KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Problems with Vista and Messenger

Problems with Vista and Messenger
Started by: Utrigita

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Utrigita

Problems with Vista and Messenger

Don't know if it here to ask for help but will try anyway.

One of my friends recently bought a new computer, with Vista home something anyway, it was mostly for his daughter and you know how young just love to use MSN, but the crap of Vista will not allow the program to execute so what do I do to help my friend and his daughter so that she may yet again contact her friends???

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 05:24 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

1st of all, this thread may be in trouble for being in the wrong forum... but no fear it'll still exists just be moved!!

2nd of all, did you turn off the internet protection thingy? as far as i know there is one somewhere for the explorer, i'm not sure if that'll effect MSN

3rd : i suggest just getting Trillian because MSN is viruspolous....

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 05:28 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by K73SK
1st of all, this thread may be in trouble for being in the wrong forum... but no fear it'll still exists just be moved!!

2nd of all, did you turn off the internet protection thingy? as far as i know there is one somewhere for the explorer, i'm not sure if that'll effect MSN

3rd : i suggest just getting Trillian because MSN is viruspolous....

thanks

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 06:36 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.M
Welcome to The Suck

Yeah it is probably just the firewall. just allow MSN and it should work.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 09:10 PM
T.M is currently offline Click here to Send T.M a Private Message Find more posts by T.M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Either Firewall or something that Vista screws up. Like about 85% of games don't work on Vista right now because it's not Vista OSO compatible... But I don't think it's the same thing with MSN messanger.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 09:15 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
an_old_wonderer

Originally posted by Spidervlad
Either Firewall or something that Vista screws up. Like about 85% of games don't work on Vista right now because it's not Vista OSO compatible... But I don't think it's the same thing with MSN messanger.
yea isn't MSN microsoft or something?...

85% are you sure? vista was mainly made for video games.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 11:32 PM
an_old_wonderer is currently offline Click here to Send an_old_wonderer a Private Message Find more posts by an_old_wonderer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

It's brand-new though and right now very little is compatible with it.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 11:34 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

This is why you don't buy new OSes the year they come out.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 11:38 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bloigen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Barker
This is why you don't buy new OSes the year they come out.

Haha, yeah "buy" an operating system, haha, yeah.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You were adopted.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:10 PM
Bloigen is currently offline Click here to Send Bloigen a Private Message Find more posts by Bloigen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

good one Bloigen.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:28 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

Originally posted by K73SK

85% are you sure? vista was mainly made for video games.

Which still fails as a gaming platform since there is actually a 15% decrease in peformance with games on Vista.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 09:07 PM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stalker 360
Henshi a-go-go, baby!

with current games. maybe future games will be built for vista.

anway your msn problem seems a little strange as WLM is a microsoft owned product and shouldnt be blocked by a firewall. when i first installed my vista there was a link to download msn on my start bar. clicked it and everything went fine from there

Current Pokemon:5

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 12:27 AM
Stalker 360 is currently offline Click here to Send Stalker 360 a Private Message Find more posts by Stalker 360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
doan_m

Originally posted by Stalker 360
[B]with current games. maybe future games will be built for vista.

More along the lines of have no choice but to readjust their games for Vista. And yes, there will be future games solely built for Vista. Its
DirectX 10 technology, unfortunately exclusive to Window's Vista and will rely on new DirectX 10 hardware to get your performance out of it. The hardware part is what really irks the blasted hell out of me. And I dont think I can stand to run games on Vista knowing that had DRM been a nonexistent factor I could have seen my games run a whole lot smoother then with it being left on.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2007 02:57 AM
doan_m is currently offline Click here to Send doan_m a Private Message Find more posts by doan_m Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote