KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Second Coming Rogue vs super skrull

Second Coming Rogue vs super skrull
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Second Coming Rogue vs super skrull

Rogue from one of my all-time fave arcs--second coming. Rogue with the powers of colossus, wolverine (bone claw) archangel, psylocke and x-23. how's she do against the combined power of the ff?

Old Post Jan 31st, 2021 03:20 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Hypothetically, she'd do pretty well. She was up against bad matchups the whole time in Second Coming: Bastion, Nimrod, etc. They are specifically made to adapt to mutant powers, so we didn't necessarily see her full potential there.

Here she could shine a bit more.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 04:01 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

She'd need to get through the Skrull's forcefields. Her only option for that is Psylocke's telepathy, which should be sufficient. With the combined healing of X23 and Wolverine, and Colossus's durability, she should withstand enough hits to be able to mind blast down the Skrull.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 04:37 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Unclear if Rogue-locke’s TP could bypass the shield but it would be very unlike Skrull to hide behind a shield the whole fight.

I think Rogue could do well. She just needs to close the distance but between Colossus and the healing factors she should be able to take some hits to do that.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 04:58 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well, i'm pleasantly surprised i didn't see the bubble in the brain trick called on immediately. lol that said, i suppose it is a reasonably viable tactic that he has used. maybe he wouldn't go for it right away, but if she goes for a tp assault, i wonder if he could fight it off long enough to use that attack?

not sure HOW it would go if it came to h2h/ close quarters. her healing would keep her pretty safe, but his malleable form would make it hard to hurt him. a nova blast would certainly get her attention, but she'd survive it for sure. ultimately, if may HAVE to come down to a tp shut down, or a brain bubble. be very tough for them to put each other down some other way. this would be a really cool battle in a book methinks.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 02:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Skrull hypnotizes her thumb up

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 02:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Could happen but that would need them to close on each each and she’d likely be using tp as well.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 02:50 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Psylocke's TP is Rogue's only chance. Strength is about even but durability, speed, and sheer offensive output (Sue's FF and Johnny's flame) all favor SS by a LOT.

If her TP can't get through his shields, SS wins 10/10.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 04:46 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

Yeah when I posted before I hadn’t considered how Reed’s powers would be a hard defence against the claws...

Rogue could be in trouble.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2021 04:49 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

it def comes down to whether or not the tp could either incapacitate ss or slow him down enough to give her a chance to take him physically.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2021 12:14 AM