KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Replace Hulk in these fights!!

Replace Hulk in these fights!!
Started by: DarkSaint85

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

Replace Hulk in these fights!!

Ok, so we magically replace Hulk with Wolverine in each of Hulk's fights. Their opponents all fight as they did when they fought Hulk, i.e. if they traded blows with Hulk, they trade blows with Wolverine.

How far does Wolverine get, assuming his opponents all fight the way they do against Hulk? So they don't go intangible (if they can), or stay 2 miles away and spam energy blasts etc. Imagine their most famous fights with Hulk in your head, but now with Logan.

1. Captain America
2. Namor
3. Abomination
4. Thing
5. Rulk (not the latest hour of power version, but back when he could absorb powers; when Hulk was fighting him)
6. Thor (who isn't staying on the other side of the globe and spamming lightning strikes etc, but is fighting like usual, up close and personal. No, against Nul isn't normal).
7. WWH Sentry

I'd put Gladiator but....he's been stabbed.

Where does Logan stop?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:17 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

He should really stop at Namor going by common sense of just their powerset but...it's Logan so...

I think he puts Abom down but Ben clobbers him. Yeah, he gets to 4, possibly 5.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:34 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Replace Hulk in these fights!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
How far does Wolverine get, assuming his opponents all fight the way they do against Hulk?

So... basically... you want them all to bend over and receive numerous direct hits from adamantium claws, yes? Especially Sentry?

That's the point of this thread?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:41 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Well....I mean.....Hulk has some of the best fight records in comics.

I want to see what happens if someone similar (massive damage output, HF, no flight or energy attacks or superspeed) can do in his shoes.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:48 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Wolverine is too deadly tbh. You can even add Mongul, Kalibak, Damage, etc... and have them fight like they were portrayed in comics and he would still stomp and fsr easily than most Heralds. Wolverine is just that haxxed.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 02:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So Wolverine would be herald level iyo?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 03:19 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

The big difference is that Hulk uses blunt force while Wolverine uses cutting/piercing, suspension of disbeliefe might let you buy that Cap can get pummeled by Hulk over like 2-3 pages but not really getting dismembered by Wolverine over the same length.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 03:41 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Wait...so he gets hit with the same punches and he gets the same hits that Hulk got in on them?
Because anytime Hulk punched any of them in the face would be a one shot for logan

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 03:43 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Wait...so he gets hit with the same punches and he gets the same hits that Hulk got in on them?
Because anytime Hulk punched any of them in the face would be a one shot for logan

Lots of CIS and PIS in Hulk's fights, I agree.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 03:53 PM
carver9

You could replace them with any of the heros villains. Thor, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hulk etc... if they are fighting anywhere close to the way they fought any of the heros i mentioned above and they can be cut and doesnt possess a crazy healing factor, Wolverine is beating them.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Last edited by carver9 on Jun 24th, 2020 at 04:05 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 03:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Please stop mentioning other characters unless they have showings against the ones named here in canon admissible comics, please.

I get some of you are super salty, but please not here. I want to avoid the usual DC suspects in here, so let's make mine Marvel please.

Last edited by DarkSaint85 on Jun 24th, 2020 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 04:04 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Precisely.

And Thing, fyi, got his ass handed to him by Logan numerous times. He's like the worst choice here.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 04:48 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Worst choice for a slugfest, I agree. But then, arguably, getting into a slugfest with Hulk is also the stupidest thing to do.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 04:50 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Worst choice for a slugfest, I agree. But then, arguably, getting into a slugfest with Hulk is also the stupidest thing to do.
I agree but still
Originally posted by Parmaniac
suspension of disbeliefe might let you buy that Cap can get pummeled by Hulk over like 2-3 pages but not really getting dismembered by Wolverine over the same length.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 04:51 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

If characters don't fight smart against Wolverine they usually would or actually end up like in the What if... where Wolverine is a Hydra Agent.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 04:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Or in any other What if involving Wolverine, lol.

Those bubs get snikted.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 05:01 PM
DarkSaint85

Sounds like PIS, really. For the sake of plot, Cap can fight the Hulk for 2-3 pages etc.

But that's why it's a gauntlet. Surely there's a point where slugging it out will stop being effective?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 05:02 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Ok, so we magically replace Hulk with Wolverine in each of Hulk's fights. Their opponents all fight as they did when they fought Hulk, i.e. if they traded blows with Hulk, they trade blows with Wolverine.

How far does Wolverine get, assuming his opponents all fight the way they do against Hulk? So they don't go intangible (if they can), or stay 2 miles away and spam energy blasts etc. Imagine their most famous fights with Hulk in your head, but now with Logan.

1. Captain America
2. Namor
3. Abomination
4. Thing
5. Rulk (not the latest hour of power version, but back when he could absorb powers; when Hulk was fighting him)
6. Thor (who isn't staying on the other side of the globe and spamming lightning strikes etc, but is fighting like usual, up close and personal. No, against Nul isn't normal).
7. WWH Sentry

I'd put Gladiator but....he's been stabbed.

Where does Logan stop?

your order is weird...thing should be 2, Namor 3, Abom 4. He shouldnt beat Namor...but he potentially could, wont get past Abom but makes him works for it and has no chance against Rulk etc

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 05:12 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Even in a pure slugfest?

And Thing was where he was just based on the sheer number of fights he's had with Hulk. But sure we could bump things around.

I assume he would have no chance against Thor and WWH Sentry either then? Assuming they all fight as they do against Hulk.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 05:18 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Even in a pure slugfest?

And Thing was where he was just based on the sheer number of fights he's had with Hulk. But sure we could bump things around.

I assume he would have no chance against Thor and WWH Sentry either then? Assuming they all fight as they do against Hulk.

wait...so his claws are sheathed?

Old Post Jun 24th, 2020 06:17 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote