KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Simple Webhosting

Simple Webhosting
Started by: chithappens

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
chithappens

Simple Webhosting

I am currently co-editor of a newsletter and I want to find a way to put the articles up on a website for cheap. I am not sure what is the best method to use or where to even begin looking for a domain.

Can someone point me to the cheapest, most efficient way of how to do this properly?

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 09:38 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

The following two options are good for you:

Check this link! (This site provides free web hosting services.)

Check this link! (This site is the best web hosting source on the web and charges are highly affordable at the moment.)

Old Post Oct 6th, 2007 10:02 PM
S_W_LeGenD is currently offline Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

GoDaddy, cheap hosting and domains

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 02:25 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Namecheap is generally cheaper for names unless godaddy's having a sale.

And their hosting is fairly cheap but you don't get a huge amount with it.

I use surpasshosting.com, I've used them for about 4 years, they're cheap and any issues I've had (very few) were taken care of incredibly fast, so I'd recommend them.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 03:38 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Thanks a lot . I really am such a newbie at this sort of thing but I'm going to try it out and see what happens.

Any suggestions for a guy doing this for the first time? Things to look out for or possible loopholes or what can make a server begin to fail?

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 07:25 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Da Pittman
"Pitt Happens"

Really kinda depends on what you plan on doing with your newsletter, if you are just posting it on the site and not mailing it out and depends on how much work you are planning on putting into it. Most servers have built in protection to prevent endless loops in scripts so I doubt you will make the server crash. wink

I use ipower.com for my hosting for many years now, been pretty good so far and cheap plus get MySQL with the basic package.

Last edited by Da Pittman on Oct 8th, 2007 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 09:57 PM
Da Pittman is currently offline Click here to Send Da Pittman a Private Message Find more posts by Da Pittman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

You mean there's hosting companies that don't automatically give you MySQL? Wow. Even my first host I ever used, which was shitty and expensive yet I didn't know better gave me unlimited databases.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 10:51 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Google Pages might be right for you

http://www.googlepages.com/

Old Post Oct 9th, 2007 11:17 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

I think the site i used to use was called 110 MB (After your storage allowance.)Totally free and when .tk'd was extremely useful and let me get my head round layouts.

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Oct 10th, 2007 08:32 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Someone pointed me to www.freeservers.com. The set up is easy and the editing would be simple for html noobs.

Know anything about it?

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 07:15 PM