KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can Superman replicate Cosmic Thor feat

Can Superman replicate Cosmic Thor feat
Started by: AlbertoJohnAvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can Superman replicate Cosmic Thor feat

Switch Thor with Superman

Can Superman tank a planetary blast from an AMPED Galactus unscratched just like Thor did

What condition is he in after

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 02:35 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

There are a couple of showings that suggest he'd be fine.

So Hawkman hits him with the planet:
http://i.imgur.com/ECpFJGC.jpg

Let's go bigger. A Sun eater:
https://imgur.com/a/48Qjd

Or a black hole (a big one):
http://i.imgur.com/nBH6Uuo.jpg

But here, he got hit by EM radiation from an explosion that was 50 times the size of Kepler's supernova, AFTER being weakened by red sun radiation:
https://imgur.com/a/5fpnT

Before you jump on me, remember I said he got hit by the EM rads - I KNOW he didn't get hit by the expanding ball of radiation behind it.
And BEFORE anyone jumps on me and says aha! double standards with Gladiator and his son!!! Remember we are actually shown what happens, as opposed to just Kid Glads saying it.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Apr 9th, 2020 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 02:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
There are a couple of showings that suggest he'd be fine.

So Hawkman hits him with the planet:
http://i.imgur.com/ECpFJGC.jpg

Let's go bigger. A Sun eater:
https://imgur.com/a/48Qjd

Or a black hole (a big one):
http://i.imgur.com/nBH6Uuo.jpg

But here, he got hit by EM radiation from an explosion that was 50 times the size of Kepler's supernova, AFTER being weakened by red sun radiation:
https://imgur.com/a/5fpnT

Before you jump on me, remember I said he got hit by the EM rads - I KNOW he didn't get hit by the expanding ball of radiation behind it.
And BEFORE anyone jumps on me and says aha! double standards with Gladiator and his son!!! Remember we are actually shown what happens, as opposed to just Kid Glads saying it.

Then there's non planetary attacks like the recent Red Cloud, this is while he's "stronger" than he was?

This is why I don't play the scaling game because all attacks aren't alike. Some hurt or don't hurt because because they have certain properties that prevent that from happening.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 02:56 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

No, he can not.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 02:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Then there's non planetary attacks like the recent Red Cloud, this is while he's "stronger" than he was?

This is why I don't play the scaling game because all attacks aren't alike. Some hurt or don't hurt because because they have certain properties that prevent that from happening.

And Cosmic Thor was hurt by a random alien carrying a rock in the same comic. Writers can be incredibly inconsistent.

But to answer your question, based on certain showings, yes, Superman CAN tank it and be fine.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 03:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

And Cosmic Thor was hurt by a random alien carrying a rock in the same comic. Writers can be incredibly inconsistent.

But to answer your question, based on certain showings, yes, Superman CAN tank it and be fine.

He wasn't "hurt" just surprised

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 03:16 PM
DarkSaint85

He wasn't "hurt" just surprised

He was knocked out of the sky, brought to his knees, and lost his hold on Mjolnir. A guy who tanks planetary blasts from an AMPED Galactus unscratched shouldn't even register it.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Apr 9th, 2020 at 03:45 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 03:43 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

he wasn't worried about the planet killing him it was because it was the type of planets these are supposed to to be planets with op artifacts an energy

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 03:51 PM
DarkSaint85

Irrelevant.

The ape things clearly hurt him. Which is my point. Writers are inconsistent.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 04:02 PM
carver9

he wasn't worried about the planet killing him it was because it was the type of planets these are supposed to to be planets with op artifacts an energy

I don't think the planet being destroyed matters. Its who the attack is coming from that matters. Example, this attack hurt Superman Prime and it appears to be nuke like. Make a thread asking if Superman could tank this and let's see what people responses would be.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...108-zxbscst.jpg

The Galactus attack above would kill Superman. The planet explosion isn't what to worry about, its Galactus power that is in play here and he was using a lot of it during this scene.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 04:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

Irrelevant.

The ape things clearly hurt him. Which is my point. Writers are inconsistent.

he wasn’t knocked out of the sky. Stop it:

How about you post the whole page......

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:02 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

This whole run, he’s been having issues lifting and Wielding Mjolnir.....we have seen this several times.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:03 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
I don't think the planet being destroyed matters. Its who the attack is coming from that matters. Example, this attack hurt Superman Prime and it appears to be nuke like. Make a thread asking if Superman could tank this and let's see what people responses would be.

https://static.comicvine.com/upload...108-zxbscst.jpg

The Galactus attack above would kill Superman. The planet explosion isn't what to worry about, its Galactus power that is in play here and he was using a lot of it during this scene.

Irrelevant - but even IF you wanted to argue that point....

Here is Emperor Joker. Who was pissed off at Superman:

https://imgur.com/a/vTiS6

Sure, Joker's isn't out to kill him. But even a love tap from him is pretty powerful.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:06 PM
carver9

Its funny that people cling to one showing about a story but ignore Superman getting koed by a gas station in DOS Superman and Doomsday failing to kill a shield less Booster Gold (there's more inconsistencies) and still put Dos Doomsday at a high tier. Bias is a man's best friend

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:06 PM
DarkSaint85

he wasn’t knocked out of the sky. Stop it:

How about you post the whole page......

He's floating above the ground. And was knocked out of his hovering flight, onto the ground, and lost his grip on Mjolnir, and was on all fours. My point still stands.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:07 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by carver9
Its funny that people cling to one showing about a story but ignore Superman getting koed by a gas station in DOS Superman and Doomsday failing to kill a shield less Booster Gold (there's more inconsistencies) and still put Dos Doomsday at a high tier. Bias is a man's best friend

Please stop trolling. I am saying that writers are inconsistent.

Carver, shut the phuck up lol. I was replying to Alberto when he used a low showing.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:07 PM
xJLxKing

Holly crap
The level of denial from two trolls
I don’t know how you do it DS

The level of hypocrisy is laughable, it really should be a bannable offense when it’s so obvious. I get pretending it doesn’t exist and going off to other threads to troll
But to try and pull this... ****ing joke

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:15 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's floating above the ground. And was knocked out of his hovering flight, onto the ground, and lost his grip on Mjolnir, and was on all fours. My point still stands.

So now you wanna move the goal post.....you literally just said “he was knocked out of the sky” I show you the full page so you move the goal post. You have no point it’s a weak lowball and you continue to leave out context.

laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:16 PM
DarkSaint85

What goalposts am I moving?

Was he hurt by the aliens, yes or no?

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:25 PM
carver9

What is JL King even talking about? Post a counter or leave the thread. What I said made perfect sense. Collateral damage doesn't equal power output. Anyone who knows anything about comics should know this.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2020 05:25 PM