KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » If God created the universe, who created God?

If God created the universe, who created God?
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

If God created the universe, who created God?

Or did he just happen to pop out of nothing, which is essentially what the big bang theory is?

Many religious people often say "our world is too perfect to have come through random chance, it must've been created by a higher being, such as God"

My line of logic is "then this God must've been too perfect to just have come through random chance as well, and he must've been created by a higher being as well"

as you see, this leads to a circular argument

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 04:48 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

god created him self by pulling the handkerchief away

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 04:52 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

^^ laughing out loud

Actually...there is a theory like the one you mention...no not you finti....Masterbruce....

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 04:56 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

I know what you mean, but thats not only a religion problem, thats how big bang theory is, random chance don´t answer the big bang theory ; scientists asks themselves what made the big bang happen, and religious people ask themselves if God created the universe, who created God?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 05:06 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Atlantis, the problem is that religious people DON'T ask who created God

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 05:28 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

There is no beginning, time is an illusion.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 06:13 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Maybe god is a great big circle...no beginning, no end...just round... confused

PLEEEEASSSSSEEE..Somebody tell me....cause I don't know.....

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 06:45 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

If god could exist without a cause then so can the universe. That is, if god can be self-caused (or exist without a cause), and then have caused the universe, so, is the argument that the universe may be self-caused (or exist without a cause), and therefore be not caused by god, equally valid.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:02 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Storm
If god could exist without a cause then so can the universe. That is, if god can be self-caused (or exist without a cause), and then have caused the universe, so, is the argument that the universe may be self-caused (or exist without a cause), and therefore be not caused by god, equally valid.

The universe = God. In other words, the universe is the body and God is the mind.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:15 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The universe = God. In other words, the universe is the body and God is the mind.

Yeah, like that.....and the reason for it is to experience all there is....and we are parts of it.....

God =me=you=universe=visible=invisible.....All there is.....

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:45 PM
Bardock42

There is no beginning, time is an illusion.

Lunchtime doubly so.....

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:50 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bardock42
Lunchtime doubly so.....

What the f**k?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:52 PM
Bardock42

What the f**k?

What?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 07:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

What?

I said, WTF?

In other words, what?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 08:06 PM
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Originally posted by Storm

Maybe thats the key to understand this. The usual concept of cause, and effect when thinking in questions like this seems to be self-contradictory, so maybe we should rethink cause and effect to have an answer. Maybe cause, and effect are not always as we think of it.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 08:39 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Atlantis001
Maybe thats the key to understand this. The usual concept of cause, and effect when thinking in questions like this seems to be self-contradictory, so maybe we should rethink cause and effect to have an answer. Maybe cause, and effect are not always as we think of it.

There is one aspect of cause and effect in Buddhism that is hard to understand, cause and effect are simultaneous and the same phenomenon.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 09:13 PM
Bardock42

I said, WTF?

In other words, what?

I know..and I said What?.....What the f**k?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 09:19 PM
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

I know..and I said What?.....What the f**k?

Time is space, so where is the beginning of space, then go two mm before that.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 09:28 PM
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

One thing is for certain........our current laws of physics have not always been applicable. The big bang theory (I still have my doubts on this one) is proof. The laws of conservation for both energy and matter could not always have been true........because at one point both had to be created.

Since the laws of physics have not always been applicable.......but appear to be applicable today this raises two questions.

1. Are we merely at a stable stage in the universe? Is it not possible that at any point in time these laws could become moot again, allowing for creation of matter and energy?

2. Are these laws even true to begin with? Is it not possible that we humans simply do not have enough knowledge of our universe to know how to create energy, how to create matter or how to do anything else contradictory to our current laws.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 12:21 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

True.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 01:01 PM