KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Strange Visitor Superman vs TOBA Hulk

Strange Visitor Superman vs TOBA Hulk
Started by: deft

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deft

Strange Visitor Superman vs TOBA Hulk

Who wins

Last edited by deft on Oct 29th, 2019 at 11:45 PM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 11:38 PM
deft is currently offline Click here to Send deft a Private Message Find more posts by deft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Who or what is TOBA Hulk?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 11:46 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

An alt future hulk that was possessed by TOBA and ate a lot of alt cosmic characters.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 29th, 2019 11:47 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
An alt future hulk that was possessed by TOBA and ate a lot of alt cosmic characters.

Based on?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 12:31 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Stoic
Based on?
What? Did you not read the most recent two issues of Immortal Hulk? Which part are you disputing?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 12:32 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrMind

SV Superman stomps, spite thread

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 12:34 AM
MrMind is currently offline Click here to Send MrMind a Private Message Find more posts by MrMind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by NemeBro
What? Did you not read the most recent two issues of Immortal Hulk? Which part are you disputing?
He's disputing the fact that it's an alternate future... Even though it very clearly IS. That's how Marvel cosmology is laid out: future events = alternate events by default.

And to further drive that point home: right now, in current publication, we have witnessed two completely different renditions of Marvel's 'end', in two completely different titles: "Immortal Hulk", and "History of the Marvel Universe".

In the IH issues, [TOBA] Hulk is the last being remaining at the end of all things, and he had already killed Franklin Richards and Galactus billionS of years prior:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Yet in HotMU, it is Franklin and Galactus who are the final beings remaining at the end of all things, and will usher in the next cosmos:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

IOW, even current Marvel is giving us two completely different takes on how the existing creation ends... So which 'end of all things' do we go by? Or should we do the more logical thing and assume they are both taking place in alternate futures(which, as I said, is already an established concept in Marvel)..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 03:22 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I've read the issues yeah, though I ask if it functionally makes a difference? Would you consider the Franklin he ate for example to be representative of the one whose feats we had seen up to at least current Marvel?

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 03:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's basically a What If that's showing us what happens in 'x' alternate timeline when Hulk reigns supreme at the end of things. Could the Franklin in that timeline be just as powerful as he is in mainstream 616? Absolutely. Is there any way to know for sure? Not really(unless it's clarified in subsequent issues or w/e.)

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 30th, 2019 04:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Genii96

I don't see why Franklin wouldn't be as strong tbh, they are both alternate futures that originate from the same 616 universe, unless it was stated that Franklin list power in one of those aktwebate futures

Old Post Oct 31st, 2019 10:34 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

But we don't know HOW he did it, which makes it suspect as a battle feat.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2019 05:40 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Well he did reach out and eat the source of Galactus' power like a bag of chips. Do you really want to go that route DS? Despite all of the hype surrounding a few characters with very few combat feats that are touted as beings of great power. Or, maybe Franklin packed a suitcase and decided to willingly jump right into TOBA's mouth?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2019 09:38 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

The route I am going is consistent with how the forum treats future versions of characters.

How do we know, for example, that Superman 1M can likely do what Current Superman can? We are explicitly told and shown his power level (iirc he even recreated Lois etc from DNA).

What about Old Man Logan? He's explicitly the same (up to a specific point) as Current Logan - but he's older, slower, weaker. Doe we give him the same feats as Current? No.

Do the Franklin and Galactus that TOBA ate get the same feats? Are they a S1M or an OML? We cannot say.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2019 10:26 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

We go with what we've seen and read. He said he killed them all. We see that he is easily able to destroy planets. I'm pretty sure that this didn't have to be explained to you right?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2019 07:34 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Based on?

Based on that it's a future that takes place "eons from now," i.e. it's a future that has not yet taken place.

(please log in to view the image)

From Immortal Hulk #24.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 03:09 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Astner
Based on that it's a future that takes place "eons from now," i.e. it's a future that has not yet taken place.

(please log in to view the image)

From Immortal Hulk #24.

Did you read Galan's scan. My question stemmed from the scrutiny that several posters attempted to place on TOBA. They attempted to invalidate the idea that TOBA was extremely powerful, while not placing the same level of scrutiny on several other questionable characters. Even being an alternate future doesn't give anyone reason to allude to the idea that the beings that he killed were any weaker than the original ones are.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 10:42 PM
DarkSaint85

We go with what we've seen and read. He said he killed them all. We see that he is easily able to destroy planets. I'm pretty sure that this didn't have to be explained to you right?

So we didn't see anything from the characters he killed, gotcha.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 10:56 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Doesn't give you the go ahead to invalidate him killing them, or imagining them to be weaker than their 616 selves of the past. We did see him devour the entity that made Galactus, Galactus. He killed it with ease.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 11:00 PM
DarkSaint85

Doesn't give you the go ahead to invalidate him killing them, or imagining them to be weaker than their 616 selves of the past. We did see him devour the entity that made Galactus, Galactus. He killed it with ease.

Nor does it give you the go ahead to imagine them being the same or stronger. As I said, we don't know if they became stronger (S1M) or weaker (OML).

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 11:04 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Nor does it give you the go ahead to imagine them being the same or stronger. As I said, we don't know if they became stronger (S1M) or weaker (OML).

Sure it does until stated otherwise . I never said stronger. I said the same.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2019 11:05 PM