KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Who is the Bright And Morning Star??

Who is The Bright And Morning Star?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Lucifer/Satan 9 60.00%
Jesus 6 40.00%
Total: 15 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who is the Bright And Morning Star??
Started by: debbiejo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
debbiejo
Dreamer

Who is the Bright And Morning Star??

Is it Lucifer....

Is it Jesus.....

Old Post Jul 31st, 2005 11:46 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Venus...

Not a person after all... but a big ball in the sky.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 12:53 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

That's good Shaky...I should of put Venus in there too...But what does scripture say it is...

Last edited by debbiejo on Aug 1st, 2005 at 02:25 AM

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 02:17 AM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by debbiejo
That's good Shaky...I should of put Venus in there too...But what does scripture say it is...

So, not for me?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 04:20 AM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Well I can't give the answer yet...cause no one has voted.....But I have the answer....yup....I found it....

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 04:35 AM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Well I can't give the answer yet...cause no one has voted.....But I have the answer....yup....I found it....

I also know that answer... and I voted.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 04:38 AM
Bardock42

50-50....very nice people...I am sure you both have the right answer stick out tongue

Well lucifer is the Light Bringer....but what do you mean wit what is the Morning Star...like Shakya said it is Venus....do you mean in the Bible it says some time that one of either is the Star?

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 08:51 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Lucifer is Jerome' s direct translation in his Vulgate of the Septuagint' s Greek translation, as heosphoros, "morning star" or "day star," literally "bringer of the dawn" (Isaiah 14:12).

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2005 11:28 AM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I believe that it is Lucifer. Pre-fall, of course.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:31 AM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Here's the answer......

Jesus Reveals Himself

"I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16)

This verse presents the most shocking revelation in the entire Bible. On the very last page, it reveals Jesus as the "bright and morning star". In other words, Lucifer-- Satan!

In Isaiah 14:12, St. Jerome, translated the Hebrew "morning star" into the Latin term "Lucifer" (light bearer), a name commonly ascribed to Satan by Christians, and represents the fallen star, an ancient symbol for the fallen or evil one. The mourning star actually appears as the planet Venus, the brightest "star" in the sky (but the ancients did not know about planets). Venus always appears low on the horizon, thus it looked like a fallen star (fallen angel) to the believers.

Although the Isaiah verse describes the fallen king of Babylon, Christians have, for centuries, ascribed Satan as taking many forms. And what more powerful form could an evil being take than to pretend himself as the saviour of the world? This would certainly explain the hate filled verses attributed to Jesus and the blind followers who inherit ignorance. Thus, a conclusion, based on Christian beliefs of Satan, and the belief in the "inerrancy" of the Bible, one must conclude that Jesus has revealed himself as Satan!

What a Revelation!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 11:24 AM
finti

quote:
I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
yeah but to what hemisphere

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 11:37 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by finti
yeah but to what hemisphere

Only you would think of this....

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 12:40 PM
sonnet
Angeloflight

Here's the answer......

Jesus Reveals Himself

"I am the root and offspring of David, and the bright and morning star." (Revelation 22:16)

This verse presents the most shocking revelation in the entire Bible. On the very last page, it reveals Jesus as the "bright and morning star". In other words, Lucifer-- Satan!

In Isaiah 14:12, St. Jerome, translated the Hebrew "morning star" into the Latin term "Lucifer" (light bearer), a name commonly ascribed to Satan by Christians, and represents the fallen star, an ancient symbol for the fallen or evil one. The mourning star actually appears as the planet Venus, the brightest "star" in the sky (but the ancients did not know about planets). Venus always appears low on the horizon, thus it looked like a fallen star (fallen angel) to the believers.

Although the Isaiah verse describes the fallen king of Babylon, Christians have, for centuries, ascribed Satan as taking many forms. And what more powerful form could an evil being take than to pretend himself as the saviour of the world? What a Revelation!

The scriptures in Isaiah also is symbolic to the fall of Satan as described elsewhere in the New Testament Both from Heaven and at the end of his reign on earth. Lucifer was a bearer of light when he was an angel of Heaven according to the Bible but became the Prince of Darkness after his fall. I asume then Jesus is called the bright morning star because it is said of Him to be the light of the earth. This to me is symbolic of hope and giving direction.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 01:10 PM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Glad you're back sonnet.. smile

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 01:19 PM
sonnet
Angeloflight

Glad you're back sonnet.. smile

I really missed you all.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 01:33 PM
sonnet is currently offline Click here to Send sonnet a Private Message Find more posts by sonnet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Only you would think of this....
well it is of importance actually

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 02:07 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by finti
well it is of importance actually

Quite so......

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 02:08 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

I see venus...so wouldn't everyone?....well...maybe it depends on the time of the year.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 02:10 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Here's the answer......

Jesus Reveals Himself

Although the Isaiah verse describes the fallen king of Babylon, Christians have, for centuries, ascribed Satan as taking many forms. And what more powerful form could an evil being take than to pretend himself as the saviour of the world? This would certainly explain the hate filled verses attributed to Jesus and the blind followers who inherit ignorance. Thus, a conclusion, based on Christian beliefs of Satan, and the belief in the "inerrancy" of the Bible, one must conclude that Jesus has revealed himself as Satan!

What a Revelation!

Or...when Satan fell, he no longer was the morning star; his position was given to the 'light of the world'.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 06:29 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

Ezekiel 28:13 of the KJV and NKJV seem to hint that Satan was involved with music in Heaven. The two Scripture passages that describe Satan before he fell are Ezekiel 28:12-19 and Isaiah 14:12-15. Satan was the “anointed cherub” (Ezekiel 28:14). He was adorned with every precious jewel imaginable (Ezekiel 28:13). He was “the model of perfection, full of wisdom and perfect in beauty” (Ezekiel 28:12b). Likely he was the highest of all angels. He was persuasive enough to convince one-third of the angels to join him in his rebellion (Revelation 12:4). Even after his fall from heaven, not even Michael the archangel dares to stand up to him without the Lord’s help (Jude 9). Satan fell because of pride. He did not like being “second best”. He wanted to be God: “You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; I will raise my throne above the stars of God; I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly, on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain’” (Isaiah 14:13).
Was Satan the head musician? I cannot answer that. Scripture does not say enough about what his duties were in heaven. Considering the fact that the angels constantly worship God (Isaiah 6:3; Revelation 4:8), it is possible that Satan led in worship. For Satan to rebel despite having such an exalted position and close relationship with God – the devil is surely due his eternal destiny (Revelation 20:10).

All of this courtesy of a FAQ section of a Christian site. But, I think when in Isaiah, when they refer to him as the morning star and son of dawn...that means he was most adorned, and being there since the beginning of time.

Last edited by DirectorFitz on Aug 4th, 2005 at 05:40 AM

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 05:36 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote