KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hal v Mogo

Hal v Mogo
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Hal v Mogo

mogo gets loads of lip-service from people and the corps. but hal is widely considered by....everyone to be the greatest, most powerful of the lanterns. let's say hal is....very determined to take mogo down. can he win in a battle against the living planet?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 04:26 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Hal.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 04:29 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
mogo gets loads of lip-service from people and the corps. but hal is widely considered by....everyone to be the greatest, most powerful of the lanterns. let's say hal is....very determined to take mogo down. can he win in a battle against the living planet?

Kyle with Hal's ring was about to destroy Mogo by accident.

And Mogo doesn't just gets lip service, he is ****ing powerful.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 07:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

well of course he is--the corps repeatedly say he is the most powerful. but not powerful enough that he can't be almost accidentally killed by hal's ring.... which scales nicely for you. thumb up

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 08:35 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

https://i.imgur.com/D4tQANe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uetpAOu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uJ8c5fy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ASW0duH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/f6nH25f.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e8NtpSj.jpg

It shows you how far above even top-tier Lanterns Hal is, when Kyle barely managed to control his ring/willpower initially(and that was AFTER Hal had literally willed his ring over to him.) Additionally, the ring actually started asserting Hal's will into Kyle's own consciousness.

...Never mind the fact that Kyle almost indirectly blew apart HQ/Mogo just trying to contain the power of Hal's ring.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 08:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

now this is a serious question--how do you reconcile the fact that hal's ring (assuming you take john's comment at face value) has enough power to 'accidentally' destroy mogo, yet hal himself was treated like a child by orion? that would mean--literally--that orion is many times more powerful than hal, who is orders of magnitude more powerful than mogo.... how does any of that make any sense? blink

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 09:47 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Hal.

Originally posted by Galan007
https://i.imgur.com/D4tQANe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uetpAOu.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/uJ8c5fy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ASW0duH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/f6nH25f.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/e8NtpSj.jpg

It shows you how far above even top-tier Lanterns Hal is, when Kyle barely managed to control his ring/willpower initially(and that was AFTER Hal had literally willed his ring over to him.) Additionally, the ring actually started asserting Hal's will into Kyle's own consciousness.

...Never mind the fact that Kyle almost indirectly blew apart HQ/Mogo just trying to contain the power of Hal's ring.
thumb up

Hal has become so powerful over time that he makes even Kyle, who is legit the second most powerful, look like a noob, lol.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 20th, 2021 11:36 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

now this is a serious question--how do you reconcile the fact that hal's ring (assuming you take john's comment at face value) has enough power to 'accidentally' destroy mogo, yet hal himself was treated like a child by orion? that would mean--literally--that orion is many times more powerful than hal, who is orders of magnitude more powerful than mogo.... how does any of that make any sense? blink

Hal has been compared to a guardian now in power and guardians outright said that new gods are more powerful than them.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:51 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

well of course he is--the corps repeatedly say he is the most powerful. but not powerful enough that he can't be almost accidentally killed by hal's ring.... which scales nicely for you. thumb up

I'm sorry but this petulance is just juvenile.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:53 AM
DarkSaint85

Because comics?

The times, they are a-changing, Leo.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 02:29 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by abhilegend
I'm sorry but this petulance is just juvenile.

yeah, probably, but it serves to illustrate the...absurdity of what you're trying to say. there is no way to reconcile it. the only way to do it (as regards orion for example) is to say when he met hal it was a terribly low feat for hal, or that orion is...far and away more powerful than a guardian. it simply doesn't track.

there have ALWAYS been inconsistencies in comics--highs and lows--but it feels more and more like HIGH FEATS are being viewed as the norm when it used to be that high feats were recognized for what they are. problem with that thinking is it leads to absurd conclusions like orion>>>a skyfather. it makes having rationale discussion almost impossible. but maybe rationale discussion is a thing of the past in the forum. /shrug

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 02:53 PM
DarkSaint85

Which the New Gods are meant to be?

I mean, like you said, this isn't even Orion's best feat. So not sure what the madness is about

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:00 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

yeah, probably, but it serves to illustrate the...absurdity of what you're trying to say. there is no way to reconcile it. the only way to do it (as regards orion for example) is to say when he met hal it was a terribly low feat for hal, or that orion is...far and away more powerful than a guardian. it simply doesn't track.

there have ALWAYS been inconsistencies in comics--highs and lows--but it feels more and more like HIGH FEATS are being viewed as the norm when it used to be that high feats were recognized for what they are. problem with that thinking is it leads to absurd conclusions like orion>>>a skyfather. it makes having rationale discussion almost impossible. but maybe rationale discussion is a thing of the past in the forum. /shrug

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Orion has literally 72 appearances in New 52 (Wonder Woman series in 2011 was retconned as false memories and Mr Miracle was shown as an alternate reality).

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category...th)/Appearances

If we remove that, he has barely 30-35 appearances in the last decade where he

Stalemated Superman
Completely stomped Hal
Completely stomped Mogo
Is outright stated to be more powerful than Guardians
Destroyed a solar system just by shockwaves of his fight

How's this supposed to work, we pretend that these don't matter and Orion is just as powerful as before, because?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:03 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

It sounds the power creep makes you uncomfortable. Understandably so, I guess.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:07 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

In comparison

In 60 years and across more than a thousand issues Odin has barely two or three galactic level feats, yet he is widely considered a galaxy level character and premier skyfather.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/odin/4005-3507/

More than 2000 issues and Surfer has barely half dozen planetary feats, yet he is considered the highest herald. Don't start on the black hole level surfer lol.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/silver-surfer/4005-2502/

These forums were always slanted towards high feats, don't kid yourself.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:08 PM
Philosophía

How's this supposed to work, we pretend that these don't matter
Yes. We're in 2009. What are you, a time traveller?

Abhi created a treadmill confirmed.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:09 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Philosophía
Yes. We're in 2009. What are you, a time traveller?

Abhi created a treadmill confirmed.

Silver Surfer solos with a black hole in the brain, amirite?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:12 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Orion has literally 72 appearances in New 52 (Wonder Woman series in 2011 was retconned as false memories and Mr Miracle was shown as an alternate reality).

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Category...th)/Appearances

If we remove that, he has barely 30-35 appearances in the last decade where he

Stalemated Superman
Completely stomped Hal
Completely stomped Mogo
Is outright stated to be more powerful than Guardians
Destroyed a solar system just by shockwaves of his fight

How's this supposed to work, we pretend that these don't matter and Orion is just as powerful as before, because?

They're called high ends for a reason, he's not consistently portrayed at that level. Surfer IS, that's the big difference. Stop being bias towards marvel, it's getting old

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:15 PM
AlbertoJohnAvil is currently offline Click here to Send AlbertoJohnAvil a Private Message Find more posts by AlbertoJohnAvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Silver Surfer solos with a black hole in the brain, amirite?

Obviously. Marvel chars need 1 statement from a random mini series or 2 feats in 60 years.

DC chars need at least a decade of high showings and even then, it would still be irrational thumb up

You and your agenda abhi! I see what you are doing!

Last edited by Philosophía on Feb 21st, 2021 at 03:18 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:16 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
They're called high ends for a reason, he's not consistently portrayed at that level. Surfer IS, that's the big difference. Stop being bias towards marvel, it's getting old

laughing out loud
Originally posted by Philosophía
Obviously. Marvel chars need 1 statement from a random mini series or 2 feats in 60 years.

DC chars need at least a decade of high showings and even then, it would still be irrational thumb up

You and your agenda abhi! I see what you are doing!

Of course. Thor is as strong as Superman, Surfer is faster than Superman with Kryptonite radiation coming out of his ass and GLs are just iron man level. Darkseid? Jubilee level.

Wow, I'm getting hang of it.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2021 03:19 PM