KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dream Girl vs Midnighter

Dream Girl vs Midnighter
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dream Girl vs Midnighter

Was sure this was done already, but I can't find it in the archives.

Amalgamation Dream Girl. N52 MN.

Who wins?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 12:31 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

MN was messed up from Dick Grayson and his Hypnos implants...Dream Girl wins.!

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 03:16 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Oh yeah, Midnighter gets dream woven for sure.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2018 07:09 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

*Bump*

To prove she can use her powers in combat:

In one of the LOSH's (I think Threeboot), these two psychic warriors who can predict 5 seconds into the future were ruining Val Armorr's day. Who, as everyone knows can keep ahead of Ultra Boy in speed mode.

Dream Girl beat them by virtue of seeing something like 13 seconds ahead.

Midnighters power takes data to calculate outcomea, and acts "like" precog. Dream Girls actually IS precog, and needs no input at all. Nothing to analyze, she'll map out your day with her "magic".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 12:33 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, yeah, Mids can predict the outcome of a fight, but sometimes that outcome is, he’s gonna get ass kicked.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 12:48 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

dunno about new52 midnighter

wildstorm midnighter was capable of fighting herald level character himself, ridiculous feats like drop kick a tank shell back at the tank after it was fired, if he is allowed to use the door I'm def goin with him

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 12:49 PM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's my point, Riv. Mids fake prediction gets trumped by "real" prediction. smile

If computer brain works like this: "If I do this, this, or this, he does that, that, or that. I win."

A real precog would trip that up, because they won't do any of those things.

Basically, if Mids is Gary Kasparov, then Dream Girl is Captain Kirk after he reprogrammed the unbeatable test. I'm not saying she can't lose, but computer brain vs future prediction, my vote is the one that KNOWS what happens, vs the one that PREDICTS based on DATA.

Last edited by cdtm on Jul 11th, 2018 at 12:59 PM

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 12:54 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

DG was trained by Karate Kid. Of the legionares she is secomd in H2H skill only to Val with Jecky and maybe Brin close behind. Sje jas had good combat showings vs the likes of pursuader. Now while Doors could benefit Mids since she is the only Legionare to use a flight ring to several times simulate TK in battle that should counter.

Mids best chance is to drag the battle out until there are too manu possible futures for her to see narrow down the exact one (ironically that woulf be when battle computer gets more accurate with more input)

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:05 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

It's not always written like that, just to point out.

Here, another explanation is that he works backwards from a desired result:

(please log in to view the image)

So it's not so much prediction based on data, more like him forcing an outcome that he wants (i.e. his victory).

Which is a subtle difference. He's basically given himself plot writing powers. 'I want cdtm to say the words Iron Fist, so I will ask him what Danny Rand's super hero name is.'. This is different from 'I know, out of all the hundreds and thousands of superheroes out there, which one cdtm will name based on his posting history and historical likes/dislikes'.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:10 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Again, he can -try- that, sure.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:14 PM
DarkSaint85

thumb up am just clearing up some potential misconceptions.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:16 PM
riv6672

heh, jfwy, man! wink

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:30 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

What has she actually accomplished in regards to non precog based feats? I see that she's trained by Karate Kid, but unless she can do superhuman stuff despite not being superhuman like KK does, I would think she'd have a hard time hurting Midnighter and he could just wear her down outlasting her. But that's assuming she can't really hurt him(I really wouldn't know as when I have seen her in any version she wasn't fighting).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:48 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Delta1938
What has she actually accomplished in regards to non precog based feats? I see that she's trained by Karate Kid, but unless she can do superhuman stuff despite not being superhuman like KK does, I would think she'd have a hard time hurting Midnighter and he could just wear her down outlasting her. But that's assuming she can't really hurt him(I really wouldn't know as when I have seen her in any version she wasn't fighting).

She beat guys Val Armorr could not.

And remember, Val is "a ringer". His skills are all about "anti-herald level" abilities. Being trained by him makes you super human in all but name, if you're a good student.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 01:51 PM
Senor Cage

Midnighter wins. I can't recall DG beating anyone on his level.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 04:40 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you consider Val Armorr "on his level"?

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 07:53 PM
Senor Cage

She never beat Val

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 08:02 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not what I asked.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 08:23 PM
Senor Cage

Current Val isn't on Mid's level.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 09:08 PM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Midnighter wins. I can't recall DG beating anyone on his level.
persuader ????

Old Post Jul 11th, 2018 10:16 PM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote