KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Christians dont love God............

Christians dont love God............
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

Miffed Christians dont love God............

Do christians really love their god? or just what he has to offer? Think about it........You dont love your parents simply because of what they have to offer do you? Of course not. But If the christian god really did exist (this is me speaking as an atheist) and appeared and said that there is no reward of eternal blissful afterlife in heaven for worshipping him, i guarantee that the bible would be as popular as reruns of the gong show. big grin

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:08 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

No blissful afterlife?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:23 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Do christians really love their god? or just what he has to offer? Think about it........You dont love your parents simply because of what they have to offer do you? Of course not. But If the christian god really did exist (this is me speaking as an atheist) and appeared and said that there is no reward of eternal blissful afterlife in heaven for worshipping him, i guarantee that the bible would be as popular as reruns of the gong show. big grin

Of course!

Not only bible but torah and quran and many others who believe in one god (mormon, i think??)

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 10:09 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

They created heaven to entice you and hell to entice you even more.

Those places do not exist.

As long as people consider Earth a pit-stop before their true eternal blissful heavenly destination, the positive advancement of humanity will be stifled.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 10:14 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

You don't have to be a Christian to love God..To love God is to love people and to love all of creation and take care of both. Many Christians say they love God and then trash other people and the environment. And people don't even realize that in doing so they are really hurting themselves, It's just like craping in your own house and slapping your kids around, and then wonder what is wrong with everyones attitude, and man do our cities smell, and why can't we swim in our lakes. And it's not just Christians either..

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:41 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

Amen sista! thumb up

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 12:57 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Odious
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only reason why Christians worship God is out of fear of Hell. They just want to get a good seat, or if they're really good they get to sit in the vip lounge...forever...and ever...and ever...next to people like the local child molesting priest, Micheal Jackson, OJ Simpson, Bin Laden and crew, Richard Simmons, Winnona Ryder, Vanilla ice...Think of all the fun they'll have.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:30 AM
Darth Odious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Odious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Odious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

What did Richard Simmons, and Winnona Ryder do..Is it the naughty thing?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:38 AM
lil bitchiness
-

Im damned from Christian perspective to to hell because I dont believe in God.

And today, Im damned from Muslim perspective too - because i refuse to acknowledge quran as a word of god, and my will to be moral is worthless without me acknowledging a god.

Jews told me i might still go to heaven, even though i dont believe in god...

I love having religious debates with Christians, Muslims and Jews, its like a race o popularity!!

''Join us or suffer hell''
''No join us, if you join them you'll surely go to hell''
''They are both stupid, we are the one true religion, convert dammint or god will smite you''

quality!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:35 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

In my opinion, Christians are too obsessed with doing things for God.

I have better things to do in my time...

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 10:02 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

What kind of things are you referring to?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 01:03 PM
vicki horvath

Being a Born Again Christian, who has an actual relationship with Our Lord Jesus, I have to say that while the thought of a blissful afterlife is enticing, it is not the only reason to love God. He takes care of his children while on this Earth also, He is pure Love. I would rather take a chance with someone who teaches righteous and good things, than take a chance on the things people of the world or Satan has to offer! Noone knows what is really going to happen at the end of it all, only Jesus does, but he does give us instructions for eternal salvation. And he did die for our sins! I will take my chances with Him anyday! And I do Love Him for what He has done for me, and is still doing! How could you not! And how can anyone be an athiest, just look around you! The reality and beauty speak for themselves! The ugliness and evilness also speak fr theirselves, I know whose side I woulld rather be on! If it turns out in the end that we just cease to exist, at least i have had a better more hopeful life being a Born Again Christian and serving a god who answers prayers! Take Care

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 02:34 PM
vicki horvath is currently offline Click here to Send vicki horvath a Private Message Find more posts by vicki horvath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God Puppet

Worship and love of god CAN start as fear. But I truly love him, without fear I'm not sure I would have learned how much I love him, but I did. If you walk into a church, or talk to many christians including myself, they'll tell you how content they are, how happy they are on earth, not because they know what the end will hold, but because they feel gods love and share it. I'd be happy just to serve god in heaven, because it'd be just that great to be in his presence. If you think that's still paradise, than you COULD say, you might not love your bio parents if they neglect you correct? Anyway, my two cents. smile

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 02:28 AM
God Puppet is currently offline Click here to Send God Puppet a Private Message Find more posts by God Puppet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

never think I encountered a christian who didnt love the god he/she believed in

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 06:23 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Re: Christians dont love God............

Originally posted by Impediment

They have to love god to be christens.I am pretty sure anyway.JM confused

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 11:50 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by God Puppet
Worship and love of god CAN start as fear. But I truly love him, without fear I'm not sure I would have learned how much I love him, but I did. If you walk into a church, or talk to many christians including myself, they'll tell you how content they are, how happy they are on earth, not because they know what the end will hold, but because they feel gods love and share it. I'd be happy just to serve god in heaven, because it'd be just that great to be in his presence. If you think that's still paradise, than you COULD say, you might not love your bio parents if they neglect you correct? Anyway, my two cents. smile

We should never worship God out of fear! The church twisted respect and awesomeness with fear.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 01:28 PM
God Puppet

Originally posted by debbiejo
We should never worship God out of fear! The church twisted respect and awesomeness with fear.

No, you shouldn't remain fearful, but it can lead you on the right path. Just as a parent punishes a child for respect, later, the respect can grow to love. It happened with me. Now I have a mutual fear of god as to not make him angry, but a greater love of him. So...it's really like a father-son relationship. wink No, You shouldn't worship god from fear but from love, but as I said, fear can help.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 09:19 PM
God Puppet is currently offline Click here to Send God Puppet a Private Message Find more posts by God Puppet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

You only fear God will punish you because that is what your denomination has taught you...The God I know says "Come let us reason together." Can't remember were that verse is though.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 09:22 PM
God Puppet

quote:
You only fear God will punish you because that is what your denomination has taught you...The God I know says "Come let us reason together." Can't remember were that verse is though

Hm? What religion are you exactly? Just another denomination of christianity? Either way, if so, check this out:

"The lord is a man of war: the lord is his name."-Exodus 15:3

"And the lord brought us forth out of egypt with a mighty hand, and with an outstretched arm, and with great terribleness, and with signs, and with wonders:"-Deuteronomy 26:8
(These prove that if provoked, god can cause some damage)

This last one makes the truest point:
"And thou solomon my son, know thou fathers lord, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts:if thou seek him, he will be found of thee;but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off forever."-I Chronicles 28:9

Last edited by God Puppet on Apr 27th, 2005 at 09:51 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 09:48 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

"Come let us Reason together" is also in the OT... You ask what denomination am I, I'm a heretic. That's how I would be classified.

blink

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 10:33 PM