KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » What to do when viruses invade WINDOWS?

What to do when viruses invade WINDOWS?
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

What to do when viruses invade WINDOWS?

Yeah, im having virus trouble. I previously started a thread somewhat like this but this is a little different. I have like a bazillion virus programs and they detect things and all but my computer is slower than a damn slug if it were trying to travel around the United States and back. It constantly locks up too. Norton pops up every once in a while and tells me I have a trojan virus in different files and some of them are in windows (it shows the file locations) but WHAT CAN I DO if I cant delete stuff in windows? My brother's computer is beyond fast and Ive tried transferring some of his programs to mine but it doesnt work properly. I just dont know what all I can and cannot delete (besides WINDOWS files, I know you cant delete anything in the windows folder) but I just dont know how to get to all those hidden files that stack up and things like that. My computer sucks balls. Can anyone help me? Im in desperate need of help to get my computer back the way it was the first day I brought it home.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 12:00 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

Take a magnet to your hard drive. Start with a clean slate.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 15th, 2005 09:30 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

when you do a virusscan, you'll get three options:
Delete, Quarantine, Abort (or Cancel)

pick Quarantine, if that doesn't work, pick delete

Old Post May 15th, 2005 09:37 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

FORMAT C smart

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post May 15th, 2005 09:41 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

What does formatting the Cerm Drive do? And How?

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:35 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

It formats it. stick out tongue

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:47 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean

Shaddup. Lol

Old Post May 16th, 2005 12:51 AM