KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Star Wars and Religion

Star Wars and Religion
Started by: silver_tears

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
silver_tears

Star Wars and Religion

Is it just me that notices a link between the two? embarrasment

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:24 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imaginary
blinded

If you're referring to the Jedi Order, then yes, I suppose Jedi is sort of like a religion.

Old Post May 29th, 2005 11:33 PM
Imaginary is currently offline Click here to Send Imaginary a Private Message Find more posts by Imaginary Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

i think george became an athiest between the two trilogies. In the original trilogy he described the force as having faith in a greater being that is everywhere. In the new trilogy he totally shits all over that description and gives us a feeble scientific exaplanation that the force is in your blood. Horsecrap.

Old Post May 30th, 2005 02:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I was thinking about the two forces....

Old Post May 30th, 2005 03:45 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

It is actly according to GL a mix of religon one is budest because of the whole nature force thing.I am not sure about the rest of it.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post May 31st, 2005 11:14 AM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Yes, very much so. Lucas himself said he was Buddhist (not sure which branch though)

Jedi are Buddhists in space. The whole ''attachemtn is forbiden'' is the one of the centre of Buddhist beliefs. In fact most of what Yoda preaches is one way or the other in Buddhist theology.

Also -the whole ''becoming one with the force after they die'' thing is tied with 'becoming one with everything' and the sense of self-lessness. happy

Basically Jedi are buddhist X-men in space yes

I think I count partly a Jedi since Im a Buddhist. Beware the awesome power of lil b!

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 31st, 2005 02:14 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

oh the noes! a sith!.. big grin

...(tries to think of something constructive to say..)

...*cough*.. The Force Rules~ rock

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 02:28 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

There are forces around us.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 03:38 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sonnet
Angeloflight

Re: Star Wars and Religion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by silver_tears
Is it just me that notices a link between the two? embarrasment

Starwars has been great entertainment and always will be but I don't look for deeper meanings there. One's personal believes and experiences will always influence your creativity and will become mixed up in there somehow. Maybe this is what happened in Starwars.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2005 11:27 PM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote