KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » How fast is Thor?

How fast is Thor?
Started by: krisblaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
krisblaze

How fast is Thor?

How fast do you think Thor is?

There seems to be two trains of thought, one being that he's practically peak human and the other that he is FTL.

More than a long winded debate where Abhi eventually defecates on the sidewalk outside Rage's trailer I'm just curious as to how fast people consider him?

Perception and movement I suppose, with and without Mjolnir.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 03:29 PM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Fast enough to land a shot, not fast enough to be the difference maker in his favor.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 03:31 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Significantly slower than quicksilver in perception/reflexes.

Roughly around wolverine or at best spiderman levels. Even Marvels editorial places him there.

He has blocked bullets and caught mortar shells and such. He has never done more complex, lengthy tasks like build/repair an entire city or town in seconds.

At best I remember a silver age feat where he built a little fort/tower with bricks really quickly by himself, but even that was implied to have taken some time, at least a few minutes. Still a super humanly fast feat.

He may have fights with Gladiator who has legit ftl reaction feats but fights with speedsters means little by itself in comics. Even the x-men would be ftl if that were all it took, Batman too.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 03:44 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Jane Thor has a complex speed feat.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 03:48 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Even the x-men would be ftl if that were all it took, Batman too.
I don't get what you're implying here with Bats

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 03:49 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Jane Thor has a complex speed feat.

She moved fast enough to melt a scalpel. Super sonic level stuff.

Nothing better than odinson's tower building feat.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Mar 10th, 2018 at 03:56 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 03:52 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I don't get what you're implying here with Bats

That if fights with high end speedsters in comics were all the evidence it took to be considered that fast then Batman's list of accomplishments are likely well up there with Thor.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 03:55 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by CosmicComet
That if fights with high end speedsters in comics were all the evidence it took to be considered that fast then Batman's list of accomplishments are likely well up there with Thor.
But you're implying Batman ISN'T ftl. And I can't wrap my head around that being the case.

He's a bad example to use imo.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:15 PM
darthgoober

He's pretty fast. I think I remember he was fighting Firelord in front of a bunch of people and the people thought there was an earthquake or something that was causing all the damage because they couldn't see the combatants.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:19 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

noone should ever use Wayne as an example except to troll

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Fast enough to land a shot, not fast enough to be the difference maker in his favor.

but this is correct

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:20 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

This reminds me of the MANY MANY Thor speed debates on CBR.

Some there tried to act like he was this massive FTL speedster, that he could react to Superman, etc

It was adorable. I think we ended up settling on "between Spiderman and Quicksilver" levels of speed.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:25 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Didn't he dig a ditch at superspeed?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by darthgoober
He's pretty fast. I think I remember he was fighting Firelord in front of a bunch of people and the people thought there was an earthquake or something that was causing all the damage because they couldn't see the combatants.

I was wrong about the crowd thinking it was an earthquake, but their fight was happening too fast for the crowd below to see...

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...2MDY2Mg==/?ref=

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:39 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Didn't he dig a ditch at superspeed?

You mean this feat?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's funny cuz, due to the CBR arguments, I knew exactly what he meant. It was Thor digging the ditch, but notice the "almost faster than mortal eyes can see".

Not that impressive, but impressive for Thor.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You mean this feat?

(please log in to view the image)

There's this one too and I personally find it a little more impressive since he digs the ditch around a crowd that includes Quicksilver(who's already in motion)...

http://photobucket.com/gallery/user...2NDY5MQ==/?ref=

celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Thor is not a speedster the same way let's say Mangog is not one either. However, every now and then they have showings that are far beyond a human's ability to move. But like I said, they won't be zipping around in super speed as if they all of a sudden gained powers from the speed force. That's not their thing.

celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wasn't Thor among a whole group of people Quicksilver blitzed in House of M? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wait no I think the House of M thing didn't have Thor, but it had Spider-Man. This was because of debates where people said in fights Spidey had tagged Quicksilver, in order to show when he gets seriously he can bltiz Spidey easily.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:51 PM
darthgoober

Originally posted by Surtur
Wasn't Thor among a whole group of people Quicksilver blitzed in House of M? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Very possible, his speed is definitely not consistent by any stretch of the imagination and the scan where he hems up Quicksilver an the rest is from an era where Pietro wasn't as fast. But still, if we're looking at Thor at his best, he's still pretty freaking quick and outside realm of even the best street level guys IMO.

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 10th, 2018 at 04:55 PM

Old Post Mar 10th, 2018 04:51 PM