catwoman's fight prowess against a much stronger and tougher opponent, in this case, the superhuman Barbara Minerva, a.k.a. the Cheetah:

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Source: Catwoman #78, Volume 2.
Circa: 2002-2004

I'll present a street level fighter matching or exceeding this showing myself if no one has an answer for it.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 09:17 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by carver9
Black Widow grabbing a man that appears to be mid 200 in weight and toss him over her head as if he was nothing.

*skip

Come back ft...

I am staying within the same tier. Natasha rips the arm of a robot off with ease.

*skip*

Ok carver.

Unusable characters from the low-street tier up until now:
Catwoman
Black Widow

Staying in the same tier..

Batroc kicks open a vault door:

I'll switch it up to speed. Batroc dodges arrows from Hawkeye:

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 10:51 PM
riv6672

quote:
Thanks, Riv.

Welcome.

quote:
wondered if Phil forgot he CAN'T be quoted in the conventional way

Pretty sure it doesnt bother hom after all this time.

quote:
Nevertheless, I think the overall thread idea is a good one, and am curious to see how it develops.

Well, threads go where they go, or so i've been told here when i try and steer any of my threads in the direction i want them to go.
Right now this is about street levelers, i'm not going to tryvand differentiate high-medium-low. They're frikkin' street level.

Hawkeye dodges bullets.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 10:39 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cyclops clears a pool table.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 10:42 AM
Supermutant

quote:
I'll switch it up to speed. Batroc dodges arrows from Hawkeye:

White Tiger tags the speedster Blue Streak:
(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Striking Power Hurts a Herald:

Last edited by Supermutant on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 12:30 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 12:22 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

^^^already did that with Hawkeye dodging bullets numbnertz.

Aaaaaanyway, matching Blue Streak w. Joystick tagging Speed Demon:

Strikinga herald w. striking the FF:

Last edited by riv6672 on Mar 2nd, 2018 at 06:05 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:53 AM
riv6672

switching to skill.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:57 AM
Philosophía

Originally posted by Supermutant
White Tiger tags the speedster Blue Streak:

Striking Power Hurts a Herald:

Unusable characters from the low-street tier up until now:
Catwoman
Black Widow
Batroc
White Tiger

Hm. I will switch up a tier.

I choose Wildcat.

Hurts [and eventually defeats] Solomon Grundy:

Switching it up to durability.

Takes a blast from a Magog [i.e. trans-ish]:

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 05:55 PM
riv6672

switching to skill.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2018 10:47 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Please, stop trying to derail the thread. It's bad enough you picked an example that doesn't even fit the OP, but spamming just makes it worse.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 12:49 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by riv6672

How the Hell did every ball go strait in with no bank!?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 02:06 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by darthgoober
comic book logic

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 03:09 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by darthgoober

^^^spatial awareness.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Please, stop trying to derail the thread. It's bad enough you picked an example that doesn't even fit the OP, but spamming just makes it worse.

Okey dokey thumb up

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2018 05:39 AM