KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Hulk vs Silver Surfer ~ Battle Comparison

Thor vs Hulk vs Silver Surfer ~ Battle Comparison
Started by: Philosophía

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Thor vs Hulk vs Silver Surfer ~ Battle Comparison

So.

Excluding the rock-paper-scissors that seems to be happening between them....

Which one has the best record, in general, among common opponents?

Does anybody have the patience to go through this? lol

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 04:36 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Thor. I knkw it may not seem like that at first. But there is several instances of Thor fighting entire armies of trolls, giants,demons etc in various wars that his father or Loki started.

So Thor has killed thousands and thousands of "common" opponent's.

But on panel? Probably Hulk because Marvel loves to wank him.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 04:43 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I expect the answer to vary with opponents, which is why I want to get a bigger picture and start looking through everything.

That's why I asked if somebody has the patience.

So..alphabetically?

A...bomination first?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 04:51 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I gotcha now.

Abomination-the only instance I know of is Thor like one ir two pieced Abom years and years ago.

Not sure if Surfer has recently or not. There are several versions of Abom though.

And I doubt I heven have a fraction of comic book knowledge as some on here but I will try to help when I can.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 06:57 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I'm trying to gather a 'gang' do really do this properly.

Does anybody want to provide the scans for Hulk's battles?

This won't be a 'debate' in any way, just a presentation, so leaving out context (like, in the current character, Thor one shotting Abomination due to going through a loop of events and hitting him unexpectedly) is something that won't be accepted.

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 12th, 2019 at 07:01 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 06:57 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I'm going with Thor because of how he has generally faired better than Surfer against Galactus (afaik).

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 07:07 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I think Philo wants a break down of how they faired against the same opponents. Like all 3 fighting Abomination, who looked better. All 3 fighting Ben Grim, who looked better. Namor, Wonderman. Think he wants it in alphabetical order.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 07:11 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

1. Abomination

Hulk vs Abomination:

1st fight [when Abomination is stronger]:
https://imgur.com/a/7x9D6tx

2nd fight [when Abomination was put to Hulk's level]:
https://imgur.com/a/fZmuHNX

...which leads directly to... [as in, the actual next comic he appears in]

Silver Surfer vs Abomination:
https://imgur.com/a/X7OXO87

[SS expanded power beforehand, and his power was getting back to him]

...which leads directly to...[again, actual next comic]

Thor vs Abomination
[I included multiple scans for context -- in short, the Abomination fools Thor at first into thinking he is a friend, then at the end when Thor realized he's been fooled, he time-manips to the initial moment, and KOs Abomination who was trying to fool him]:
https://imgur.com/a/Y4mSCIH

...and in the following story...Hulk vs Abomination again [you might get the pattern, here], where A-bomb is put in a coma for 2 years:
https://imgur.com/a/EgfXm5p

And when he wakes up they fight again and:
https://imgur.com/a/nNkvrZk

I could go on with Hulk's fights with him but all of the above take place in the space of 5 years, one after another, with the same 'version' basically, so it's easier to paint a picture based on that.

So, not to talk to myself here [seriously, I don't want to go thorugh all 3 of them, since it's a lot of wark gathering the scans so... Hulk fans? I PMd Damborg for Thor] -- thoughts on the above before we move on to the next?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 08:15 PM
Darth Thor

Interesting. I suggest listing who theyve all first, then anyone can look up and compare the fights.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 08:15 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hulk just curbed Abomination not too long ago. I dont know if we are just using classic showings or ALL showings.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 08:37 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Phil.

Don't call Emil "A-Bomb", please.

Other than that, good job on the initial post thumb up Hopefully Bran will join soon.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2019 09:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

I'm on it thumb up

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 07:18 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Hulk
Thor
Surfer

Hulk has outright overpowered Kree Star Wheel which was draining Silver Surfer, Dr Strange and Namor and they couldn't do anything to it.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 07:36 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Damborgson
I'm on it thumb up
Perfect thumb up

Originally posted by abhilegend
[B]Hulk
Thor
Surfer

Hulk has outright overpowered Kree Star Wheel which was draining Silver Surfer, Dr Strange and Namor and they couldn't do anything to it.
Just fights against common opponents abhi [i.e. all 3 having separate fights with the same person] -- nothing to do with feats/debates.

And I'd also like it to be step-by-step [structured], that's why I wanted to go alphabetically, one by one character.

----

So..
Abomination
Doom?
Drax?
Iron Man?
Loki?
Namor?
Storm?
Wonder Man?
Vision?

We should make a list, and then go through it.

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 13th, 2019 at 08:11 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 07:57 AM
Philosophía

After we finish this part [all 3 of them against the same], we could also make it characters that at least two of the three have fought. [i.e. for example Durok, Firelord etc.]

So first, let's update..

3-way list [feel free to add and then we move on to posting scans]

Abomination
Doom
Drax
Iron Man
Loki
Namor
Red Hulk
Storm
Super Skrull
Thanos
The Thing
Wonder Man
Vision

Last edited by Philosophía on Aug 13th, 2019 at 08:22 AM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 08:13 AM
DarkSaint85

Do you want streets? Wolverine, as an example (especially as he's actually created as a Hulk foe), or is that too skewed in terms of a look how awesome street tiers are against heralds!!'

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 08:59 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Anybody.

But Wolverine hasn't fought Surfer Iirc, so he goes into the next category we'll go through.

Spiderman has, though, so he'll go in the 3-way one.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 09:00 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Philosophía
After we finish this part [all 3 of them against the same], we could also make it characters that at least two of the three have fought. [i.e. for example Durok, Firelord etc.]

So first, let's update..

3-way list [feel free to add and then we move on to posting scans]

Abomination
Doom
Drax
Iron Man
Loki
Namor
Red Hulk
Storm
Super Skrull
Thanos
The Thing
Wonder Man
Vision

Gladiator and Thanos I think.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 10:56 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Dont think Surfer fought Gladiator in a canon comic. Thor and Hulk have though. Hulk haven't fought Thanos yet. Small encounters but nothing major.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 11:32 AM
Philosophía

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Gladiator and Thanos I think.
In my post after that, I added Thanos. Gladiator hasn't fought Surfer in continuity, afaik.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2019 11:46 AM