KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What would you do if you found out without a doubt their was or was not a God?

How would it effect your life?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
It wouldn't effect me at all 5 35.71%
It would only effect me a little. 1 7.14%
It would change my entire way of life 8 57.14%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

What would you do if you found out without a doubt their was or was not a God?
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mr.smiley

What would you do if you found out without a doubt their was or was not a God?

How would it effect your life if you were an atheisit and found out a God did exisist.Or if you did belive and found out a God didn't exsisit.Remember to answer honestly when voting on the poll!

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Last edited by mr.smiley on Jul 20th, 2005 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:26 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

It wouldn't effect me at all:

I choose to see the cosmos as a living being. If it turned out to be just a complex system, the outcome, for me, would be the some. Complex systems act like living beings, what is the difference.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 05:35 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking
King of the muscle shirts

then nothing would exist.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:45 PM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
joeykangaroo
jumpy

if i found out there was a god.. it would be creepy
if i found out there wasn't i would be surprised nor bothered

Happy Dance**living it up in the out-back**Happy Dance
eek!>>>johnnyDepp<<<love

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 06:49 PM
joeykangaroo is currently offline Click here to Send joeykangaroo a Private Message Find more posts by joeykangaroo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

My Sister in law from Ohio, where I am right now, says......Well if would effect your life if you believed one way and then it turned out to be the other way....It would be disturbing......Oh...I don't know deb....Wouldn't it be traumatic ....being taught that way all you r life....and it's the only thing you knew....ha ha ahahahaha......wouldn't it be disturbing.....

I'm just trying to figure it out and answer the best way......I'm gonna pee my pants.....hahahahah....OH....nothing....

Rhonda's very disturbed by this question.....She says there is no correct answer....but there is....deb just asked me too fast.....

Ronda...I'm not a schizo..........

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 07:18 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

if people found out it was a lie then they would rebel against the Church.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 07:24 PM
cking is currently offline Click here to Send cking a Private Message Find more posts by cking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

My Sister in law from Ohio, where I am right now, says......Well if would effect your life if you believed one way and then it turned out to be the other way....It would be disturbing......Oh...I don't know deb....Wouldn't it be traumatic ....being taught that way all you r life....and it's the only thing you knew....ha ha ahahahaha......wouldn't it be disturbing.....

I'm just trying to figure it out and answer the best way......I'm gonna pee my pants.....hahahahah....OH....nothing....

Rhonda's very disturbed by this question.....She says there is no correct answer....but there is....deb just asked me too fast.....

Ronda...I'm not a schizo..........

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 07:26 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

nothing would be worth fighting for everything we knew was a lie.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:24 PM
mr.smiley

I used to think it would change my life greatly,but after reading the Science of Good and Evil i'm no longer sure.Michael Shermer makes the point that he would be very disturbed if people changed their lives just because no bigger being was watching them.If they where to change their life because of it,then they never where a kind person for the benifet of others,but for the own personal gain through God.After reading that i'm kind of scared of how people might change their minds if they where to find out beyond a shadow of a doubt that their was no God.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:45 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

it never comes down to fact, but faith.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:48 PM
mr.smiley

Yeah that's true too.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 08:57 PM
cking

people will try to find a different answer to what happened back then. it doesn't need facts to prove anything, what ever is written you have faith or not in it. but terrible is the person who changes it for their own good.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 09:22 PM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

I think it will never comes down to fact like cking said. To know something like this will not change my life in the sense I should behave differently and start to be kind or something like this, I think I try to always be prepared to whatever it comes to be. Like in a war.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2005 10:52 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

It might not change my actions, becuase for the most part I believe in God,even though I am a little skeptical. But while my actions woudl remain the same, it would still be kind of mindblowing

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 04:55 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cking

then we and the world would never exist. we humans cannot create living creatures. so you tell me if God created the universe then or did we do it.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:18 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cking
then we and the world would never exist. we humans cannot create living creatures. so you tell me if God created the universe then or did we do it.

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:22 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

theoretically, the Big Bang did it, but I wont get into the argument of science vs religion

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:27 AM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by RedAlertv2
theoretically, the Big Bang did it, but I wont get into the argument of science vs religion

Try this idea, there never was any beginning. The Big Bang was one of an endless number of Big Bangs. A pulsating light in the nothingness.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 05:31 AM
debbiejo
Dreamer

There that nothingness again....It's everywhere........

Other vibrations and dimensions too..

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 01:06 PM
Bardock42

then nothing would exist.

No, you see things around here do exist (well probably) so if you find out there is no god, still everythin g would exist....just not this God Person that wasn't existant in the first place....

if people found out it was a lie then they would rebel against the Church.

What do yolu mean with Rebel....they just wouldn't go to church anymore and don't believe....what is there to Rebel against anyways......

nothing would be worth fighting for everything we knew was a lie.

Not everything...just the Bible...and what do you mean nothing would be worth fighting fore...you would still be around...if you only live and fight for go then your life isn't that meaningful anyways...
it never comes down to fact, but faith.

In Religion and Philosophy yes......

people will try to find a different answer to what happened back then. it doesn't need facts to prove anything, what ever is written you have faith or not in it. but terrible is the person who changes it for their own good.

People found answers....more factful than the Bible and most Religions ever were.......

That are not the only possibilities......Neither God (cause he doesn't exist) nor Humans cause they cant greated the Earth the Universe and other things...........stop living in a two possibility world...

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2005 02:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote