KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Quote by Mark Twain

Quote by Mark Twain
Started by: periera

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
periera

Question Quote by Mark Twain

If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook

Any opinions?

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 06:34 AM
periera is currently offline Click here to Send periera a Private Message Find more posts by periera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well considering what "Christian" was at the time, ie "White Man's Burden", and seeing Twain's policy on imperialism, this isn't surprising.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 01:31 PM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

Twain never were about race so his argument still stand

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 10:29 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I agree with him.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 11:07 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Yup, Christ would not be a Christian....The Christian Religious Fractions = Religious Pharisees of old...I think that is how he'd see it.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 12:45 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Jesus was a rebel.= going against the norm.I don't know any christians who hang around prostotutes and durnks .(i'm drukl too you see)

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 04:51 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

not one place in the bible does it refer to Jesus hanging out with prostitiutes.

The Catholic church long spread the myth that Mary Magdaline was a prostitute based on a passage that refers to an un-named prostitute in the New Testament.................Pope John Paul II appologized for this many years ago, admitting it had no foundation in the texts.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 05:59 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by periera
If Christ were here there is one thing he would not be -- a Christian.
-- Mark Twain, Notebook

Any opinions?

I actually agree.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 03:28 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I actually agree.

I as well, he would be a jewish. Born, raised and died one. Christianity was made in his name by people, not him. Therefore, it is doomed to be flawed. But its purpose is absolute, and perfect.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 10:04 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
I as well, he would be a jewish. Born, raised and died one. Christianity was made in his name by people, not him. Therefore, it is doomed to be flawed. But its purpose is absolute, and perfect.

Though in all actually the church was founded on Paul's teachings...

There were the some Jewish Christians, Pagans, Gnostic Christians (Jesus was probably one of them), and the Pauline Christians...The Roman Church chose the writings of the Pauline Christians to found the Church.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 10:12 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Originally posted by debbiejo
Though in all actually the church was founded on Paul's teachings...

There were the some Jewish Christians, Pagans, Gnostic Christians (Jesus was probably one of them), and the Pauline Christians...The Roman Church chose the writings of the Pauline Christians to found the Church.

A metling pot you say...intersting

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 10:57 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lazerlike42
Darth Incompetant

Originally posted by Evil Dead
not one place in the bible does it refer to Jesus hanging out with prostitiutes.

The Catholic church long spread the myth that Mary Magdaline was a prostitute based on a passage that refers to an un-named prostitute in the New Testament.................Pope John Paul II appologized for this many years ago, admitting it had no foundation in the texts.

He clearly does not shun them, however, as would many Christians today.

John 3:16 ^Thanks Ast Rofan^

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 08:37 AM
Lazerlike42 is currently offline Click here to Send Lazerlike42 a Private Message Find more posts by Lazerlike42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Actually that's not true. And I apologise for not stating earlier but I tried to find the passage reading and failed. But anyways, he mentions that "it will be the sinners and the prostitutes that will enter heaven before the pharasies. And that a docter does not come to cure the healthy but rather the sick. He even talked of parables with the prosititues/sinners as the main theme. In the story of the two brothers and the chore of the vineyard. One brother says yes to the father in showing up (whom I believe to be the hypocrits/pharasies of modern times, catholics included), but doesn't. But the son who said no, (sinners, etc.) show up and do his work. That's why some catholics showed get off there soap box, and go out and help people. Because we are to, Spread the Gospel of the Lord, and if neccesary, use words. OF course don't get me wrong, I'm a catholic who like to talk, but a catholic who likes to do more...

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 02:51 PM
mr.smiley

I prefer to think of Mary Magdaline as the lower form of Mary,mother of Jesus.Pretty much the same way described in the jesus mysteries.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2005 06:56 PM